Please login or register to get all features
Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
October 21, 2014, 05:32:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Free Classifieds, Auctions and Wanteds available now. Click HERE

Home   Help Advertise Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guzzidiag questions?  (Read 505 times)
Waltr
Trade Count: (0)
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
ReplyReply

I downloaded Guzzidiag and stored on desktop for quick access.   I plugged in the cables I bought.  Walked out to garage with my laptop and connected the  cable to the laptop.  I clicked on Guzzidiag and indicated english and selected Norge 1200 GTL for my 2012 Norge.  When prompt said Ignition on I turned on the key and waited a few seconds and then a prompt said ignition off and I turned off the key.
  If I hit connect again it goes through the same sequence.    WHAT am I doing wrong?  When it says ignition on do I need to start the bike and not just turn on the switch?  I have not started bike because I hate to run a bike without riding it, just trying to determine if I have what I need.
Walt

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2012 Norge
Unkept
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:24:06 PM »
ReplyReply

I downloaded Guzzidiag and stored on desktop for quick access.   I plugged in the cables I bought.  Walked out to garage with my laptop and connected the  cable to the laptop.  I clicked on Guzzidiag and indicated english and selected Norge 1200 GTL for my 2012 Norge.  When prompt said Ignition on I turned on the key and waited a few seconds and then a prompt said ignition off and I turned off the key.
  If I hit connect again it goes through the same sequence.    WHAT am I doing wrong?  When it says ignition on do I need to start the bike and not just turn on the switch?  I have not started bike because I hate to run a bike without riding it, just trying to determine if I have what I need.
Walt

Is your kill switch on? It needs to be in "ready to start" push the starter button and GO mode.

Otherwise, check your COM port, change that to see if it helps.

-Joe

2002 V11 LeMans (mine)
2004 Breva 750 (my wife's)

Old bike:
72' CB450 (brother has it)

Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
http://tinyurl.com/lh5zbus
Unkept's V11 LeMans Restoration Thread
http://tinyurl.com/md7tmdo
pauldaytona
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
ReplyReply

well you did not tell if you have the driver for the cable loaded.
This one:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_WHQL_Certified.zip

Windows version?

Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/
Waltr
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Ignition switch is on, the only port that shows up in preferences is com port 4.  I am connected to the connector that is near the fuse box that has two wires going to it.  The red LED illuminates when the ignition is turned on.  The cables are 16 pin if that means anything.  I ordered off the same Amazon ad the someone else used and said they worked for him.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2012 Norge
Waltr
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »
ReplyReply

When I hooked up the cable it went through the install driver sequence.  I was not able to download the zip file instead went on the website and downloaded the 32 and 64 bit drivers for windows 7.  I guess I could take the cable apart to find out what chip is in there.   I am way above my element with this stuff but I read everything I can.

2012 Norge
Wayne Orwig
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »
ReplyReply

I am connected to the connector that is near the fuse box that has two wires going to it.  The red LED illuminates when the ignition is turned on.  

Red LED? Inside the OBDII cable?
It should light when you connect the cable to the battery. All of the ones I have seen were blue, not that it matters.
Two wire connector. Can that be the ABS connector?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop any time I want.
Waltr
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
ReplyReply

There is a white connector with three wires but no way are the connectors compatible. How many connectors under the hood?

2012 Norge
Waltr
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
ReplyReply

even though the connector read KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 it does not have the correct chip. The chip inside says CH340T.  I did a search on a Diagnosis Kit on this site and found another link for what seems to be the correct cable with the needed chip for sale on EBAY.  Ordering that one. Will have to wait for it to arrive from China.

2012 Norge
JayDee24ca
Weekend Warrior

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:08 AM »
ReplyReply

Same routine I went through two months ago with the cables I bought. I feel your pain.  Sad
JD

even though the connector read KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 it does not have the correct chip. The chip inside says CH340T.  I did a search on a Diagnosis Kit on this site and found another link for what seems to be the correct cable with the needed chip for sale on EBAY.  Ordering that one. Will have to wait for it to arrive from China.
leafman60
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 07:32:33 AM »
ReplyReply

I wish someone could get this sorted-out.  I'd like to go to Guzzidiag but there seems to be great problems obtaining the correct cables that function properly.
kirb
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
ReplyReply

I wish someone could get this sorted-out.  I'd like to go to Guzzidiag but there seems to be great problems obtaining the correct cables that function properly.

I would love to pre-package working cables that are ready to go, but now you have a middle man. I have already been on the wrong end of 'how dare you cover your expenses and waste a bunch of your time' when it came to sending NTX fuse holders to Germany because they could do it themselves for $5 cheaper.

Confirms the rule of never turning a hobby into a job. Once sorted, the software is awesome. It's worth a little effort to get there.

Waltr
Guzzi Mentor

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
ReplyReply

This is the cable I have on order          http://www.ebay.ca/itm/200872645185?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hope this works and will fit the 16 pin cable I have to mate with it already.

2012 Norge
Mayor_of_BBQ
Twitter: @Mayor_of_BBQ
Guzzi Hero

'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 10:16:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you also need a driver for the cable for the Mac OS? Or only on windows?

1976 Robin
1984 V65
2007 Breva 1100
pauldaytona
Guzzi Hero

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you also need a driver for the cable for the Mac OS? Or only on windows?

well there is a ftdi driver for mac too. If you don't see a com port, you have no working driver:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/
Scrambler Cycle - Parts & Service
Parts for many Guzzi models and Loopframe Alternator Conversion Kits
www.scramblercycle.com
Advertise Here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi has your spring service kits ready to go. I know it's cold but don't wait to have your bike ready for next year. http://www.harpermoto.com/main-data-base/spring-service-kits.html
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here