Author Topic: I'll Kick Your A** AND Take Your Bike!  (Read 2346 times)

twowings

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:28:03 PM by twowings »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: I'll Kick Your A** AND Take Your Bike!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
SICK
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:11:12 AM »
Years ago that happened on I-5 near Sacramento, Ca.  A Harley rider got into a disagreement with a semi-truck driver and flipped the semi driver the bird.  Some time after that the biker was in front of the semi and the semi plowed into the rear end of the biker.  I believe the biker met his maker.

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:05 AM »
In Phoenix a few years ago, a Large truck, maybe a garbage truck, plowed into a group of riders sitting at a stop light.

IF memory serves correct 5 riders were killed and others were injured. No road rage, just a driver high on meth.

This happened on Carefree Highway at about 7th Ave. There's a memorial there now.
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:05 AM »

Bill Hagan

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:13:32 AM »

Disgusting.

Hope the victim pulls through OK.

Late one night in Atlanta years ago, we heard a loud and strange sound outside on the street.

One of my former neighbors was "driving" his SUV home with one wheel locked and twisted from an earlier encounter with a tree at a nearby waterhole. 

Got to see him in the back seat of a patrol car a few minutes later.  His girlfriend -- he found her dancing at a floor show in Vegas; she is worth many stories (and more pix) herself -- almost joined him in the blue-lighted taxi to jail by her drunken hysterics.

Drunks.   :cry:

More on topic, Kathi and I will soon be sporting Helite vests.  See, e.g., http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/helite-airbag-vest/

Those won't, of course, protect one from all moto-catastrophes, but will help in many.  Pricey, but so is traction, etc., for months.

See this recent event:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/helite-airbag-report-group-all-others-welcome.1202146/page-5#post-31869060

Bill

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:02 AM »
I had a friend die that way.  UGH!
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:00 AM »
Not good...and one of my worst nightmares on a motorcycle...
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
  In 78 I got hit on an exit ramp of I-5 in Washington State.  I was at a stop sign when hit hard enough to paste me across the grill and I watched my bike do a loop in the air in front of me.  After running the stop sign and using me as a hood ornament  she blamed on the brakes launching me over the now sliding motorcycle.  As I lay on the pavement feeling for broken bones, she jumped out and squared over me shouting, "I didn't see you", as if this exonerated her of blame.  This apparently worked since the cop didn't write her a ticket.  She was about late twenties and cute and he was about the same age and Horney.  I had a cracked elbow and was shook up enough that I didn't realize until later that it was I who got screwed.  His not ticketing her made it difficult to get her to pay damages on the bike, she paid nothing for my damages.  BTW. she had no insurance and he did not ticket her for that either.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Lumpy Idle

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:34 PM »
when i was in my late teens (a loooong time back now) i was riding pillion on a friend's BSA.  we left the pizza parlor and came up to an intersection with a stop sign for us and clear through for the other direction.  a few seconds later a car came up behind us and started to honk its horn.  i looked back over my shoulder just in time to see that the driver was not slowing down. she hit us. wham the bike goes out into the intersection, i go part way up the hood and then out onto the pavement in the middle of the intersection. it was a period in time when helmets were considered optional but i was wearing an old open faced Bell. no cars were coming through the intersection when we got thrown out there - we were lucky there.  the cops came, i decided not to go to the hospital. the driver explained that she saw her husband driving through the intersection with another woman and that she didn't even see us.

these days i worry less about drunks and errant husbands than i do about idiots on cell phones.
'97 1100Sporti
'76 850T3

"You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter."
--- Anonymous

Offline craigclu

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
A close friend was rear-ended at speed (interstate) in Reno by a speeding drunk.  He was on a fresh, almost new BMW RT1200.  It hit him so square that he actually stayed upright and was able to get it to the side of the road.  Witnesses had enough info for the police that he was apprehended rather quickly.  The bike ended up being totaled as everything was twisted (frame, too).  My buddy is a former jet fighter pilot and trainer, a full career as a commercial airline pilot and after all that, almost snuffed by repeat offender drunk.....
He who is without oil shall cast out the first rod...”-Detonations 5:72.

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
My worst nightmare too.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »
  In 78 I got hit on an exit ramp of I-5 in Washington State.  I was at a stop sign when hit hard enough to paste me across the grill and I watched my bike do a loop in the air in front of me.  After running the stop sign and using me as a hood ornament  she blamed on the brakes launching me over the now sliding motorcycle.  As I lay on the pavement feeling for broken bones, she jumped out and squared over me shouting, "I didn't see you", as if this exonerated her of blame.  This apparently worked since the cop didn't write her a ticket.  She was about late twenties and cute and he was about the same age and Horney.  I had a cracked elbow and was shook up enough that I didn't realize until later that it was I who got screwed.  His not ticketing her made it difficult to get her to pay damages on the bike, she paid nothing for my damages.  BTW. she had no insurance and he did not ticket her for that either.
That's a bummer Jim, I may have you an answer. I, as a retired LEO , worked as a motor cop for several years of my career. When we investigated an accident if there was an obvious violation we would issue a citation. When the person would come to court the judge would most always inquire if the damages to the other vehicle had been taken care of to the satisfaction of the victim. If so the judge would usually dismiss the charges. However in some counties and cities the police or HP had policies that considered traffic accidents to be of a civil nature unless alcohol or gross negligence was involved. If no charge was directed by the investigating officer the victims were forced to sue the other driver in civil court for damages. I always felt this was wrong and made every attempt to conduct a thorough and objective investigation to ensure the victim, as you obviously were, would get justice. You got a raw deal my friend, sorry:(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:11:39 AM by Ncdan »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here