Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1054164 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1500 on: December 06, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
Hello.
I am fifty years old, and I live in Corsican in France with my family.
I drive with red Stelvio and and this motorcycle m' brings a lot of pleasure.

I practise the hike(ride), the photo, the ski
I hope I can exchange a lot of idea here with the other bikers.

I do not speak correctly English , sorry  :-\

I quickly take off thrown(launched) my subject first on compatibility ecu ducati IAW5AM for ecu Guzzi 5AM

Your English is fine and very understandable.

Sometimes "non-correct" English will express your thoughts better, and make it clearer to native English-speakers than "correct" English will!   ;-T

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #1501 on: December 06, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Your English is fine and very understandable.

Lannis

Oh ! good it's ok,  I am going to be able to communicate with everybody.
Super chouette !

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1502 on: December 06, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
Oh ! good it's ok,  I am going to be able to communicate with everybody.
Super chouette !

Well, I'm glad I learned a new word to use with my French colleagues at work .... "C'est chouette!"

Although "une chouette" is normally THIS guy?

Cordialment,

Lannis

Mark33563

« Reply #1503 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
Not my first post but it should have been.  Particulars:  46, been ridding street bikes since '97 (rode dirt bikes in previous years).  Civil/Structural Engineer.  Live near Tampa, FL but make frequent trips to north Georgia and North Carolina

I obtained a black 2009 Stelvio a few years ago.  It is great running the logging and jeep trails in western NC.  It even handles great on-road.  I really need to get some better off-road tires for it.  It is that rear tire that is so damn wide which limits the options...

Yesterday I bought a white 2012 Norge.  Looking forward to running it up and down the mountains in the future.  No, I did not trade in the Stelvio because my wife made the mistake of telling me that I did not have to.  :)  Love her for that.

I have always liked the way a Moto Guzzi looked, mainly because they got the engine orientation right.  Test drove one in 1997 and loved how it handled but did not buy it because it felt too small.  The dealer at the time did not have but one model (sorry, don't remember which one but I recall it looking something like the current V7).  That was my mistake, in my opinion.  I should have researched the brand a little more at that time.

Anyway, love my bikes.  Plus, my two kids like to ride along.

--Mark R.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1503 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »

Offline jbntx

• New Egg
« Reply #1504 on: December 06, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
Hi, my name is Jerry Brown (no relation to the current governor of California). I live in McKinney, Texas, with my wife, 3 dogs, 6 chickens, and about half a million bees (I'm a hobby/sideliner beekeeper). Oh, and a 2000 V11 Sport, a 1993 BMW K75, and a 1994 BMW K75S. I purchased the Guzzi this summer after falling in love with it at first sight. I am  currently going through it, updating rubber bits, wires, filters, adding Roper slop plate, etc. I've also owned a BMW K1200LT and a Ural.

Sounds like there are a few North Texas group members, looking forward to meeting some of you in person.

jb
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
1994 BMW K75S
1993 BMW K75

jphpaterson

« Reply #1505 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:57 AM »
Jim Paterson, Argyll, Scotland. 70 mile daily commute on my 2000 Jackal through some of the most beautiful countryside. Been riding bikes since 1979 (52 now) and ride in all weather. Me and Mrs P rode to Italy last year. 2015 it's going to be Croatia. This is my first Guzzi and I love the fact that everything is relatively easy to get to.. Not forgetting the noise  ;)

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1506 on: December 07, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
Me and Mrs P rode to Italy last year. 2015 it's going to be Croatia.

Hi Jim.  I don't know if you'll have the time, but if you haven't been to that area before, try to get down to Dubrovnik, preferably riding along the coast.  If you can get into Bosnia, going thru Mostar up to Sarajevo before turning NE to get back home would be a great way to go home.  Fifteen years ago I spent seven months in those areas, driving an old car, & it drove me crazy not to have a motorcycle.  A lot of people speak English, and if you speak some German, too, you should have an easy time communicating almost anywhere in Bosnia.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

mhirst121

« Reply #1507 on: December 07, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
Hello all, Martin Hirst here. I am new to the group. I have recently sold my V50 and bought a Breva750. I hope I can contribute a little and help others where possible.
Cheers,
MartinH

Mandeloman

« Reply #1508 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
Hello Mandeloman here, call me Ash if you please

I'm from Melbourne Australia, 56 yo.
I work at Sika Aust. As an underground technical consultant
I own a '08 1200 sport and a '12 Bellagio - love em both
Motorcycles are definitely my thing much to my wife's dismay.
Look forward to getting the most out of this forum

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #1509 on: December 08, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
Hi, my name is Jerry Brown (no relation to the current governor of California). I live in McKinney, Texas, with my wife, 3 dogs, 6 chickens, and about half a million bees (I'm a hobby/sideliner beekeeper). Oh, and a 2000 V11 Sport, a 1993 BMW K75, and a 1994 BMW K75S. I purchased the Guzzi this summer after falling in love with it at first sight. I am  currently going through it, updating rubber bits, wires, filters, adding Roper slop plate, etc. I've also owned a BMW K1200LT and a Ural.

Sounds like there are a few North Texas group members, looking forward to meeting some of you in person.

jb

JB, howdy from another JB just down IH35 a bit in Georgetown.  Welcome to the forum.  This is a great resource for redoing your V11 and populated by a dang nice bunch of folks.  I don't get up to North Texas very often, but when I do, it's on a K75RT..........Jack .
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Scoops

« Reply #1510 on: December 11, 2014, 02:38:12 AM »
Tony Walters
Relationship Manager, Financial Services
Braintree, Essex, UK

2013 V7 Stone
1963 VW Karmann Ghia

Canyon Carver

« Reply #1511 on: December 11, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »
Hi all, New to Guzzi with a used '12 Griso Tenni se.
I'm a long time rider of any brand. Have owned most since graduated High School in 1968.
Guzzi was the bucket list brand for me!

Retired photographer, event promotor

still ride 3-4 days a week.

own a HD 1993, FXLR and alternate with the Griso.

looking forward to more adventures! ;-T

Offline jbntx

• New Egg
« Reply #1512 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:06 PM »
JB, howdy from another JB just down IH35 a bit in Georgetown.  Welcome to the forum.  This is a great resource for redoing your V11 and populated by a dang nice bunch of folks.  I don't get up to North Texas very often, but when I do, it's on a K75RT..........Jack .
Sounds like we have just about the same fleets in our garages, Jack.

JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
1994 BMW K75S
1993 BMW K75

Offline paulbr

• New Egg
« Reply #1513 on: December 12, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
Hi all. Paul here from Albury, Australia. I've just bought a V7 Stone after 20 years off motorised bikes.

Just hit 1000km, enjoying everything except the shocks.

Schnabeltier

« Reply #1514 on: December 13, 2014, 11:35:55 AM »
Hey. I'm new to Guzzis and to the board. Just coming up to speed on these very interesting machines. I've been restoring bikes -- mostly Brits -- for decades. Other than that, I'm currently living in Minnesota, I'm older than dirt, I'm a refugee from corporate America, and I really should know better, but I don't.

S.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #1515 on: December 13, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »
Hello all, Martin Hirst here. I am new to the group. I have recently sold my V50 and bought a Breva750. I hope I can contribute a little and help others where possible.
Cheers,
MartinH

Welcome Martin. I have a 2003 Breva in the fast red colour. Puts a grin on my face every time I get on. ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1516 on: December 13, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
Hey. I'm new to Guzzis and to the board. Just coming up to speed on these very interesting machines. I've been restoring bikes -- mostly Brits -- for decades. Other than that, I'm currently living in Minnesota, I'm older than dirt, I'm a refugee from corporate America, and I really should know better, but I don't.

S.

Well, then, it seems you fit the profile.   ;D

Best,

Bill

Schnabeltier

« Reply #1517 on: December 13, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Well, then, it seems you fit the profile.   ;D

Best,

Bill

Thanks for that. Seems I've found a home.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1518 on: December 13, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

S.

Same for me.  Guzzis are a natural follow-on to Britbikes, not sure why ....

And you'd have to be pretty old to be older than SOME of our members   !!

Offline bobinok

• New Egg
« Reply #1519 on: December 13, 2014, 11:26:14 PM »
Hello-- I'm Robert from Oklahoma. Back in April I bought a used Suzuki TU250 for a short daily commute. I quickly developed a serious case of bike/wander lust. Much as I love the TU, I've been looking for another light weight standard that has a bit more power so as to be capable of longer trips. Cue the Moto Guzzi V7. I want to obtain one as soon as I pay off the TU, though now I find myself waiting even longer for the V7II or maybe even the Ducati Scrambler.

I joined this forum not only to find technical information about the V7, but also because I've found the TU250 people over at their forum very congenial, and an important part of owning that bike. I notice the Guzzi fans seem to be similarly welcoming and helpful.

I'm 45, married w/whipper snappers. I teach writing at the local college.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1520 on: December 15, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
Hello-- I'm Robert from Oklahoma. Back in April I bought a used Suzuki TU250 for a short daily commute. I quickly developed a serious case of bike/wander lust. Much as I love the TU, I've been looking for another light weight standard that has a bit more power so as to be capable of longer trips. Cue the Moto Guzzi V7. I want to obtain one as soon as I pay off the TU, though now I find myself waiting even longer for the V7II or maybe even the Ducati Scrambler.

I joined this forum not only to find technical information about the V7, but also because I've found the TU250 people over at their forum very congenial, and an important part of owning that bike. I notice the Guzzi fans seem to be similarly welcoming and helpful.

Shouldn't "whipper-snappers" be hyphenated?   

Sorry, now that we know what you do, we'll be grading your posts.   ;) :D

Lots of TU-250 fans here as you'll see if you search around a bit.  More and more people are ignoring the marketing hype for huge or powerful bikes, and recognizing the advantages of lighter motorcycles ....

Lannis

Schnabeltier

« Reply #1521 on: December 15, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
Yeah, and wanderlust and lightweight are both one word in this context.  ;D

Sorry, Robert, I couldn't resist (been earning my bread as a writer for 35 years).

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1522 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »

Shouldn't "whipper-snappers" be hyphenated?   

Sorry, now that we know what you do, we'll be grading your posts.   ;) :D

Lannis

No hyphen, you whippersnapper; it is one word, not two.  See, e.g., http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whippersnapper   ;D

Yeah, and wanderlust and lightweight are both one word in this context.  ;D

Sorry, Robert, I couldn't resist (been earning my bread as a writer for 35 years).

Concur re "lightweight," but less sure about "wanderlust," at least as the OP used it.

While, of course, "wanderlust" is one word, to break it as the OP did makes some sense given his use in conjunction with "bike."  "Besides we know the key here is -- as in so many other aspects of Guzzidom -- "lust."  ;)

Wonder if Robert thinks he may have been mistaken about Guzzisti here being "welcoming and helpful."   :D

Bill

Offline bobinok

• New Egg
« Reply #1523 on: December 15, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »
No sweat! All in good fun, I'm sure.

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1524 on: December 15, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
No sweat! All in good fun, I'm sure.

At least until somebody loses an eye.....
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline earemike

• Lurker
  • Gosling
    • A place for me to park on the web
« Reply #1525 on: December 17, 2014, 12:53:15 AM »
Hi all,

as a long time lurker (seems safer to keep one's head down) I thought I'd say hi before posting some questions about my V7 Sport (be gentle, I just don't want to to any more damage than I have to).

I've had different V11's over the last decade and my current favourite is the Scura. That's for sale though to fund a possible lemans acquisition, of course I regret passing on  one that wasn't quite right for me as in retrospect I was being very picky, was in generally excellent condition.

Otherwise there's a special Daytona Racing (#1) that I take for the occasional run but every time I ride it I wonder if it shouldn't be in a museum.

Apart from riding my life is pretty simple!
850 T3
850 LeMans killer goose or somesutch I’m told
850 LeMans
850 LeMans II (I've butchered it by fitting a round headlight & removing the front faring.)
SP1000 Stucchi
V11 Ballabio
V7 Sport (needs a little work)

Feliz

« Reply #1526 on: December 17, 2014, 05:39:59 PM »
HI! Long time lurker, former 95 Breva owner, looking to pickup a V7, will probably wait for the 2015s whenever they arrive.
Retired, 74 years old, reside in Vancouver Canada.

Have a few bikes including:
1966 BSA 650 Lightning
2012 Royal Enfield
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Yamaha XT259

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1527 on: December 23, 2014, 08:23:46 AM »
HI! Long time lurker, former 95 Breva owner, looking to pickup a V7, will probably wait for the 2015s whenever they arrive.

1966 BSA 650 Lightning
2012 Royal Enfield
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Yamaha XT259

Welcome.  Nice stable.

I am biding my time for a V7, too. 

What is a "'95 Breva?"  ???

Bill

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #1528 on: December 24, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »
Welcome.  Nice stable.

Bill

I would say a 750 Breva, Bill.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1529 on: December 24, 2014, 11:14:19 AM »

1966 BSA 650 Lightning
2012 Royal Enfield
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Yamaha XT259

Welcome.  Nice stable.

Bill

I would say a 750 Breva, Bill.

Dean

Of course!  D'oh.  Grazie, Dean.

Bill

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here