Author Topic: NGC Ducati HyperStrada questions  (Read 915 times)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
NGC Ducati HyperStrada questions
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
to those in the know, what are the cons of this motorcycle? I see a lot of pros, ABS #1 of them.. valves check 18,000 miles.. has bags, 2 windshields only 6k miles..

Dang, it will probably sell before I can get there..

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/mcy/d/2013-ducati-hyperstrada/6570495601.html

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
Re: NGC Ducati HyperStrada questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 12:43:23 AM »
Not sure what it is now but tiny fuel tank and its the water cooled version so the valve adjustments will be pricey and bugger all wind protection. It will go like stink and you'll be able to minimise front tyre wear relatively easily.

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 05:04:26 AM »
vehicle impoundment
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline rss29

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »
I own one and I love it. Best bike I have ever owned. They’re not for everybody though- upright seating position and polarizing looks. The throttle and clutch take a lot of getting used to as they’re pretty snatchy. I still stall mine occasionally. Dirt bike ergos, so if you grew up riding motocross like me it feels very natural. I find that seating position to be cross country comfortable, but it is compact. If you’re a bigger guy you will probably disagree.

It’s a 400 pound bike with 110 hp so it’s a blast. Geared for low end, it tops out at about 125. Gets there pretty quickly though.

Desmo service is due at 18k, and that is the pricey one. Figure $1,200 or so if you get it done at a dealer. Bags and windscreens take minutes to change out depending on the day’s destination. Gets better mileage than my V7 but the tank is small. Sub 150 mile range.

There are two campaigns that should have been completed on the 2013- a throttle control replacement and an electrical filter to keep voltage spikes from frying the dash.

That’s a great price. I suspect its too good to be true.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:48:11 AM by rss29 »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »

Offline NHMike

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:46:20 AM »
I too bought a 2013 Hyperstrda . Traded my 2011 monster 796 for it. Things I liked. Power, a lot more than monster 796, it handled much better as well. Comfort was good too. It does sit very tall though, I'm 5' 9", so I was tippy toe at stops. I didn't use 3 diff riding modes, pretty much always in sport mode. Wind blast kind of sucked at highway speeds, I felt like a sail over 85mph. Definitely check for throttle position sensor replacement . Mine was in and out of shop 2-3 times because bike would go into limp mode, very frustrating ! Also check for stearing bearing gasget replacement , also a recall item. Overall a decent bike, but I decided to sell mine and go back to a 2014 Monster 796. $6k is a great price if all checks out.
2012 V7 classic (sold)
2014 Monster796
2013 V7 stone

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
Shucks! missed that deal.. first guy to see it brought it home..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here