Author Topic: Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Ride  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Ride
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
My parents requested several boxes of Girl Scout cookies from my daughter last month.  Mom and Dad live about 30 miles south of us and still hadn't received their cookies.  So I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.  I took advantage of the weather, rode the new bike on some nice back roads and delivered the cookies.

Here are some pictures of my stop at a roadside spring. 

The bike loaded down with cookies.

The mountains were very stark looking.  Nothing has really woken up yet.  The only color was from this peach tree that must have been planted years ago when people were living here and the woods had not yet grown up.

Travis King
'70 Ambassadors, 73 Norton, 73 V7 Sport, 12 V7 Racer

twowings

Re: Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Ride
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
Did ALL the cookies they ordered make it safely?? Or were there 'unavoidable losses' in transit?   :laugh:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »
My parents requested several boxes of Girl Scout cookies from my daughter last month.  Mom and Dad live about 30 miles south of us and still hadn't received their cookies.  So I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.  I took advantage of the weather, rode the new bike on some nice back roads and delivered the cookies.

Here are some pictures of my stop at a roadside spring. 

Glad to see that the spring is running without a bunch of signs like they do here.

"WARNING - BY AUTHORITY OF THE COUNTY HEALTH AGENCY, THIS WATER HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED AS POTABLE AND RESIDENTS ARE WARNED NOT TO DRINK IT" ....  etc etc, meanwhile people are always there (as they have been for 70 years) with their containers, filling up with spring water ....

What kind of cookies were in your cargo?    If there were any of the peanut-butter-sandwich ones or the thin mint ones, they wouldn't have all made it if I were the messenger ... !

Good time of year to ride ... you can see scenery through the bare trees that you can't see in a month or so ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
Where do you live, Travman?
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »
Where do you live, Travman?

I'll bet the delivery to mom and dad's was down around Sperryville or Luray, that's what those mountains look like .....
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Bill Hagan

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »
I'll bet the delivery to mom and dad's was down around Sperryville or Luray, that's what those mountains look like .....

Travis took me on that route once. 

At about the point he took those pix I worried if Kathi had hired him as a hitman and I was on my last ride.  :thewife: :shocked:  :wink:

You are, btw, Travis, a good son ... and father.

Bill

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:25:34 PM »
Did ALL the cookies they ordered make it safely?? Or were there 'unavoidable losses' in transit?   :laugh:
Good question.  My garage has been filled with Girls Scout cookies for the past two months, so I have had access to a virtually unlimited supply. We are now wrapping up the last orders and I'm ready to reclaim my garage.  So no, I've had my fill until next year.  All six boxes of Tagalongs made it safely to Mom and Dad.

My parents' live in Saumsville, VA which is close to Woodstock.  Those pictures were taken on Zepp Road which is used to cross over a small mountain from Zepp valley into the Shenandoah valley.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:37:50 PM by Travman »
Travis King

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »
Glad to see that the spring is running without a bunch of signs like they do here.

"WARNING - BY AUTHORITY OF THE COUNTY HEALTH AGENCY, THIS WATER HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED AS POTABLE AND RESIDENTS ARE WARNED NOT TO DRINK IT" ....  etc etc, meanwhile people are always there (as they have been for 70 years) with their containers, filling up with spring water ....
What kind of cookies were in your cargo?    If there were any of the peanut-butter-sandwich ones or the thin mint ones, they wouldn't have all made it if I were the messenger ... !

Good time of year to ride ... you can see scenery through the bare trees that you can't see in a month or so ....

Lannis
There is a spring like that on rt. 50 in between Strasburg, VA and Wardensville, WV.  Asian people will come all the way from the D.C. area to fill up every container their vehicle can hold.  This roadside spring is relatively high up so perhaps there are no sources of potential contamination. 

Dad loves Tagalongs, so he received six unopened boxes
Travis King

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
Good question.  My garage has been filled with Girls Scout cookies for the past two months, so I have had access to a virtually unlimited supply. We are now wrapping up the last orders and I'm ready to reclaim my garage.  So no, I've had my fill until next year.  All six boxes of Tagalongs made it safely to Mom and Dad.

My parents' live in Saumsville, VA which is close to Woodstock.  Those pictures were taken on Zepp Road which is used to cross over a small mountain from Zepp valley into the Shenandoah valley.

I thought that had to be Zepp.  :thumb:
Charlie

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »
Travis took me on that route once. 

At about the point he took those pix I worried if Kathi had hired him as a hitman and I was on my last ride.  :thewife: :shocked:  :wink:

You are, btw, Travis, a good son ... and father.

Bill
Bill- The smaller bike is definitely easier for those tight switchbacks.

Thanks for the good son/father compliment. 

I've also been busy polishing aluminum parts on Martin's 72 BMW and my Ambassador.  We have borrowed a Boldor heavy duty polisher and have been getting pretty good at shining up parts. Just the one corner of the front valve cover and the left side of the speedometer holder are complete, but you get the idea.  Move over, Cycle Garden. We can shine up some old bikes too. Do you have anything you need shined up?  I can easily polish those stainless steel valve cover bolts you have on your Griso. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:33:50 PM by Travman »
Travis King

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »
I thought that had to be Zepp.  :thumb:
A knew a few of the more local friends would recognize that road.  :grin:
Travis King

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
Trav -- thanks for the pics.    Looks like you'r enjoying your V7!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »
Trav -- thanks for the pics.    Looks like you'r enjoying your V7!
Definitely enjoying the V7. I hope you will be able to get out and ride some this spring. I know with my back situation there are some bikes that aren't good to ride long distances, but others that I can still ride all day. This V7 seems like I'll be able to ride all day. 
Travis King

Bill Hagan

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Bill- The smaller bike is definitely easier for those tight switchbacks.

Thanks for the good son/father compliment. 

I've also been busy polishing aluminum parts on Martin's 72 BMW and my Ambassador.  We have borrowed a Boldor heavy duty polisher and have been getting pretty good at shining up parts. Just the one corner of the front valve cover and the left side of the speedometer holder are complete, but you get the idea.  Move over, Cycle Garden. We can shine up some old bikes too. Do you have anything you need shined up?  I can easily polish those stainless steel valve cover bolts you have on your Griso. 

<pix snipped>

Thanks.

The Griso and Norge are OK as is.  The EV, OTOH, is a tart.  Might chat with you about its valve covers.  How long do you have the polisher?

Bill

Offline Travman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 09:02:16 AM »
Thanks.

The Griso and Norge are OK as is.  The EV, OTOH, is a tart.  Might chat with you about its valve covers.  How long do you have the polisher?

Bill
We have the polisher for an indefinite amount of time. It belongs to his friend that works on high end cars (mostly older Ferrari's). BTW, this friend of his bought a Lemans III as his first bike and has been riding it non-stop since this summer. So that is another guy with a Guzzi in our county.

We have an extra set of valve covers that might be newer and prettier already.  These were leftover from his 2007 CalVin after we put a set of early 70's valve covers on it. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:32:15 AM by Travman »
Travis King

Offline troyhamilton

• Gaggle Hero
  • Dr frankie
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
reminds me of Ted Nugents song Girl Scount Cookies, I get my cookies from a child! lol
Dr Frankie!
1967 v7, gone
heldorado, gone
1975 850-t gone
1974 850-t gone.
2002 Jackal!
we need a tech section!

Offline Pisano

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 09:25:21 PM »
kill two birds with one stone
Nice pun

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 09:35:33 PM »
Oh shit, that reminds me, I have a box of thin mints in the tankbag on the tiger MMMmmMMMmmMmMmmm
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

twowings

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 05:33:43 AM »
Oh shit, that reminds me, I have a box of thin mints in the tankbag on the tiger MMMmmMMMmmMmMmmm

From what year??  :laugh:

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »
From what year??  :laugh:

From last weekend the girls @ lowes got me
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here