Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1062049 times)

Dan S.

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1470 on: November 09, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »
Hello,

My name is Daniel. 

I've been from Nova Scotia, CA, to Wyoming, USA on my 2008 Kawasaki ER6F. 

I am very interested in replacing my motorcycle with a Moto Guzzi, and wish to expand my knowledge from experienced Guzzi riders, before purchasing one myself.

Thanks in advance for answering my ignorant questions!

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1471 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi Scuba - I'm sure you will get lots of tips & suggestions from people on this forum, but let me be one of the first.  We need to know what time of year you're thinking about, as well as how long you will have in the US for your ride.  If you're coming in May or June, you might want to rethink your plan & start in Florida & finish in the northern part of New England.  Florida can be less than pleasant in the middle of the summer, & New England can be chilly even as late as June.  Your plan is very doable, but reversing the direction might simplify your clothing needs a bit.  If you're planning on a Fall trip, of course the best direction would be north to south.

There are lots of interesting roads & places in almost every state in the eastern US, so I don't envy your task in planning.  If you have the time, I'd suggest trying to avoid the interstates (roads with "I-xx" as the number designation) as much as practical and instead take "US-xx" designated routes and more local roads - except maybe when passing close to major cities.  In researching, a very informative web site is "tripadvisor.com", which compiles reviews of both attractions and places to stay submitted by regular people rather than travel professionals.  Another interesting source of ideas is "tourofhonor.com," which is a site that lists war memorials/monuments and similar sites in nearly every state in the US, and which changes every year (new ones issued on April 1).  You may not be too interested in the monuments themselves, but they quite often are located in small towns requiring getting off the main highways, giving you the opportunity to see more of the US than sticking to the main highways would.  I'd suggest planning a general route, then checking this site to see if there are any listed monuments fairly close to your route.  My wife & I did that last month on a long trip to Birmingham, AL from Washington, DC, & we visited 5 sites in places we'd normally never have gone, & it only added a few hours total to our trip.

Ask this forum again once you have your plans more developed, & I'm sure you'll get more information than you can possibly use.   

JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #1472 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Bobby. After a rather lengthy hiatus from motorcycling I started riding again back in 2011. I returned on a metric bike to re wet my feet and rediscovered the joy and relaxation of motorcycling. In 2012... I purchased a lifetime want, a new Harley and have very much enjoyed that experience. I really do like my Wide Glide and enjoy it immensely. Mostly I ride alone. I work the early morning shift (3rd) which works well for me... I enjoy riding mid mornings through mid afternoons just tooling along mostly secondary roads riding somewhere for a bite to eat once or twice a week. I along with many friends from work get together and go riding in the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia several times a year. One of those friends rides a Moto Guzzi Stelvio. I remember being thoroughly impressed with his bike. Well time passed and one day while surfing the web I thought I would take some time and research Moto Guzzi. Wow an impressive history to say the least. But then I saw it... and was totally smitten :) a Griso, so much so I drove two hundred miles round trip to Charlotte NC to see one, GULP... I am now suffering from MAS (motorcycle acquisition syndrome). Unfortunately no Griso to test ride but did ride a Norge and I liked it. Needless to say I am a patient man and have plans to acquire a Griso in the spring. I am looking forward to dropping by here to learn even more about the Moto Guzzi experience and perhaps make some new friends along the way. Thanks and good day, BK

Now the requested info:

Bobby Kiger

55 years of age

Quality Technician @ Eurofins / Lancaster Labs

Forsyth County, North Carolina, USA
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:19:21 AM by bobbyfromnc »

colm321

« Reply #1473 on: November 12, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Hi, I am  Colm Mc Cann 54 and I am a craftsman living and working in Ireland and a big Moto guzzi fan !

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1473 on: November 12, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »

Offline wikaby

• New Egg
« Reply #1474 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »
Hello  Dieter Lowry from the Eastern Townships of Quebec. Age 57. I'm a new Guzzi rider ... V7 special.  Still a dairy and pig farmer.
Yamaha TW
14V7 special

PIFOUGUZZI

« Reply #1475 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:29 AM »
Hello from France,

I'm PIFOUGUZZI, I'm 40 and I bought my moto guzzi V7 SPECIAL black/orange 2014 in september and I'm just sad that the ABS version only comes in 2015 with traction control included because I wanted it.

But I'm happy to have my V7, I installed original guzzi rear pack mount and soon a HB side mount, I installed a TPMS too because I had a flat tire some week ago and I only noticed it only when I was almost loosing control from the rear wheel, I installed a tank cover black/orange as the original paint of my bike and an alarm because I want to keep it a long time ^^

Because no ABS I will install TCB-II system http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/technical-tcb.html , and banjo bolt is M10x1.00 (and not M10x1.25 as read on some wrong documentation).

Joaozz

« Reply #1476 on: November 20, 2014, 03:35:03 AM »
Hello all !
My name is Samuel,  57, born in Argentina  living in Israel – Member of the Israel Moto Guzzi Fellowship.
I am the proud owner of 1985 G5, a 1987 Lario assembled with the first V7 Hunter prototype engine,  and a 1954 65cc Guzzino.
Please visit my restoration pages :
www.targa750.blogsp ot.com
http://guzzino.galeon.com/

Thanks

laecp123

« Reply #1477 on: November 21, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
Hi, my name is Paul Sacramone.  I am from Orange, CT (near New Haven).  I am a manager at a Landscape Company.  I am 53 years old.  I am looking to purchase an Eldorado or Ambassador and came across this board.  It is a treasure of information and quite entertaining.  I currently ride a 2005 Bonneville T100 with some minor mods. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and have been looking for a Guzzi for a while now.  I once road a LeMans (I believe) back in the late 70's or early 80's and it was a thrill.  Thanks again to all the posters who I have been learning from for the past two weeks.

Offline kenvil1

• Gosling
« Reply #1478 on: November 22, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
Hi, my name is Mitchell. I am 51 years old, and I am an electric motor technician in Eastern Ontario, Canada.

After learning to ride on a 1971 Honda SL175 at age 13, I bought a 1968 Triumph at age 19, and a 1985 BMW K100RT at age 29. After an absence of about ten years, I returned to motorcycling with a 1989 Honda Transalp which I currently ride.

The older I get, the more I can appreciate the simple things in life, so the V7 is certainly a motorcycle that appeals to me. I think it's nice that we can still buy an authentic steel-framed motorcycle with an air-cooled, two valve, pushrod engine at this date, and I hope that MG will continue to retain this basic format (Heron head and Cardan shaft, included) even as other historic motorcycle manufacturers abandon their own examples in favour of the displacement wars.

I am mostly unfamiliar with the Moto Guzzi marque, but I have been studying its history, and I will be following with interest the ongoing refinements made to the brand's motorcycles as the company nears its century mark and as the V7 nears its 50th anniversary.

Gfischer

« Reply #1479 on: November 22, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
Greg Fischer
Anchorage, Alaska
Mostly retired but flying fuel to the bush for a cargo outfit in Alaska part time
Have 2 Le Mans I's ('76 & '77), one of which has been in the family since new
also have 3 BMWs and a Triumph

56Pan

« Reply #1480 on: November 22, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »
Garrett Fulton
Retired airline avionics tech.
Two sons grown and on their own finally, thank you JESUS. 
Hobbies, disassembled 56 HD FL and the Norge I'm preparing to buy.
45 miles NE of Charlotte, NC.

Biker Simon

« Reply #1481 on: November 22, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
Hi. I'm Simon. I'm 50 and I sell cars. From Sheffield, UK. Riding a California Custom.

Migs

« Reply #1482 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »
Miguel Balaguero
I take care of a piece of property in NW CT, USA.
Fire Fighter
EMT
69 Ambassador
84 SPNT
A few Bultacos
Ninja 250

BELISA8@BIGPOND.COM

« Reply #1483 on: November 24, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
Hi All,
It's Bill here from Perth, down-under.
Mechanical Engineer
Had a BSA, Bonnie and Guzzi 750S in the 70s.... sort of got more kids and less bikes over the years.

These days I have 6 kids and three Guzzi V7 Sports:
# 1972 V7 Sport - Stock standard original Plum coloured survivor with original tank and toolboxes and a second fresh painted set. Good weekly ride.
# 1973 V7 Sport - Work in progress - a spiced up ride; big bore, cam, lightened flywheel, different drive ratios, bigger carbs, flowed heads.
# 1974 V7 Sport - Barn find restored after 27 years in a shed.  Rebuilt with lightened flywheel. Just completed runs like new and ready for registering. Have restored it like the green stripe 1974 model I had 40 years back, but have V7 tank and tool boxes to switch back if I wish.

Other interests; WW1 aircraft; rocking horses;

Migs

« Reply #1484 on: November 24, 2014, 09:50:10 PM »
Howdy Bill from down under.
I'm envious of the 3 V7 sports.  Had a chance to buy a '73 here in the states but someone had replaced the front forks with a asian bike (honda, kawi, yama, suzuki) and the price was a little steep....plus the guy didn't want me to look at the bike up close so had to say no thanks.

keep the shiny side up down there.
Migs

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1485 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »
What an interesting bunch of intros ... tho two Bills from "down under" on the same day are a bit suspicious.   ;D

I need to take some time and reread back over the past several months.

Welcome to all.

Bill ... up yonder  ;)

Doppelgaenger

« Reply #1486 on: November 25, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
Hi everyone. Demian here from Tacoma, WA. Previously from California and originally from Chile, I've been in the states going on 11 years now. 36 years old for a few more months.

I just bought a red Breva 1100 after a little more than 2 years without a bike (previous bike was an SV650). I decided I wanted one about a year ago and I wanted one even more after test riding one up at M.I. I scoured craigslist for a long time before the time and price were right. Not that seattle at the beginning of december is the right time to start riding again...

Man these engine sounds glorious when you open them up wide...

But anyway, the legendary friendliness of the Guzzi community was one of the big reasons I decided to go with a Guzzi. Just like the sight of complete strangers waving at eachother when they passed was one of the reasons I got interested in bikes in the first place. It's good to up the ante again.

My other interests include Rock climbing, Cars, Camping (and now moto camping), Airplanes of all kinds and pretty much anything with an engine. Love exploring wines and beers.

Hope to meet many of you out there on the road!

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1487 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »
Hi everyone. Demian here from Tacoma, WA. Previously from California and originally from Chile, I've been in the states going on 11 years now. 36 years old for a few more months.

I just bought a red Breva 1100 after a little more than 2 years without a bike (previous bike was an SV650). I decided I wanted one about a year ago and I wanted one even more after test riding one up at M.I. I scoured craigslist for a long time before the time and price were right. Not that seattle at the beginning of december is the right time to start riding again...

Man these engine sounds glorious when you open them up wide...

But anyway, the legendary friendliness of the Guzzi community was one of the big reasons I decided to go with a Guzzi. Just like the sight of complete strangers waving at eachother when they passed was one of the reasons I got interested in bikes in the first place. It's good to up the ante again.

My other interests include Rock climbing, Cars, Camping (and now moto camping), Airplanes of all kinds and pretty much anything with an engine. Love exploring wines and beers.

Hope to meet many of you out there on the road!

I swear I met a guy JUST like you the other day ....
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1488 on: November 26, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
Hi, my name is Paul Sacramone.  I am from Orange, CT (near New Haven).  I am a manager at a Landscape Company.  I am 53 years old.  I am looking to purchase an Eldorado or Ambassador and came across this board.  It is a treasure of information and quite entertaining.  I currently ride a 2005 Bonneville T100 with some minor mods. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and have been looking for a Guzzi for a while now.  I once road a LeMans (I believe) back in the late 70's or early 80's and it was a thrill.  Thanks again to all the posters who I have been learning from for the past two weeks.
Hey Paul,
welcome aboard.
Here are a couple of yahoo groups that may also be useful to you:

The loop frame group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Loopframe_Guzzi/conversations/messages

and the New England yahoo group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NEMotoGuzzi/conversations/messages

Enjoy!

sgtstinky

« Reply #1489 on: November 30, 2014, 02:27:37 PM »
Hi, new 1999 Bassa owners in Georgia. Military and sports broadcasting, we like to ride south of the metro, destinations include nowhere and southern BBQ.

Offline mach1mustang351

• Hatchling
« Reply #1490 on: November 30, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
Sam

Management

Anchorage, AK

I have been riding since I was a kid.  My bike for the last 8 Years has been a 650 V Strom.  While it has been a good touring bike and a good companion over the years, on a ride last summer I decided that I need something that is more fun.  I was looking at options and got bit with the Guzzi bug.  I looked around and eventually came across a 1979 1000SP.  I am working on it and hopefully it will be ready to go come spring time.  

swenner

« Reply #1491 on: November 30, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »
Robert "Scooter" Wenner
55, Pastor
Beaumont, TX
Hobbies/interests: golf, scuba, traveling, grandkids

No motorbike, at the moment......
Looking for a used Norge

expat42451

« Reply #1492 on: November 30, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
Expat 42451

Carr McCormack III
currently in Huanchaco Peru, Alabama native, been traveling in South America backpacking for the last 2 1/2 years- still surf and climb a bit
Occasional contract IT work (networks mainly)
63 years old
Returning rider after having sold the last bike in 1994 and--

want a Guzzi for the next one

Cheers and great to be here.

Offline JProdun

• Hatchling
« Reply #1493 on: November 30, 2014, 10:49:47 PM »
Hi all,

Name is Joe

Living in New York, but originally from Ukraine.

Had first riding lesson when i was 10 or 11, back in Ukraine. My uncle used to own, you could say, something similar to the Urals known in US. Had a rig too and was called IZH.

Had my motorcycle license for the past 8 years, but haven't been riding until recently. Bought a bike about two years ago and sold it today.

Looking for my next machine and out of everything i'm considering - V7 always comes out on top of my list. The only things that are holding me back right now are: 1) if there's a warranty problem with the bike, based on some comments i've read (a lot), it could take a while for it to be solved if at all: 2)the upgraded V7 II should be coming (anybody knows when?!) and it may not be a good idea buying the '15 at full price now.

Other than these - i would get the bike tomorrow, but these two are bothering me too much.

Unfortunately for me the bike will be a recreational vehicle as I cannot commute (medical technician with own equipment) on it for work related reasons, but one of the reasons i'm really interested in the V7 (omitting many many others at this point) is because I want a bike that is a do-it-all type and something i won't want to chop up and sell in a year or two.

Will create e separate thread to discuss my concerns (yes, i've read through many threads by now and a lot of questions have been answered) as it is a great community with a lot of knowledge put out on these pages.

Great to be a part of the community!

mnrenfro

« Reply #1494 on: December 01, 2014, 10:28:41 AM »
Hello,

My name is Marshall Renfro.  My dad was given two Guzzis, one of which he gave to me.  We started fixing them up and have started riding them.  His is a 76 850 T3 and mine is a 1970 Ambassador.  He is kinda old school and doesn't really mess around on computers much so I am representing the both of us out here on this forum.

He lives in Dallas, TX and I am a couple hours south in Belton. TX.

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #1495 on: December 02, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »
Welcome Marshall to you and your father.  I'm just down the road apiece from you in Georgetown.  I'm currently working on a '78 G5.  Maybe we can meet up someday at Bill's (I think that's the name) BBQ and Steakhouse in Salado just west of IH35.  I used to own a '70 Ambassador, way back in '70......Jack.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline OlderSlower

• Hatchling
« Reply #1496 on: December 03, 2014, 10:04:41 PM »
Hi all -
Bob here (aka Olderslower)' 63 and been riding a long time and as my name implies I am not as fast as I used to be but...  Anyway, I just bought a 2009 Norge and am in the process of modifying it to fit me.  I also have a 2008 Triumph Bonneville that now fits me like a glove and is a great do everything bike.  I bought the Norge for touring (and more horsepower) and I have always loved Guzzi's, but this is my first one.  Love twins, torque and light weight.  I'm looking forward to modifying the Norge to handle better and be more comfortable for me.  This forum has already been a great resource.  And of course being an older rider I have plenty of opinions about bikes and most other things.  Looking forward to the forum.
2009 Norge, Staintune, Helibars, lower pegs, Russell seat, Matris fork kit and shock, more to come...
2008 Triumph Bonneville

junior

« Reply #1497 on: December 05, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
Hi!  My Name is Dave Anderson, and I'm a Guzzi salesman at Blackfoot Motosports in Calgary, Canada.  I am currently riding an '08 Guzzi Norge (not mine, it belongs to the shop), but I've spent time with many others ('09 V7 Classic, '03 California EV, '04 Le Mans, '13 Griso, etc).  I started a little Calgary meetup group on Facebook last summer, and we did a couple of rides this season.  I'm hoping to do quite a lot more with the Calgary Guzzi owners next year, so I've gotta leave a plug for my group, if any of you are in Southern Alberta.  https://www.facebook.com/calgaryguzzisti?fref=ts

I'll be on the forum, especially during the off season, and I'm looking forward to participating!

Dave

sunwise

« Reply #1498 on: December 06, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
Hi All: Kerry here, been riding since 1981 when I was in the Navy.  Engineer living in Humboldt (northern California way up there in the redwoods!) the past 7 years and I've been mapping out the ultimate California road trip ever since - The Sunwise Turn.  Just purchased the 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio and after riding back two days from Sacramento in the rain already in love - well balance and brings back a true sense and feel of motorcycling.

Current:
2014 Motto Guzzi Stelvio
2011 Honda CB1000R

Previous:
2004 Honda VTX1300C
1981 Honda CB750C

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #1499 on: December 06, 2014, 01:45:01 PM »
Hello.
I am fifty years old, and I live in Corsican in France with my family.
I drive with red Stelvio and and this motorcycle m' brings a lot of pleasure.

I practise the hike(ride), the photo, the ski
I hope I can exchange a lot of idea here with the other bikers.

I do not speak correctly English , sorry  :-\

I quickly take off thrown(launched) my subject first on compatibility ecu ducati IAW5AM for ecu Guzzi 5AM

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here