Author Topic: SP fairing lowers on CL  (Read 1702 times)

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
SP fairing lowers on CL
« on: February 21, 2018, 10:13:58 AM »
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mpo/d/moto-guzzi-fairings/6503365768.html

I had a brief fantasy of buying these for my fantasy project of building a SP Vert like that other guy (sorry! can't remember your name!), but I shook myself back into reality when I saw where he was located, may as well be on the moon.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: SP fairing lowers on CL
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »
this one? I didn't use the lowers.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:44:26 PM »
The lowers will not fit floorboard models.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
Brider, where do you live? 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
Brider, where do you live?

Near New Haven, kinda close to Chuck Peterson.

THAT'S the SPVert I remember! I just love the colors. I never really paid attention to the SP-series of Tontis, until I saw Fotoguzzi's. Now that combo is my hands-down fav of all the Tontis, can't understand why it wasn't more widely used.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
I have the lowers on my 2 CX100's and SP1000NT.  They work well in the rain.  I bought some extra lowers for my LeMans III but haven't installed them.  Shipping shouldn't be that bad as I had the lowers mailed to me from 3000 miles away.   
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »
I took my CX lowers off.   Yes, they are nice when its' raining, but otherwise I found them as a hindrance.  Firstly when it's cold you get no heat off your jugs because the lowers deflect it around your legs.  Whereas w/no lowers you can enjoy the heat when it's cold on your legs or just spread your legs out a little bit and the summer heat off the jugs goes between your seat, legs and you don't even feel it.  Least that's how it works on my 30" legs.  :thumb:  Also found my CX would go into a weave motion on a straight @ 100+ mph w/lowers on vs. no weave w/o lowers.

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 05:56:45 PM »
There is also a White and Red  version of the SP NT . Asides from the odd one I saw back in the 80's mine is the only one  at least around here

Any others on this forum ?
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »
I've only seen white & red in pix.  Lower numbers made. 

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »
Yeah, the white and red are pretty rare. All the SPs are kool, though..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:32:53 PM »
There are 2 different versions of the red/white SP paint jobs.  I've seen them both at rallies.  Lovelady has 1 of them in Tacoma, Wa.?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:35:52 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »
FWIW and because I suppose it might be useful to somebody. there are also two versions of the SP/LM II/CX 100 lowers, and two versions of the lower bell housing brackets to match.  The later pressed glass lowers (I think that's what they are) need a slightly different bracket than the early chopper gun lowers.  I think the switch was in about 1980.

I took the lowers off my CX100, that bike was better for me without them, but ran them on my red/white SP.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 11:39:39 PM »
FWIW and because I suppose it might be useful to somebody. there are also two versions of the SP/LM II/CX 100 lowers, and two versions of the lower bell housing brackets to match.  The later pressed glass lowers (I think that's what they are) need a slightly different bracket than the early chopper gun lowers.  I think the switch was in about 1980.

I took the lowers off my CX100, that bike was better for me without them, but ran them on my red/white SP.

Yeah, not only  do you need the lowers you need the brackets to mount them.  You also need the longer oil dipstick to go with them unless you already have it.  No dipstick it's harder to get to w/o taking off the left lower.  :evil:  The series 1 Norges had this issue.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:48:08 PM by Arizona Wayne »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here