Author Topic: Please convince me to not go buy a V7 III Anniversario  (Read 8049 times)

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Please convince me to not go buy a V7 III Anniversario
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
No!...

Don't...

Stop...

Don't stop...
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline xaman

• New Egg
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 11:32:26 PM »
I have over $14,000 invested in my 2012 V7 Racer and have had almost zero interest in a buyer for over 1-1/2 years at sub $5,700. Small blocks are great if you're going to keep fo the long haul (decades). If you think your going to sell the bike in the foreseeable future (1 to 10 years) be willing to take a huge bath 60/70/80% over new and wait a long time for it to sell at a huge discount. They hold little to no resale value. With that said I still love Guzzi's and have owned 11 of them and still have other beside the 2012 V7R.

I've looked at your bike multiple times, just wish it was a standard position with passenger accommodations.  Beautiful ride though.

To the OP, definitely buy the bike!

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:22 AM »
I have seen the bike in Hamburg 3 weeks ago. All the important bikes were there (even the new versions of the Honda CB 1100). The Anniversary simply was by far the most gorgeous non-custom bike at the whole show. Also compared to all the neo-classics from Triumph.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Well, I did put down a deposit on Saturday.

On one of your trips out to So Cal pm me.  I normally have an extra bike or two and am always looking for an excuse for a ride up to Nucomb's Ranch (28 miles from my driveway).

Will do. It's kind of a pain for me to get to the Crest from Redondo Beach.. but worth it.  :smiley: :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »
Congrats on the new beauty!  Glad to see support of MG with a new bike purchase.  I'm a CL troll and Swap Meet troll, looking for these great bikes after the brutality of the market has unfairly robbed them of cash 'value' even though their riding value continues for decades.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

twowings

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
You're just going to be out riding it all time...you KNOW you will!  :evil:

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 01:18:41 PM »
Well, I did put down a deposit on Saturday.

On one of your trips out to So Cal pm me.  I normally have an extra bike or two and am always looking for an excuse for a ride up to Nucomb's Ranch (28 miles from my driveway).
When do you expect to see it?
Hope to see you on it at Newcomb's Ranch!
Kirk

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »
When do you expect to see it?
Hope to see you on it at Newcomb's Ranch!

I believe it is 4 to 6 weeks out or so.  Pro Italia is checking into it.

Tennmoto

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »
I'm not so certain that you really are guzzisti material yet.
The correct way to proceed would be to find a dirt cheap California EV, ride that for five years, then look for a used Anniversario!  :grin:
You read my insane mind but I might not wait 5 yrs, lololollolol

Offline O

• Gosling
  • Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 08:34:17 AM »
the Moto Guzzi US site now has pics of the new V7 Special in an alternate black/green color scheme.  I still prefer the blue/orange, but pretty cool nontheless.

i want to upload my photo on facebook
Owen

2014 V7 Special

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »
Had my eye on a '14 V7 Racer because I like the chrome tank, and just discovered the new anniversary edition V7 III... it was love at first sight.  I am so close to dropping a deposit on one.

Please save my wallet!

Life is short and precious...follow your heart...go buy it...ride it...and enjoy it! :thumb: :cool:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
The only Guzzi that are worth significantly more now than when new are the V7 Sport and first LeMans. Aside from the MG-01 I don't see any Guzzis made in the last 40 years being collectible. Even some of the special edition V11s weren't significant bikes, other than they didn't make a lot of them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to hear from others.

1000S would be in there.  Ambo/Eldo.  But I agree.  I'm not sure any of the V7's will make it.

M
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Online Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »
The only Guzzi that are worth significantly more now than when new are the V7 Sport and first LeMans. Aside from the MG-01 I don't see any Guzzis made in the last 40 years being collectible. Even some of the special edition V11s weren't significant bikes, other than they didn't make a lot of them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to hear from others.

I think MG Daytonas and the '95-'98 1100 Sports will appreciate over time, just like the V7 Sport and early LeMans.   

No small block will ever be an 'investment', the small block series was born a budget bike and is forever branded with that image.  People have been using them up and scrapping them for decades while preserving big block Guzzis.  I don't think that should be a big concern to buyers shopping for a new bike, as all bikes being built now are  designed to depreciate and eventually be tossed, including European bikes. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:30:04 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »
1000S would be in there.  Ambo/Eldo.  But I agree.  I'm not sure any of the V7's will make it.

M

Daytonas too.

Maybe they'll "pull" the Centauros along with them!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Flea

• New Egg

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 12:41:05 AM »
Owning a V7 Stone from 2013 (and loving it) hand having ridden the V7 III Stone yesterday I can say: buy it! It is a significantly better bike, but it's far from sterile or boring.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
Owning a V7 Stone from 2013 (and loving it) hand having ridden the V7 III Stone yesterday I can say: buy it! It is a significantly better bike, but it's far from sterile or boring.

Exactly what I am looking for.  I am 59, have a bmw GSA and a KTM 690, and am looking the the V7iii as a bike for my 7 mile each way commute and to ride up Angeles Crest Highway or down to Newport Beach of the weekends.  Or to a Guzzi rally, but for long distance I have the GSA, desert fun the KTM.

I really like the big gas tank.  I hate short range bikes for commuting (reserve light on my KTM comes on at 90 to 100 miles).

Everything about the V7iii appeals to me, gas tank, aesthetically pleasing, not too heavy, fun bower band without being ridiculous.  I figure to mod it for suspension, some bags , lights, whatnot, and keep it for 15 years or until I am not riding.

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2017, 01:22:25 AM »
" I am 59..."
Thatīs what I also like. Moto Guzzi finally is successfull in luring younger people to the marque.
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here