Author Topic: EGO Mowers NGC  (Read 1905 times)

Offline zedXmick

• Gosling
EGO Mowers NGC
« on: May 27, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »
My 24 year old John Deere self propelled walk behind is on its last legs. Thinking of making the switch to the EGO  electric mower.  I want to get the newer (brushless motor) model. Any one make the switch to this brand?   Home depot carries this brand.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-20-in-Brushless-Steel-Deck-Walk-Behind-Self-Propelled-Cordless-Mower-Kit-7-5Ah-Battery-550-Watt-Charger-LM2022SP/301233175

2010 VFR1200F  DCT

Penderic

Re: EGO Mowers NGC
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »
Ugly Plastic Wheels.

Heavy Metal! Go Retro!

Offline slopokes

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
That is one classy mower :boozing:

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »
Pend, is that a Vespa mower? It looks Italian.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
Pend, is that a Vespa mower? It looks Italian.

Moto Rumi .

Dusty

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 12:00:36 AM »
No direct experience with the brand in question I can attest the Ryobi 18volt jobbies are pretty poor fortunately we only had a small area to do, small catcher easily stalled etc etc. Having said that the battery power Huski pole saw I have is brilliant. Battery powered stuff is coming along nicely. I'm still running a victa two stroke for mowing duties but I doubt you can by them in the US and I wouldn't describe them as perfect (two stroke as it runs on pretty steep terrain).

My question is does EGO make mowers or have a history of making mowers? Are you confident that the blade design catcher deck are all going to work as you intend? Steel decks are usually pretty thin and rust out if you don't look after them.

Offline Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »
I have used one from that company. Really liked it, shame I had to give it back when the owner had a yard again. Pricey but very nice. Battery lasted well in the model I used and it recharged in about 30min.

Down side is the price of a spare/replacement battery. Might as well buy another mower for a few bucks more. Then again, thats how it seems to be with all the battery mowers. When the battery dies, just replace the whole thing? :angry:

Tom

PS: I have another battery mower that's not as nice, but works. Needed a new battery pack...GUZZI CONTENT... The new pack was about the price of the mower. Open the pack and found 2 bike size batteries. Found the same or better on Ebay and instead of about $200 for a pack, spent about $75 on a pair of batteries and put them in the pack.
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 12:32:13 AM »
I'm on my 3rd year of my EGO mower, and bought it under recommendation of another forum member here. It's held up fine so far, and I can usually get 30-45 minutes out of the battery depending how wet the grass is. It cuts as well as my old mower, and I don't have to worry about gas or changing oil, plus it folds up easy and out of the way. I also bought their leaf blower and trimmer, which work really well.
The only dislike I have is the height of the handlebar...it's not adjustable (at least in my older model). It's a little high for my 5'6" height.
I'd buy another one without thinking twice. There are other brands out there worth looking into as well.
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=70020.65;wap2

Ken
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:33:50 AM by Moto Fugazzi »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here