Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / scan tool question abs
« Last post by lucian on Today at 06:00:23 AM »
Can anyone recommend a mc scan tool with abs diagnostic /bleed functions?  I have researched the TR offerings but am pretty sure  it wont do abs diag.

TIA    Dave
How much is too much?

Oh, and Windex instead of soapy water. I don't know why it works better than anything else (in this instance) but it does.

Another vote for Windex.  It's also a great hand cleaner.  As for psi, my garage air compressor only goes up to about 50 psi and I've had to use our considerably more powerful compressor at work a few tomes.  Scared me a bit but did work.  Figured I really didn't have another option.
General Discussion / Re: V7 Maps
« Last post by malik on Today at 05:08:34 AM »
My apologies for not getting it right.
The rough surface of the cast alloys on my LM2 make tyre fitting a real pig of a job, not helped by narrow and rigid (Sport Demon) tyres.

I do my own changes but had to take one to my local bike shop last year as I was at danger of serious breakage/injury, it stalled his motorised changer and needed 2 people to assist it.

I now get the tyre as warm as possible and use loads of tyre soap but it's still a major ball-ache, both the removing the old (probably easier to cut it off?) and fitting the new. Seating the beads is a royal PITA too, I needed 100psi+ to get one to seat correctly and even then it didn't pop into place, rather slowly eased in.

Contrast that with modern tyres; I've fitted a rear to my 916 using just cable ties and my hands, but everything is in my favour there with a smooth wheel and soft, flexible tyre which is wide enough to deform to get it onto the rim.
General Discussion / Re: Replacement Keys
« Last post by Paul Brooking on Today at 03:49:57 AM »
Thanks Pete
Ill take you up on that at a later date when the Michael issues have settled down
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Discussion / Re: REBUILT ECUs FOR GUZZIS
« Last post by beetle on Today at 01:02:24 AM »
That's me. Huffing & puffing on crutches. I'm too old for this. Crashing is a young bouncy person's game.

I hurt, by the way.  :laugh:

General Discussion / Re: NGC- Coming 10/1, "Flattracker for the Street"
« Last post by redhawk47 on September 18, 2018, 11:43:08 PM »
I'll take one, but with the 750 engine in street tune, and a four gallon tank.
General Discussion / Re: Retry..suspension upgrade?
« Last post by redhawk47 on September 18, 2018, 11:32:35 PM »
Wow! Amazing! Shifting a right side tank shifter with the left hand! Grider fork and hardtail!
Thanks for the link.
General Discussion / Re: Re-seating tire after tube change, how much pressure is OK?
« Last post by redhawk47 on September 18, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »
After the bead seats I let all of the air pressure out and then re-inflate the tire. My theory is that there are un-even stresses from the bead seating stretching and releasing the pressure lets them even out. Just my theory, don't know if it is true. But it makes me feel better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Please consider white-listing this site in your Ad Blocker settings. White-listing this site helps the forum financially and reduces the need for donations. This site is 100% donor based. I've taken great strides and effort to ensure there are minimal ads displaying so not to be too intrusive and to find a good balance. The ads are region specific and could actually benefit you as well. Thank you. Look to the very top right of your screen for the "X" to close this message.
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here