Please login or register to get all features
Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
July 25, 2014, 09:39:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Free Classifieds, Auctions and Wanteds available now. Click HERE

Home   Help Advertise Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when a large dog attacks you on your bike.  (Read 3585 times)
agmon1000
Trade Count: (0)
Sunday Rider

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Many years back a German shepherd knock me down when he came out on nowhere while I was riding on my Suzuki DR 650 RS.
The only good thing that came out of this, was the dog got a pain full hit while me and the motorcycle tumble on top of him and every time we spotted each other he will run away.
The dog did cost me new faring and paint job...
Bottom line the owner of the dog should be responsible for his dog the same as I am responsible for my dog.
roofus
Guzzi Hero

"I must remember to cancel my turn signal!"

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Ha Ha . . .

Just after reading this post I went out for a ride. I was passing a farm slowly on a dirt road and a rottweiler came charging at me. I was thinking great: no bear spray, no vinegar water pistol, no howitzer! I was on pea gravel, so no speedy getaway . . . so I just stopped and stared it down . . . turns out she was really friendly!  Grin

I have a new friend!

2007 California Vintage, 2010 V7 Cafe, 2012 Norge, 2014 Norton Commando 961
Testarossa
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 06:23:29 PM »
ReplyReply

I have a new friend!

I think I can read doggy body language pretty well, but a lot of folks can't. About 20 years ago I had a great big playful oaf of a dog, half malemute and half lab, and he loved to run with me when I rode my mountain bike around the neighborhood. The problem is that he then began to think "Bicyclist! We're going for a run!", and barked his head off whenever a cyclist went by. Didn't matter that he was wagging his tail off behind a high, strong fence, a lot of cyclists were intimidated.

1974 850T
1970 Triumph TR6R
1991 Suzuki VX800
1974 Yamaha TA125
Gone:
1959 Piper Comanche 250
1974 Laverda 750 SF2
1969 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS
1971 Honda CB500/4 pre-K
Offcamber1
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 06:48:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Penderic,

Chris and I always carry a large can of pepper spray when we walk our dog.  Our little red doxie (RIP Dieter) was fearless and would try and chase off a german shepherd.  Our Shiite-Zoo is the worlds biggest coward, so he has the opposite problem.

We have a stray dog issue in our town of 200, and it is 20 miles away from the county seat, where the incredibly lazy dog catcher spends all of his time.  The problem gets worse each year.  The funny thing is that after getting nailed once or twice the dogs will run up to within about 15 feet of you and then stop dead in their tracks.  Chris had a gang of 5 dogs come running after her and Dieter the Fearless, and she had forgotten the spray.  She just raised her hand up like she had the cannister with her and the dogs stopped just out of range.  She then yelled and them to go home and they turned around and walked back home looking over their shoulder.  The whole time this is going on Dieter the Fearless is barking his head off and when the gang of dogs is well back on their way home he turns around and looks at Chris like, "There, I scared them off for you.  It's ok now."

Anyway, the point is that you only have to use it a few times on a Dog before they get the idea.  If this happens to be an incredibly stupid animal then you might have to use the spray once or twice on the owner to resolve the issue completely.

Kip

Its a fair cop, but society is to blame.
JohninVT`
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Two years ago I was riding my Yamaha TW200 around on old logging trails in Putney, VT.  Unknown to me, a guy growing dope had two Rottweiler's prowling his crop.  One chased me down a muddy trail while the other one hit me from the side and took me off the bike.  Thank God I had all my gear on because I needed it chasing them off.  

I went back the next day with my CZ97 loaded with HydraShoks and two gallons of roundup.  Two dead rotties and 50 dead plants later, I felt a little better about the whole thing.  

Do not dick around with pepper spray and squirt guns.  Tell the owner you feel threatened by the dog and that it represents real physical danger to you on the bike.  File a report with your local animal control officer/cop/constable and make sure that it is placed on file.  If it continues, kill the dog.            

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."
-Nietzsche
David Lee
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2011, 07:01:26 PM »
ReplyReply

I felt a little better about the whole thing.           

John,
I looked up "naive" and "oversharing" in the dictionary. Your photo was next to each of them.
rossw
Guzzi Mentor

My wife let me have a motorbike again.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
ReplyReply

the poor dog is only acting on instinct I bet if you stop he won't attack you, the game will just be over..

I have actually had bored sheepdogs (should never be bought as housepets, but people do) attempt to round me up. They get in front before I move off, and won't let me past them.

It's not so much attacking, as herding with them.

Other types of dogs, the chase instinct is what you are up against. If you aren't something to chase, the fun is over. My usual method is to slow right down and then open the throttle when they get close. By then, you've been forgotten.

If that's not possible, I have tried the water pistol filled with water laced with chilli, aftershave and and black pepper as well. Just need one that is easily deployed in a hurry and doesn't leak.

2003 Moto Guzzi V750ie Breva. It may not be fast, but it's mine!
Previously: 1976 Honda CB200
                       1980 Suzuki GS450S
                       1985 Kawasaki GPz900R
                       1980 Honda CB250RS
Goose
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Talk to a lawer about how to serve the owner with legal notice about his dogs actions. Advising hime of his liabilities may awaken him if th LEOs are powerless as usual before something happens. LEOs powers are really limited to intimidation tactics and are useless for prevention.

Sworn to fun...loyal to none.
Offcamber1
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Two years ago I was riding my Yamaha TW200 around on old logging trails in Putney, VT.  Unknown to me, a guy growing dope had two Rottweiler's prowling his crop.  One chased me down a muddy trail while the other one hit me from the side and took me off the bike.  Thank God I had all my gear on because I needed it chasing them off.  

I went back the next day with my CZ97 loaded with HydraShoks and two gallons of roundup.  Two dead rotties and 50 dead plants later, I felt a little better about the whole thing.  

Do not dick around with pepper spray and squirt guns.  Tell the owner you feel threatened by the dog and that it represents real physical danger to you on the bike.  File a report with your local animal control officer/cop/constable and make sure that it is placed on file.  If it continues, kill the dog.            

The meth cookers/dealers here in town are nutorious for having several large, mean attack dogs.  Gives them some time when the law arrives (which is rarely.)

I don't advocate killing the animals (see my posts about using chemicals on stupid owners) but what John ran across was a serious affair.  I would perhaps suggest that the law would be better equipped to handle it, but my guess is the results would have been the same: 2 dead dogs, and 50 barren plants.

Its a fair cop, but society is to blame.
fotoguzzi
Guzzi Hero

vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 08:41:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Dogs are just like people in one way, they are all individuals.. their individual DNA is what makes them tick.. some of them have strong chase instinct and anything moving triggers the chase..you stop, they stop..
in the case where you meet everyday can I suggest making friends not enemy's (with the dog that is) if you STOP and the dog stops, give him a treat.. after a couple days like that he will be waiting for you, seated and you can toss a treat as you ride by..pretty soon you won't need treats, he"ll be glad to just see you ride by..
these are dogs! you people advocating guns are out of your minds.
I hope you have dial up!

2009 Buel xb12XT Ulysses

tw0 72 Honda Trail 90's
 MINNEAPOLIS, MN
YugoSlo
Sunday Rider

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:24 AM »
ReplyReply

Bacon. The maple kind.
hogdogs
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
ReplyReply

I had a nice glove box on my HD FLT on the fairing... Held a full size hi cap 9mm nicely... It was odd getting used to left hand use even though I am left handed...
On other bikes I wore a cross draw shoulder rig.

In short order, I was proficient enough to get the bike chaser on the first or second shot...

Brent
nilknarf

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 01:49:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Had a dog once that got his collar looped around my foot peg while chasing me. Every time I'd try to reach down and free him he would try to bite me. Finally after about a block of low speed draggin his collar broke and he got loose. He never chased me after that. Maybe you should carry a lasso instead of a gun. Also had a friend who carried a bullwhip on his horse for when unfriendly doggies would come out scare the horses.

Dave 
Aaron D.
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Interesting contrasts of opinion, so I'll add mine.

I like dogs, and seldom have any trouble. Usually, while biking, I outrun them. I haven't had an incident with a dog while on a motorcycle in 30 years.

But a dog that is attacking, or even one that may cause you to crash, is a bullet from a gun that has already been fired. It may not be the dog's fault, but YOU are going to take the consequences. And a dog that does attack a person, unprovoked, has violated the compact between dogs and humans.

I'm with John.
fotoguzzi
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
ReplyReply

well make sure you don't unload on the dog or you won't be able to defend against the dog owner who might have a bigger gun than you..

2009 Buel xb12XT Ulysses

tw0 72 Honda Trail 90's
 MINNEAPOLIS, MN
JohninVT`
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
ReplyReply

well make sure you don't unload on the dog or you won't be able to defend against the dog owner who might have a bigger gun than you..

I love dogs.  My retarded pitbull Daisy is keeping my feet warm as I type this.  She sleeps in bed with us every night and is spoiled rotten.  However, if she ever attacked someone, I would shoot her in the head.  I would not say it was someone else's fault.  It would be my fault that she bit someone.  I would not whine and fight in court to keep the dog alive.  I'd shoot her and then try to figure out how I could keep it from ever happening again.  If that meant never having another dog, so be it.

Disney-fying animals is criminal.  Animals aren't people.  They aren't as important as people.  I don't love Daisy as much as I love my daughter and I think anyone who does love an animal as much as a human being should have their head examined.  If that makes me a bad person in anyone's eyes....I can live with it.      
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:58:05 PM by JohninVT` » Logged

-Nietzsche
toddhaven
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
ReplyReply

I love dogs.  My retarded pitbull Daisy is keeping my feet warm as I type this.  She sleeps in bed with us every night and is spoiled rotten.  However, if she ever attacked someone, I would shoot her in the head.  I would not say it was someone else's fault.  It would be my fault that she bit someone.  I would not whine and fight in court to keep the dog alive.  I'd shoot her and then try to figure out how I could keep it from ever happening again.  If that meant never having another dog, so be it.

Disney-fying animals is criminal.  Animals aren't people.  They aren't as important as people.  I don't love Daisy as much as I love my daughter and I think anyone who does love an animal as much as a human being is an idiot.  If that makes me a bad person in anyone's eyes....I can live with it.     

Nero the Muley Lab is also at my feet.
I too would put him down if he attacked someone, after I recovered from my heart attack at such an event occurring. Customers bring 2 and 3 year olds to see him. 1 kid remarked that that the only good part of Mommys' car breaking is that he gets to see Nero.  70 year old ladies play fetch with him in the front office.
Spoiled rotten?  Yep.
Best dog ever? Yep.

Todd Haven
Wherever I go, I will always have one foot in Texas.
www.mphcycles.com
“The things that make me different are the things that make me.” -- Winnie T. Pooh
JohninVT`
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Her official name is Daisy Wonderdog.  At first it was just Daisy but we added Wonderdog when she sprang onto the kitchen counter without even crouching and wolfed down an entire stick of butter before any of us could stop her.    

-Nietzsche
Sasquatch Jim
Guzzi Hero

Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Even the playful friendly dog can kill you by knocking you off the bike. 

Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.
Kent in Tehachapi
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 10:32:22 PM »
ReplyReply

I'd be more impressed if you shot the guy who grew the dope. All you did was kill two dogs for doing something for which they had been trained. Now the guy who grows the dope will rely on cables stretched neck high across the trails.

Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.
Kent in Tehachapi
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Then you had to go and kill the plants. Geez, dude, you, whether you like it or not, live in Vermont. You could have sold the stash to all the local Phish phanatics.

Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.
Tom
Guzzi Hero

Location: Back in the middle of the Pacific with a big middle finger up to LaJolla Tom.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 03:48:51 AM »
ReplyReply

I aim for the dog if they're in front and try to hit them.  If I miss then I try to kick them in the face.  Works.  I sent one dog rolling after scoring a hit.  He never chased me again after that incident.

There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.
NoVector
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Pepper or bear spray.  The rest is cruel and is making the dog suffer because the OWNER is a moron and doesn't know how to control their animal.  And to the poster suggesting that the dog "needs to be put down"....   Angry   Roll Eyes   

-NV
bill_powell
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Yep.

Mine are spoiled couch potatoes.

And while my property is well fenced, who's to say an accidental escape can never happen?

Luckily, I keep things well supervised. And if the need should arise, we're all accustomed to gunfire around here.

Wink

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse"
JohninVT`
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Looks like an Imbel type III receiver with a 21" barrel without the bipod cut and Penguin furniture....did you build that FAL?

-Nietzsche
bill_powell
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
ReplyReply

John, she's DSA built. (DSA upper, all else is IMBEL)

Shoots pretty good, too.  

EDIT:  Here's a link:

http://www.dsarms.com/Imbel-FAL-Standard-Rifle-308-Cal-21-Original-Imbel-Barrel---IMBEL58/productinfo/IMBEL58/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:24:34 PM by bill_powell » Logged

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse"
EvBill
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »
ReplyReply

My Neighbor has a 120 lbs German Shepard. He is a motorcycle/car chaser.
Typically when he comes at me I do the same as I do with most dogs I encounter on the road. (that is if i see them coming) and ( most dogs hear you before they see you and will run towards you)
Stop, stare and yell.
They will do the same. Works every time. Most are just playing a game (not attacking). They can not comprehend the consequences of injuring themself or whomever they are chasing.

Typically it is the irresponsible owners of the animal or the Jerk that dumps a domesticated animal on the road to fend for themselves. Death is not the option for the unfortunate animal, now for the idiot that will not contain the dog?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?.

Just a foot note: Trained attack dogs do not chase cars/motorcycles unless commanded.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:53:09 PM by EvBill » Logged

MGNOC#20994
"BBB" 1998 V11Ev
YaYa Guzzi 2004 Breva,,,Maintenance Only
Tom
Guzzi Hero

Location: Back in the middle of the Pacific with a big middle finger up to LaJolla Tom.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 01:37:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Ouch!  Grin

There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.
rodekyll
Guzzi Hero

REAL MOTORCYCLES ARE NOT PLASTIC

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14:15 AM »
ReplyReply

The notion that dogs are people too is quite frankly insulting to both people and dogs.  Up here dogs running loose are shot on sight.  Doesn't matter who's dog, why it's loose, or what it's doing.  It's the rules.  We don't need the grief -- You control your animal or we do.  simple, direct, effective.  Occasionally some Disneyfied outsider thinks they're going to learn us some civilization about it, but that's the way it is. 

bill_powell
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »
ReplyReply

At the end of the day, everyone has to make their own decisions...hopefully with deliberation and reliance on good advice.

Can't help with the former, but as for the latter: If I observe shots fired on MY dogs, I would strongly advise the shooter to perform immediate, and very earnest, move under direct fire procedures.

kirb
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 08:57:42 AM »
ReplyReply

(A mounted machine paint-ball gun image again forms in my mind   ) )

Reminds me of my motion sensing painball gun I made....it didn't work. Raccoons are too stupid to be scared off my constant peltings with green paintballs. I went through 150 rounds before I gave up.
youcanrunnaked
2012 Board Donor
Guzzi Hero

'03 California EV; Suzuki SV650; Suzuki DR650

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
ReplyReply

I cam across this today:

http://store.kimberamerica.com/Products/tabid/67/CategoryID/22/ProductID/1084/Default.aspx

Seems like it would be more accurate and effective than the pepper spray that most people carry.

"The transverse vibration is a great sensation -- hey, I think I just wrote a song!"
-- Billy Joel, Motorcyclist, 02/2012

"If Moto Guzzi were any more of a cult, you'd need a chicken."
--- Dan Neil, The Wall Street Journal, 04/19/2013
hogdogs
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
ReplyReply

Hornet/wasp spray in a can.  Sprays far and burns.  Cheap and legal.
Actually it is not legal to spray a dog with it...

Some where on the label will be a warning worded sorta like this... "It is in violation of federal law to use this product in a manner it was not intended for..."

Brent
fotoguzzi
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
ReplyReply

'Halt' that is issued to the US Postal Carriers. 4 buck a can ...cheap if it works.

M .  the dog would run and slam into the front window and claw at the glass and wood trying to get at the guy. 
Our Mailman carries treats not spray.. dogs love him!

2009 Buel xb12XT Ulysses

tw0 72 Honda Trail 90's
 MINNEAPOLIS, MN
hogdogs
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
ReplyReply

As "the bugman", I bought the friendship of many a pooch with the treats I had in my truck... I always had 4 or 5 in my shirt pocket...

But I learned about "narcolepsy" when I gave one to a dog and he tipped over... I thought I just killed these folks' dog... a little explaning from the owner lady and I not only left guilt free but learned somethin' new...

Brent
bill_powell
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »
ReplyReply

As "the bugman", I bought the friendship of many a pooch with the treats I had in my truck... I always had 4 or 5 in my shirt pocket...

I talked to our mail carrier today specifically because of this thread. She showed me that she carried a small belt pouch with treats, and another with HALT spray. Her routine is to pull a treat and the spray, offering the treat first. She said she's not yet ever had to actually use the spray.

I think she's got a good strategy going on.

In our own business (a small hotel) we make it known that we're pet friendly. The vast majority of pet mutts are no issue, but there's always the occasional exception. And then there's the hunting dogs, which are, well, a different breed altogether.

I have always kept FOX pepper spray as a just in case measure. (Against both wayward dogs OR wayward humans) Happily, never yet had to use the spray. We also keep dog treats, and hand them out to both the mutts and the working dogs, with their masters' permission. (We don't keep treats for humans, however. But we do hand out extra towels sometimes...)

When out riding, I do carry a can of FOX, as I have had the occasional, well rare would be more accurate, encounter with a loose dog. (We're in a small, country town, and there are too many unrestrained dogs here, truth be told) However, again, I've not had the need to use it. For me, slowing down and talking my way through has been successful. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, IMO the greatest problem has not been with the dogs: it's with the irresponsible owners, and the dog dumpers.

When I'm out in the woods, which is often, I have the FOX, but I do also add a handgun (takes .45 Colts or .410 shotshells; I keep it loaded with shot). Over the years, the primary 'threat' has been encounters with poisonous snakes, and so far I've only had to shoot one of those.

In the woods I did once stumble across a rather large, aggressive German Shepard. I admit I was concerned, so I halted and started talking while I pulled both the spray and the revolver. I backed off, and the event was over. I remain glad of that. But I'll tell you all: I would have used the spray IF it had become necessary, and the revolver ONLY if my life had been in danger. But it wasn't, so I didn't.

So what's my point?

We're not talking about bears here. Or elephants. Or cape buffaloes. Or (well, you get my point). We're talking about dogs.

Personally, I have no use for those who would resort to deadly force as a first measure; it's a sign of a lack of confidence, discipline and training. Just stop. Think. Evaluate the threat. I suspect you'll find you can stick with treats and spray, and go about your business. Trust your own self. IF the situation is worse than that, you'll know it.

We're people. They're dogs. We're supposed to be smarter. So let's act like it.

Guzzi, and dog, content:

NOTE: BTW, I should add that I rescue dogs, so I admit that I might be a little biased in my attitude towards their treatment.

Gnigma
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Get a can of wasp/hornet spray. Apply to face (the dog's) as necessary.  Has much better range than pepper spray.

Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a moonless night, and the anger of a gentle man." Patrick Rothfuss

'03 California EV 1100
'82 Kawasaki KZ750M1 CSR (twin)
'81 Kaw 440B
EvBill
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2011, 02:33:37 AM »
ReplyReply

My parents got a dog, a big collie-sheppard mix that was the nicest dog 99% of the time.  But like many pets, it didnt know its own size and would knock people over by trying to lick their faces (another bad habit) scared so many people, not many returned! The dog went beserk every time the mailman walked by...  the dog would run and slam into the front window and claw at the glass and wood trying to get at the guy. 

The window glass was deeply scuffed (is that frosted?) and the wood window sills inside were 50% clawed away.

[/quote]
Your parents need The Dog Whisperer

MGNOC#20994
"BBB" 1998 V11Ev
YaYa Guzzi 2004 Breva,,,Maintenance Only
Sasquatch Jim
Guzzi Hero

Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2011, 04:56:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Let him whisper to a dead dog.  I'm not giving the dog a free bite before making a defensive move.
 I have been bitten without provocation in the past, that was enough for me.  I have held my cocked .45 auto 6 inches from a snarling dogs face until he backed off. Had he made contact I would have begun shooting and not stopped until the threat was no longer.  The dog was either lucky and ceased aggression or sensed that he was about to die.

Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.
Goose
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 07:23:56 AM »
ReplyReply

I like how many people want to adjust their riding and routine because someone else is being irresponsible. People seem to want to avoid confrontation at any cost. Well, you can only run so far. Eventually you will have to confront the situation. How would you feel if the situation you avoided by being nice to the a dog harmed someone else?

Go ahead...put off resolving the situation onto someone else. Avoid confrontation at all costs. Even moving to get out of situations.

Sworn to fun...loyal to none.

Gutsibits - The Moto Guzzi Spares Service
New, Used and Recon Spares & Accessories | Secure online ordering and rapid delivery worldwide
www.gutsibits.co.uk
Advertise Here
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Guzzipower.com: Moto Guzzi Performance by Ed Milich
Wrenching. Writing. Riding. Racing.
http://www.guzzipower.com
Advertise Here