ÔĽŅ Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
"Tail of the Tape"...for the poor 20-year old "Yellow Horse!" :shocked: :thumb: :cool:  Not too shabby in the end!

* Miles ridden = 732 round trip
* Fuel burned =  20.302 gallons
* Average MPG = 36.055

General Discussion / Re: Nova Scotia Bound
« Last post by Aaron D. on Today at 06:18:06 AM »
Lovely rides along the Fundy coast in New Brunswick-though it will make your day long.

Nice inn on the northern NB coast, Little Shemogue, also worth a look-see.

Do not discount the east coast of Nova Scotia proper, especially north of Halifax.
General Discussion / Re: V11S Came Home to Roost
« Last post by Cam3512 on Today at 06:09:45 AM »
God, what a beautiful machine.  I donít take kindly to guys taking Guzziís out of my home state.  Damn, why didnít I find it first!

:grin:
Any danger of a decent shot Chuck.
'Twould be a beautiful bike picture properly framed..
Sorry. The lighting was horrible. That was the best of the three I took. From the sides, the sun was behind the elephant looking west, and the pole broke up the frame looking east.
At least he has a new paint job.  :smiley: I was afraid he was migrating when I saw the trailer..
General Discussion / Re: Nova Scotia Bound
« Last post by Bulldog9 on Today at 05:32:25 AM »

Made it to Bar Harbor last night heading North this morning after a little break. Going to check out the lighthouse at Lubec then North into NB & NS Suggested routes ?

Also my rear tire is a bit gnarly the 1500 miles were fun but not so kind. Any suggested shops in NB or NS to keep in mind? I may need a new set of shoes before heading back.
General Discussion / Re: craigslist ads
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 05:05:11 AM »
I've sold most of my bikes on CL. Within the last month I've sold 2. Its free and reaches a lot of people. Sure you have to separate the wheat from the chaff and do a few things to protect yourself but all in all CL has been very helpful in e selling bikes. I've also bought a lot of bikes on CL and never any drama.

Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe CL rally isn't as bad as we make it out to be. But no matter what its worth want we pay for it.
General Discussion / Re: Gloves. I need gloves.
« Last post by twowheeladdict on Today at 05:01:52 AM »
So, since we are talking about gloves, I have a glove issue:
Apparently I have long thumbs. I usually wear a medium or size 8. Just about every pair of gloves I have bought or tried on is too short in the thumbs. Daily use off the bike you wouldn't notice it, but riding the bike you push the glove into the crotch between the thumb and forefinger. The short glove thumb jams the end of my thumb, and is very irritating. My summer perforated gloves I "fixed" by cutting off the end of the thumb, but that's not a solution for cold weather gloves. I have tried soaking before riding on a hot day; hasn't worked for me.
So, my question is: has anyone found gloves with longer than typical thumbs?
PS: I don't want to buy larger gloves because they bunch up on the grip, making double layers and causing irritation on your palms.

Dan

Custom tailored?
« Last post by Mr Pootle on Today at 03:11:00 AM »
Apparently I have long thumbs. I usually wear a medium or size 8. Just about every pair of gloves I have bought or tried on is too short in the thumbs. Daily use off the bike you wouldn't notice it, but riding the bike you push the glove into the crotch between the thumb and forefinger. The short glove thumb jams the end of my thumb, and is very irritating. My summer perforated gloves I "fixed" by cutting off the end of the thumb, but that's not a solution for cold weather gloves. I have tried soaking before riding on a hot day; hasn't worked for me.
PS: I don't want to buy larger gloves because they bunch up on the grip, making double layers and causing irritation on your palms.

Dan
I have the same problem. I suspect it's not us, it's the manufacturers who don't take into account the way we hold the bars.
General Discussion / Motorcycle museum
« Last post by kenvil1 on Today at 03:05:53 AM »
I came across a motorcycle museum in Saint-Jean-Port-Joli while travelling along the Lower St. Lawrence recently, and I thought I'd share some pics from their Italian Room.

« Last post by redhawk47 on Today at 01:31:38 AM »

Dan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Please consider white-listing this site in your Ad Blocker settings. White-listing this site helps the forum financially and reduces the need for donations. This site is 100% donor based. I've taken great strides and effort to ensure there are minimal ads displaying so not to be too intrusive and to find a good balance. The ads are region specific and could actually benefit you as well. Thank you. Look to the very top right of your screen for the "X" to close this message.

Advertise your products today. All proceeds go back into this website.
Your ad will show up over 10,000 times daily!
Advertise Here