Author Topic: Another Handbuilt Show Thread  (Read 904 times)

Offline Bullitbob

• New Egg
Another Handbuilt Show Thread
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:21:54 PM »
So a year ago a buddy of mine called me up and wanted to know if I would be interested in riding from Ark City, Ks to Austin TX to attend the MotoGP races and the Handbuilt Show. I had been to the show a few years ago and thought that would just be dandy. We both invited a couple of our buddies and the plan was hatched. A total of four days were set aside, the 1973 Honda Cb750 was given the once over and away we went!

Six of us set out on this adventure, me on my trusty Honda, my two buddies on a 78 Yama TT500 and 77 Goldwing, and three other late model bikes: a husky tr650, Honda Shadow, and some sort of chromed out sofa/home entertainment system on wheels. We kind of rolled back and forth down two lanes all across Oklahoma and Texas and stopped frequently for gas stops (the TT only has a 100 mile range give or take 9 miles). Just over 1400 miles round trip for the 40+ years old Jap bikes...the other three rented a u-haul and went home on Saturday because they had to be back Sunday and feared the rain!

I didn't take a ton of pictures but here is what I have:

how to delete your account

Home, safe and sound.

1965 Honda Dream 150
1973 Honda CB450
1973 Honda CB750

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Another Handbuilt Show Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
So, those 3 didn't even stay for the race?  didn't miss much, yawn..

good story BulletBob!
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Bullitbob

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »
So, those 3 didn't even stay for the race?  didn't miss much, yawn..

They did not. I only watched qualify and the one race on Saturday. It was okay. I've never really followed MotoGP before but it was a kool experience getting to see the facilities and all the vendors and such. Not everyday you walk around and hear Italian, French, Spanish, or any number of other languages spoken at a motorcycle race...at least not in central KS. lol
1965 Honda Dream 150
1973 Honda CB450
1973 Honda CB750

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »
They did not. I only watched qualify and the one race on Saturday. It was okay. I've never really followed MotoGP before but it was a kool experience getting to see the facilities and all the vendors and such. Not everyday you walk around and hear Italian, French, Spanish, or any number of other languages spoken at a motorcycle race...at least not in central KS. lol

Well , we will have at least one guy at Cedar Vale who can speak all of those languages , one guy who can speak a smattering of Turkish , and a couple of guys who speak Okie  :shocked:

Glad you had fun Bob , see you in a few days  :thumb:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here