Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I used a filter for the chinese tach. Worked afterwards pretty fine.

Used two resistors and a capacitor. Now... it depends on where you get the signal from. Speedhut can be programmed to work with pretty much anything. I assume acewell too.
I will try to find a schematic for the filter and let you know.
(my cali is also dual plugged).
General Discussion / Re: Crossing the Canadian border
« Last post by ChuckH on Today at 04:24:42 AM »
..... They're mostly worried about whether you are going to return the vehicle to the US with you, that the US authorities are happy with your registration, and most of all that your insurance is valid for your travel in Canada. 

Speaking of insurance -- my insurance man provides me with a "Canada Non-Resident Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card" before I travel across the border.  The card has the vehicle registration information, including the VIN and the dates when the insurance is valid, printed on it.  I suggest you call your insurance agent and ask that they provide this document for your trip.

Ride safe.
General Discussion / Re: Falcone Nuovo valuation
« Last post by huub on Today at 04:16:11 AM »
in europe they fetch 4-5000 euro , so you've got to be pretty desperate  to pay 13.000 dollar...
Having said that there arent that many for sale in the US..
General Discussion / Re: mysterious and predictable engine cutting out
« Last post by Old Jock on Today at 04:08:18 AM »
Sounds like something when getting up to temperature is then failing

So just ask the question again definitely BOTH sides loose spark?

4 Spark plugs, 2 coils? I'm asking as that is what Carl Allison's diagram shows

If I'm using the correct diagram I'd look at the Power Relay and check Fuse 7, swap the relay with something else and check all the fuse contacts. Loss of power or the relay misbehaving will stop the bike dead, it supplies the injectors and coils. I'm not saying that is the fault but it's a common failure point so it's where I'd start

John 
General Discussion / Re: Falcone Nuovo valuation
« Last post by dsrdave on Today at 03:47:35 AM »
I've had interest in one and have been following prices.  Again price is very dependant on condition and how motivated the seller is.  I think 5-8k is realistic.
General Discussion / Re: Daytona Belt Replacement & Crank Pulley
« Last post by Old Jock on Today at 03:44:55 AM »
Wouldn't the bolts do that?

Not sure Tom how precisely the pump needs to be aligned, I'm no expert at stacking tolerances etc: but I'd imagine that dowels (especially if a close tolerance) would locate the pump more accurately onto the crankcase wall than bolts alone.

What's the issue with the woodruff key - is it not letting the gear slide on or moving out of position? Even when very carefully removed to be reused, they can be a PITA to get back in and have the gear slide on. Somehow burred or distorted slightly. I usually resort to sanding the sides on a piece of emery paper and eventually I get it to a point where everything finally slips together.

I made an adapter for my (small) slide hammer that threads onto the shaft of the pump. Then I just gently "bonk" it outwards until off.

I'll review it again today Charlie, it just looked to me like the key wasn't seating firmly onto the shaft and standing prouder than it was when I removed it. I could still get the gear wheel on without resorting to brute force and in the case of the oil pump I reckon the taper is what keeps it from moving on the shaft rather than the key itself.

Probably paranoia on my part but I just want to be as sure and as comfortable with it as I can be.

Do you have them in stock? I'll check Motomecca on Monday (this side of the pond) but if I'm outta luck you are my next best chance.

John
« Last post by Motomoto on Today at 03:01:57 AM »
My similarly spooky Burkittsville Cali was fixed by pulling away the fuse/relay assembly and finding and re-insulating a wire that was shorting against the assembly's bracket.  While in there I replaced and DeoxIT'ed the fuse and relay sockets and cleaned up the spades with 0000 steel wool.  Not a stumble since.

General Discussion / Re: Crossing the Canadian border
« Last post by ITSec on Today at 02:30:01 AM »
Canadian border agents are going to respect the registration issued by a US authority as far as vehicle provenance is concerned. If your VIN is accepted for registration by your state, then Canada will accept it. In fact, Canadian provinces in general do not make a distinction between title and registration as it is understood in the US. Just make sure all the docs match - registration, insurance, etc. should all be consistent with each other.

And any agent who doesn't understand that older bikes may not have matching  - or any - numbers will quickly step back if you politely ask for assistance from a supervisor with experience in the matter, so long as all your documents are consistent and you show no evidence of intending to sell the vehicle to a Canadian buyer. They're mostly worried about whether you are going to return the vehicle to the US with you, that the US authorities are happy with your registration, and most of all that your insurance is valid for your travel in Canada.
General Discussion / Re: Mark iv linked brake issues
« Last post by Arizona Wayne on Today at 12:18:12 AM »
Don't recall my `87 LM IV having linked brakes like my `81 CX100. But I could be wrong.
« Last post by LowRyter on Today at 12:14:33 AM »
listen for the fuel pump upon restart attempt.

then check to see if the fuses are clean and making good contact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise your products today. All proceeds go back into this website.
Your ad will show up over 10,000 times daily!
Advertise Here