Zard for Griso. Need chiropracter.

(1/3) > >>

jlburgess:
I just put a new Zard pipe on the 8V.  Sound is good but huge weight savings!  I think the stock mini-me pipe must be 30-35 pounds and the ship weight of the Zard was 8.  I know where to get them in US now for $600 but having trouble posting photo's on blackberry.  Will email on request jbeaglepoint@yahoo.com

dwpeek:
I am considering ordering the Zard for my Griso 8V as well, and had a few questions for you, since you've got one. Any info you can provide would be sincerely appreciated.

- Is it easy to install for the unskilled?
- Any fuel remapping required?
- Is the dB killer easy to remove and put back in?
- Does black paint stay on and stay good looking over time, assuming you got the painted version?
- Any interference with passenger pegs?
- What is the best place to order from (I found it at www.euromotoaz.com)?

Thanks a bunch.

Dennis

pete roper:
What did you have on before Jon? Yours had *Something* else on at the rally in Oregon didn't it?

I'll be interested to hear how it runs with the dB killer in and out as well? Had a customer in with a CF Mistral hi-pipe similar to the stainless one I had on the Griso Pinko. After I stuck the #68 map in that it was possible to run it with the dB killer out, prior to that it was in his words, "Pretty terrible" in the midrange. The Pinko may, or may not, have a catalyser in it. It too runs pretty well with the #68 map in, it doesn't have a dB killer. The Griso Verde runs the Termi, with cat and dB killer and is running very nicely at the moment. I haven't taken the dB killer out recently, I might do that today just to remind myself how it runs without it!

Pete

charlie b:
Is the Pinko still alive?

tjfdesmo:
Quote from: dwpeek on September 19, 2010, 03:17:30 PM

I am considering ordering the Zard for my Griso 8V as well, and had a few questions for you, since you've got one. Any info you can provide would be sincerely appreciated.

1- Is it easy to install for the unskilled?
2- Any fuel remapping required?
3- Is the dB killer easy to remove and put back in?
4- Does black paint stay on and stay good looking over time, assuming you got the painted version?
5- Any interference with passenger pegs?
6- What is the best place to order from (I found it at www.euromotoaz.com)?

Thanks a bunch.

Dennis

1-Pretty easy install. Generally no instructions in box, though.
2-Usually not, especially if you don't fiddle with the airbox. This can vary from bike to bike, to some degree.
3-Ideally, yes with just snap ring removal. We have had a few where the DB killer was tack welded, and required a bit of careful grinding.
4-There were some issues with the black finish in the past, but Zard has apparently implemented an improved process.
5-No
6-Shameless plug(www.euromotoaz.com), but I am prejudice ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page