Author Topic: Not a Cafe Racer or a Brat Bike..........It's a FATRACKER! WOOO-----HOOO!!!  (Read 11445 times)

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
:1: Thanks for posting.  I enjoy the creativity that MG's inspire, regardless of the outcome. 

In the video, he states that he's been doing this professionally for 5 years.  Who knows how long he's been a garage putterer.  BTW, it's not my cup o' tea, but more power to him if he can make a living doing what he enjoys.  Wish we were all so lucky!

:1:
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

oldbike54

Actually this idea might work . Piaggio isn't aiming this at us old codgers , likely they don't care what we think . This is similar to what has been done by other companies , it is designed to fire young peoples imaginations . HD sold how many bikes because someone saw a chopper and wanted to imagine they could do something similar . Taste is such an arbitrary thing , many of us can't stand rap music , but it sells , me , I don't much care for most C&W , but it sure is popular .

Dusty

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
Five whole years? I've got underwear older than that. I wonder why they don't show him riding the bike? Does it run? I think he's one of the builders that Guzzi commissioned to customize the V9. My friend Craig Rodsmith did one, so did Revival Cycles and Moto Studio. There may be one more out there.

I got to ride this one.

this "builder" cannot even polish Craig's shoes..... just saying............. ...

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
and Guzzi thought enough of it to include it in it's Long Beach IMS presentation.
That's so all the others would look more attractive...

Wildguzzi.com

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
It's not just this builder,google Moto Guzzi Cafe.Every build pretty much looks the same,but with the lights hung in a different style.I would say it takes a fair amount of funding to change the basic look of the classic Guzzi.That's  why the Griso is a classic.Everything flows together,except for that Cindy Crawford moal of a seat.
And the mobile toaster on the right side and the poxy assymetric pipes and the Star Wars ugly original muffler and the thimble that sits between your knees thinly disguised as a " fuel tank".
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:46:56 PM by Huzo »

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
This link may have been shard before but, this is what Guzzi is up to...
http://www.motoguzzi.com/us_EN/news/moto-guzzi-launches-2017-v9-custom-builder-project/
Joe Walano

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
That's so all the others would look more attractive...
:1:  The proverbial sacrificial lamb. 
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
It does seem like some of these creations are not the RIGHT way to go, but they're the CHEAP way to go.

A good number of attendees at the Raleigh, NC EuroBike Day every April are the local young people, mostly penniless, who create minimalist bikes out of whatever they've got at hand.   They don't pretend to be creating artwork, just customized old bikes, anything from Honda Super 90s to Yamaha Secas, and they buzz all over the Triangle part of the state on them.  They seem to have a great time building, riding, and socializing with them.

This one caught my eye as having a few things in common with the OP bike under discussion.

If the dude running this has more than $900 in it I'll eat my summer gloves ....

Lannis
Hope the forks don't bottom out when he slams the front brake on !

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
:1: Thanks for posting.  I enjoy the creativity that MG's inspire, regardless of the outcome. 

In the video, he states that he's been doing this professionally for 5 years.  Who knows how long he's been a garage putterer.  BTW, it's not my cup o' tea, but more power to him if he can make a living doing what he enjoys.  Wish we were all so lucky!
I really enjoy your take on things GG and applaud your approach to enjoying Guzzi ownership, but this bloke sorta' promotes himself as a bit of a guru.
No ?

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Wait....put the V9 engine in a long body, propeller on the front, add some wings with a computer brain and let it fly...... uh, uh..  they already did that.  Never mind.  :grin: :grin: :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Moto

It's already been done.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
I really enjoy your take on things GG and applaud your approach to enjoying Guzzi ownership, but this bloke sorta' promotes himself as a bit of a guru.
No?

:bow: Back at ya, Huzo! 

Those that are willing to put their work/art/whathaveyou out for public consumption probably have a bit of an ego to begin with.  It's what they do with that ego after they gain recognition that matters.  Success is hard to attain, let alone sustain and if he's a know it all pain in the arse, he'll tank soon enough.  Especially if he can't keep up with or adapt to the demands of a notoriously fickle public. :thumb: 

It's already been done.

:1: GROM!  Uhhh...  I mean RUCKUS! :embarrassed:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:09:27 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Butcher shop. Sorry, first thing came to my mind. Second thing is, YOU STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY CALVIN!!!

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Looks more like a Rukus than a FT bike. Flat Track fail.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Mayakovski

• New Egg
Fugly.  Nuf said.
No matter where you go,
there you are.
B. Banzai

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Wait....put the V9 engine in a long body, propeller on the front, add some wings with a computer brain and let it fly...... uh, uh..  they already did that.  Never mind.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Did someone say Aero engine?
2017-08-18_04-08-49 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
It does seem like some of these creations are not the RIGHT way to go, but they're the CHEAP way to go.

A good number of attendees at the Raleigh, NC EuroBike Day every April are the local young people, mostly penniless, who create minimalist bikes out of whatever they've got at hand.   They don't pretend to be creating artwork, just customized old bikes, anything from Honda Super 90s to Yamaha Secas, and they buzz all over the Triangle part of the state on them.  They seem to have a great time building, riding, and socializing with them.

This one caught my eye as having a few things in common with the OP bike under discussion.

If the dude running this has more than $900 in it I'll eat my summer gloves ....

Lannis

Making something neat out of nothing is commendable. Hat's off to the owner of this Honda and anyone like him/her .

On the other hand, once you give yourself a title like " designer", "builder", "customizer", etc. you open yourself up to sever criticism, and rightly so.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Did someone say Aero engine?
2017-08-18_04-08-49 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

wow, that bike is awesome on so many levels
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
<thankya thankya>  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

twowings

Not only does it LOOK good, it SOUNDS as sweet as any bike I've ever heard...great memory from Cedar Vale hearing the mighty Aero Lario coming down the hill into Hewins Park... :bow:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Chuckie did a good job on the Lario.   :1: :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline gentlemanjim

• Gaggle Mentor
cool, but tis is my tracker Sorry its not a Guzzi, but its the best I could come up with.

Orange Guzzi

http://www.garagemotoguzzi.com/en/

http://www.moto-guzzi-onlineshop.de/

Anyone know if the  front fenders on the V9 or V7 will fit on a 1100 California fork brace?  Looks close.  Maybe change the fork brace and fender will match the 1100 California fork lugs?  I like the brushed aluminum fender and would like to put one on my Frankenguzzi. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:54:42 AM by Orange Guzzi »

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."

<thankya thankya>  :smiley:

WOW!! Is that yours Chuck?!? :shocked: :thumb: :bow:  Bring it to Lake Henshaw, CA next October!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:24:53 PM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
The "fatracker" ain't my thang, but you have to admire the workmanship. 
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Moto

The "fatracker" ain't my thang, but you have to admire the workmanship.

Why, exactly?

Offline Rusnak_322

• Gosling
Making something neat out of nothing is commendable. Hat's off to the owner of this Honda and anyone like him/her .

On the other hand, once you give yourself a title like " designer", "builder", "customizer", etc. you open yourself up to sever criticism, and rightly so.

+1

Here is the "fat tracker" that I built this past summer for my wife. I did everything myself in my attached garage, welding, painting, assembly. Started with a non-running POS that I got for $400 and have less then $2,400 into it (a big chunk of that was the paint supplies). Learned a lot building it too. My third full custom bike, but I am not using these bikes to promote a business selling $35 T-shirts.

1975 Moto Guzzi 850T - café racer in progress
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

Offline gentlemanjim

• Gaggle Mentor
Very nice more my style.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
I do like that Yamaha the way you did it.

I'd have to bring my own AirHawk though, were I to ride it ... !!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Rus,  is that an XS400?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here