Author Topic: EBR Racing auction for parts and tools, kinda sad.  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Curtis Harper

• Gaggle Hero
    • Harpers Moto Guzzi
EBR Racing auction for parts and tools, kinda sad.
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:10:04 PM »
So, been getting updates on the Erik Buell / EBR asset auction and looks like some things are making their way to the doors. May be some really smoking deals if you have a buell. Kinda sad to see the end of another effort.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=110677
More Moto Guzzi parts than anywhere.
www.harpermoto.com
1-816-697-3411
curtis@harpermotocom

Offline xander18

• New Egg
Re: EBR Racing auction for parts and tools, kinda sad.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:39 PM »
The way prices are looking now you could build a badass Buell out of the bits they're selling off for a few grand, tops! Looks like some really good tools for sale as well. If only I was in a more permanent shop I would be seriously interested in a mill or lathe.
--
1997 California 1100i

Other afflictions:
Alfa Romeo (recovering)
Saab 900 (recovering)
Mopar (active addiction)

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
I wonder why Can Am never partnered with him?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

twowings

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »
Does this impact EBR motorcycle production? Or is Erik associated with that in name only?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 04:55:41 PM »
My thought is Can Am surly looked at it, but may have found the market is to small to merit their resources.   

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but around Chicago, cruisers rain at a ratio of at least 8:2, probably 9:1.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:23:35 PM »
My thought is Can Am surly looked at it, but may have found the market is to small to merit their resources.   

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but around Chicago, cruisers rain at a ratio of at least 8:2, probably 9:1.

Yeah ,it's raining cruisers here also  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:12 AM »
Cruisers = cats and dawgs here, too.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »
What happened to all the leftover EBR bikes? They picked up a truckload from my local dealer.  I don't think they ever sold even one.   

Offline GearheadGrrrl

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 07:14:08 AM »
As for the parts, the new owners of EBR are auctioning off a bunch of stuff not needed for future bike production. They're also assembling a few bikes from parts on hand and have signed up a few dealers, but their business is liquidation so I suspect they're just trying to convert the assets into a going enterprise that's more salable. As for the couple hundred bikes in inventory, IIRC General Electric Credit was flooring them, and they appear to have been disappeared to somewhere...
Guzzi: Quota with Motorvation 'hack
BMWs: F800S, R100GS, R80ST with Motorvation Spyder 'hack, R65LS
Hacks: Motovation Spyder and Formula II
Buell: M2L, RIP Buell Motors Corporation
Yamaha: MX250 $25 auction find, "static display" for now, XS650 "on loan" from my brother, 'nother "static displa

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
As for the parts, the new owners of EBR are auctioning off a bunch of stuff not needed for future bike production. They're also assembling a few bikes from parts on hand and have signed up a few dealers, but their business is liquidation so I suspect they're just trying to convert the assets into a going enterprise that's more salable. As for the couple hundred bikes in inventory, IIRC General Electric Credit was flooring them, and they appear to have been disappeared to somewhere...

Yes, I don't remember dealers selling them off cheaply as H-D did the Buell lineup.  Trucks arrived and picked up most of the machines.

Online fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »
There not gone yet they have these new dealers..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
Thank you, Curtis.  I passed the information along to a couple friends who own Buells.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline circlip

• Hatchling
  • It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »
MCC in Villa Park, Illinois are also a dealer.
Maybe they don't qualify as a "new dealer" since they have been one for a few years.
2018 V7 III Milano
2021 KTM 390 Adventure

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:17 PM »
The new owner of EBR lives in Michigan...there are a few left over bikes up for sale over here...$8k for the naked

They intend on making bikes. They are selling off equipment that doesn't help with making bikes.

They have also announced lower prices $13k, $14k...a lot of bike for the money.

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 11:22:45 PM »
Geeze - I thought the guy had just gotten his feet back under him again.

It's too bad that there's likely bad blood 'twixt he and HD. It would be interesting to see him have a free hand with deep pockets to finally exploit the water cooled Harleys in those V-Rods and little water pumpers.

I think of EB's take on a proper HD V-Max/Diavel or HD gettin' in Indians Scout face more directly.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Lcarlson

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »

It's too bad that there's likely bad blood 'twixt he and HD. It would be interesting to see him have a free hand with deep pockets to finally exploit the water cooled Harleys in those V-Rods and little water pumpers.

I think of EB's take on a proper HD V-Max/Diavel or HD gettin' in Indians Scout face more directly.

Todd.

I don't think we'll see Eric doing anything with H-D again. They even kept the rights to the Buell Motorcycle name, although they had no intention of doing anything with it....

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
I don't think we'll see Eric doing anything with H-D again. They even kept the rights to the Buell Motorcycle name, although they had no intention of doing anything with it....

Not knowing the particulars, that's a pretty whoreish thing to do - holding onto the guy's name, even if it is in an in-construct  context.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 05:04:01 AM »

I'm guessing Eric hung onto H-D's $$ also. H-D owns "Buell Motorcycles" yes. I don't see anything weird about that. I would find it weird if "Buell Motorcycles" were produced today and Harley was associated through name with them with bankruptcy and all being a part of things. Companies have to be careful sometimes.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:45 AM »

Todd.

Except he had his opportunity to do something with the VRod motor and didn't WANT to. The motor was originally conceived for his product line but Harley put restrictions on it that resulted in it being too big/heavy for his purposes.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 06:54:06 PM »
He chocked with the Vrod motor, easy to see in hindsight I'm sure.  Dimes to doughnuts, the lawyers at HD said hold the Buell name.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here