Author Topic: Winter bug blues  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Winter bug blues
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »
   Well earlier this week I acquired some kind of winter bug. My VA nurse said go to the hospital and let them figure it out. I did and they Xrayed my chest and took a throat swab, then the nurse said the next one goes up your nose. I asked how far? She laughed and stuck a looong probe up my nose.
I think it was a brain swab. It hurt, a lot! Later the doc came in and told me there was no evidence of flue or strep and that it was a bacterial infection.
He gave me three prescripts to use and I was on my way. Filling the prescripts cost 103 dollars and change. With that kind of price they better work.
At least this morning I could breathe when I woke up. Of course I was going through record amounts of paper towels for snot and loogies. The scary part was every time I coughed, I farted. Then about noon I found out why. All the medicines have given me diarrhea. Oh yeah, the power poops.
So now I lay around breathing okay but enduring gut cramps and explosive poops. My bowels are trying to catch me unawares and make me blast my pants.
I hate winter!
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
Re: Winter bug blues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »
Start chugging probiotics to replenish what the meds are evacuating from your intestines!  Your gut is the heart of your immune system and it's designed to work with your native flora (bacteria) to keep you healthy. 

Feel better soon!!!
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »
My wife is still recovering from apparently the same thing. It is probably the flu; brain-swabs are not always reliable. If it is the flu, then it is viral, not bacterial, and antibiotics will not take care of it.

$10,000 or so in medical bills so far. The only things that seem to work are time and prayer. Once you have it, it is too late for Tamiflu...
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »
If you are going to live in the midwest, you better toughen the f up.  :evil:
 :smiley:
The healthiest people in the US live in the midwest. The rest have already died.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »
If you are going to live in the midwest, you better toughen the f up.  :evil:
 :smiley:
The healthiest people in the US live in the midwest. The rest have already died.

No, those out on the CA coast already live in heaven. :thumb:

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
   Well earlier this week I acquired some kind of winter bug. My VA nurse said go to the hospital and let them figure it out. I did and they Xrayed my chest and took a throat swab, then the nurse said the next one goes up your nose. I asked how far? She laughed and stuck a looong probe up my nose.
I think it was a brain swab. It hurt, a lot! Later the doc came in and told me there was no evidence of flue or strep and that it was a bacterial infection.
He gave me three prescripts to use and I was on my way. Filling the prescripts cost 103 dollars and change. With that kind of price they better work.
At least this morning I could breathe when I woke up. Of course I was going through record amounts of paper towels for snot and loogies. The scary part was every time I coughed, I farted. Then about noon I found out why. All the medicines have given me diarrhea. Oh yeah, the power poops.
So now I lay around breathing okay but enduring gut cramps and explosive poops. My bowels are trying to catch me unawares and make me blast my pants.
I hate winter!

Rest up and get well.  This year's flu sounds like a bitch.

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »
  The doc said tests show that it ain't viral and ain't flu.  It's a bacterial bug.
 S'not any fun.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 03:48:28 PM »
I got the flu shot a couple of years back.  A friend drove me to the clinic on account of some other tests I had going on.  We had lunch at his house afterward, and three days later I was well enough to be moved home, lying flat in the back of my sister's car.  Aside from giardia, it's the sickest I've ever been where I didn't die.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here