Author Topic: Martins Followup and Butting Heads with a Ford Dually  (Read 5732 times)

Offline jfpcan

• New Egg
  • Live on the edge just ride
Re: Martins Followup and Butting Heads with a Ford Dually
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
Hello just wondering if you got your bike fixed. Or did they give you false insurance did something else go wrong.

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 05:33:01 PM »
I am basically f*cked.
Their insurance company wont pay.
There might be something legally I can do but I would pay 10 times what I would ever recover to a lawyer to find out.
I have not recontacted the people who hit my bike since being denied by their insurance company to see if they are decent enough to do the right thing but I will.
I am pretty bummed out about it and have not been wanting to think about it or deal with it.
The bike is still not fixed.

Offline jfpcan

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »
I am basically f*cked.
Their insurance company wont pay.
There might be something legally I can do but I would pay 10 times what I would ever recover to a lawyer to find out.
I have not recontacted the people who hit my bike since being denied by their insurance company to see if they are decent enough to do the right thing but I will.
I am pretty bummed out about it and have not been wanting to think about it or deal with it.
The bike is still not fixed.
  Wow sorry to hear that did the insurance give you a reason for this. I had no issue when this happened to me I just contacted my insurance they did all the work and my insurance never went up at all they even fixed my bike before the cheque arrived. Canadian insurance is usually pretty good and fair .

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
They damaged your vehicle they should have their insurance cover it. Your company neednt be involved.

In an ideal world, this is the way it would be.

But now I'm thinking back ... I've never been in any sort of car crash or incident myself, but Fay has .... one was her fault (believing someone who was waving her on to pull out, and getting hit from the other lane), the other four weren't.

And in every single case, the people at fault AT THE TIME were all conciliatory, "I'm sorry", exchange insurance information, "I'll make it right", seemed to be good folks ... but when it came time to actually MAKE it right, they turned into absolute lying a$$hole pieces of shyte.   I don't know whether they talked to a lawyer, or their insurance company, or what, but AFTER the fact, they start lying and claiming something different than what happened and lucky you if you can get them or their insurance to make it right.   People that you wouldn't think would do that, too.

For us, now, it's call the cops, take licenses and names, protect yourself, because there's something about human nature that wants to screw you bad after they hit your vehicle ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
Making your insurance subrogate the claim is a last resort before calling the lawyers. Sometimes it has to be done but normally they shouldnt be involved when  the other guy is at fault and has insurance.
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Offline jfpcan

• New Egg
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »
Making your insurance subrogate the claim is a last resort before calling the lawyers. Sometimes it has to be done but normally they shouldnt be involved when  the other guy is at fault and has insurance.

Insurance always work together getting estimates so there�s no fraud involved. Only time I ever had a claim refused is he doesn�t have insurance this would be a reason for there insurance to refuse the claim. Even a lawyer couldn�t fix that problem should never ride or drive without it. Also he mentioned he may try contact them again I’m sure there insurance talked to them and told them if he contacts them for them to call back and make a complaint that’s why insurance work together and not individuals to many hot heads out there.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:54:19 PM by jfpcan »

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2018, 10:45:45 AM »
Oh yeah...insurance companies work together alright.
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Offline Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »
Get your insurer involved and let them deal with the insurance company that is declining to pay.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline jfpcan

• New Egg
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »
Get your insurer involved and let them deal with the insurance company that is declining to pay.

I’m thinking the reason for declining is he doesn’t have insurance maybe he could chime in it would be a learning so many of us don’t get caught in the same situation.

Offline jfpcan

• New Egg
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »
Was just curious if you were ever able to resolve your insurance problem. I hope all is good

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here