Author Topic: Colorado "Not a Guzzi - Guzzi rally" Top of The Rockies Rally July 19-22  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
2017 July 19- 22 Rally in Paonia, Colorado. Escape the heat with a great rally with vendors, entertainment, food, camping, etc. BEST RIDING IN THE STATE. This the best annual rally in Colorado put on by the BMW of Colorado Club. NOT a brand specific rally. 11 GUZZIS showed last year and we need more. Since we no longer have an official Guzzi rally in Colorado, this is a great alternative. I was one of the organizers for our Salida rallies, and now I run registration for this one. July 20-23rd. Check out the link and lets make this a great "not a Guzzi, Guzzi rally" You'll love this rally and the town of Paonia.

You can arrive and camp at the park Wednesday the 18th if you want, or earlier at the local High School

https://bmwmcc.org/top-o-the-rockies-rally/

Pictures are from last years Guzzi attendance( a few were out riding) Other pic is 2 stalwart Guzzi riders (Testarossa, and Archangel) manning registration :laugh:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:18:10 AM by Archangel »
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
geees....those bike look familiar.

Great rally, great music.  Nice little town with scenic rides to littler towns.  Want to go back (maybe next year).
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
geees....those bike look familiar.

Great rally, great music.  Nice little town with scenic rides to littler towns.  Want to go back (maybe next year).

Sorry you won't be there. Are you planning on the Utah Get-Together NAR in September?
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Sorry you won't be there. Are you planning on the Utah Get-Together NAR in September?

Thanks Angel, I haven't heard about it and that's a long ways away. 

I can only blame myself for poor planning, a sore elbow and lack of motivation due to disappointing events over the last month.   blah.   I was originally planning for 3 weeks in Colorado with my trailer and bikes.  Right now I plan to drive the cage and stay a few days and attend a concert or two.   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:02:14 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

Offline BentGoose

• Hatchling
This is a great rally too bad I can't make it, had to allow the vacation time slot to be used by a coworker maybe next year.
Roger Pritzel Denver, CO
'15 1400 California Touring
'14 Stelvio
'08 1200 Sport
'04 Ballabio
'98 EV X 2
'71 Ambo Police, '71 Ambo Civilian
'38 UL & '46 FL

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
I am going to be there from the 6th to the 16th then I was going to head north into Canada.  Maybe I will swing back west and stop by before going north.  I will be on my Norge.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
Hey Guzzi Riders. The rally is one week away now and I was wondering how many are planning on showing up. Hopefully more than the 11 bikes we had last year!  Perhaps we might plan a Guzzi get together on one of the evenings :) Shout out if you are planning on attending.

Looks like perfect weather for the rally with highs in the 80's and cool nights in the mid 50's to 60 for great camping. :)
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
Riding from Ouray to Denver via Pagosa Springs,Lake City, and BlackHawk/ Central City tomorrow.  I’m going to spend a couple days with my brother then I will head back over. You just can’t beat Colorado riding, dirt or road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
I'm still on the fence.  My daughter and her family are heading to the Black Hills this weekend and maybe taking my wife with them, will be returning on Thursday.  She and my SIL will head for LA on Friday so will be watching the granddaughters.  If my wife feels like she can handle it herself, I may show up.  oh, and possibly a closing on a home refi too.
Will just have to wait and see.

Offline redhawk47

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Traveler
I don't think I will make it this year. I just got home from a 20 day trip to Virginia, 4600 miles in 15 riding days. Attended Virginia MG Rally and Artist Blacksmiths Association of North America conference. Still playing "catch up" - chores, bills, email, forums, etc.

Dan
Dan
2021 V85TT Centenario, 2016 V7II Stone, CSC TT250, Gone:KLR, CSC RX3,

Offline PICKLEKOOKEN

• Gaggle Mentor
  • 74 ELDO ( MOTHER GOOSE) 2007 NORGY
 :bike-037: I'll be there leaving Denver O dark 30 Thursday morning!
So many curves. so little time!

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
Not going to make it. I headed North and am passing through the Black Hills of SD now. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2024 Stelvio V100

oldbike54

Same here , pictures and reports please , thanks .

Dusty

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
great rally, wish I was there.
John L 

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
Just stopped by for a look. Archangel says 519 bikes already registered. I counted 130 parked including 2 Guzzis. Everyone else is out riding or inbound. Scott counts 7 Geese in all including his and mine. Too hot to just hang out!
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Stay cool Seth.  It was 110 down here in flat lands.

I do remember a little sun in Paonia. 
John L 

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
Just stopped by for a look. Archangel says 519 bikes already registered. I counted 130 parked including 2 Guzzis. Everyone else is out riding or inbound. Scott counts 7 Geese in all including his and mine. Too hot to just hang out!

Final count was 585 registered for the rally with 8 Guzzis in attendance. Fairly hot days with a few cooling afternoon showers, and of course perfect night temps in the 60's. Great bands on Friday and Saturday. fun rally, with some good vendors. One of the California 1400s had a new seat made for his bike at the rally since Bill Mayer Saddles was one of the vendors. He loved the new seat after his 120 mile "test ride"

Lots of bike Marquees represented at the rally. This rally has been a good "all brand" rally for a long time. More bikes represented really has made it a more fun rally overall. Probably the only way bike rallies will be successful in the future as ridership dwindles and rallies have a harder time keeping attendance numbers up.
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Arch,  what bands did you book?
John L 

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
Arch,  what bands did you book?

The Shawn Pittman Band from Tulsa on Friday, and the Ally Venable Band from Texas on Saturday. Both blues and Blues /Rock bands.
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here