Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1046323 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1560 on: January 25, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
HI I'm Tom.  I live in Carthage. MO.  I run equipment for the local county road system.  I've been a lifelong dirtbiker but the knees are now pretty much shot.  .I'm 53 years old and have never owned a Guzzi but I have always wanted one.  So I am here to gain some info before I take the plunge.  Current bikes are a 71 Honda CL 350, a 71 Maico 400, an 82 Yamaha IT250, and my sons DR125.

And I'll bet you earned the honorific "papa" in front of your name courtesy of a grandchild?   (That's how ALL us old dudes get them .... !) 

Welcome!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1561 on: January 25, 2015, 02:59:36 PM »
Welcome papatom!

I'm in KC and "might" have a 750 Breva coming up for sale. :~)

I know, shameless right?

inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

w123driver

« Reply #1562 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:52 PM »
Good Evening and God Bless Everybody!

I am Zaza, I am a guy, I am in South Jersey, near Atlantic City and I am 48 years old. (although every time I don my Dainese jacket and fire up my motorcycle I feel 20 years younger ;D).
I am happy owner of BMW R1200RT which I use for my daily commute and ride to various jobs sites. There are few things I enjoy more than riding along ocean cost at sunset in summer. For this I wanted naked roadster. I never ridden Guzzi, but looks and sound of these bikes are intoxicating to me.

I just pulled a trigger on 2007 Breva 1100 from insurance auction for peanuts. All I know at the moment that the bike has 1200 miles on a clock, the instrument cluster turns on with ignition on and the engine starts but dies. I am hoping to make the bike fully operational. I never worked on bikes but have some mechanical skills (replaced clutches and did some serious work on suspension when I had Jeep). So I am hoping for some advice and help from you guys!

cricket1

« Reply #1563 on: January 26, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Hello!

I'm Brian Norris, 45 yrs old and live in Sylvania, OH.

I've been riding about 15 years, and currently have an '03 Triumph Sprint ST.  Been considering getting a new bike this Spring, and thought a Gootsie might be worth considering.  ;D

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1563 on: January 26, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1564 on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:01 PM »
Hello!

I'm Brian Norris, 45 yrs old and live in Sylvania, OH.

I've been riding about 15 years, and currently have an '03 Triumph Sprint ST.  Been considering getting a new bike this Spring, and thought a Gootsie might be worth considering.  ;D

If you like the Triumph Sprint, you might very well like a Guzzi.   Seems to be lots of crossover between the two.   If I didn't own Guzzis, I'd have a Triumph triple .....

Lannis

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1565 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
Good Evening and God Bless Everybody!

I am Zaza, I am a guy, I am in South Jersey, near Atlantic City and I am 48 years old. (although every time I don my Dainese jacket and fire up my motorcycle I feel 20 years younger ;D).
I am happy owner of BMW R1200RT which I use for my daily commute and ride to various jobs sites. There are few things I enjoy more than riding along ocean cost at sunset in summer. For this I wanted naked roadster. I never ridden Guzzi, but looks and sound of these bikes are intoxicating to me.

I just pulled a trigger on 2007 Breva 1100 from insurance auction for peanuts. All I know at the moment that the bike has 1200 miles on a clock, the instrument cluster turns on with ignition on and the engine starts but dies. I am hoping to make the bike fully operational. I never worked on bikes but have some mechanical skills (replaced clutches and did some serious work on suspension when I had Jeep). So I am hoping for some advice and help from you guys!

Welcome.

As for your Breva, congratulations.  You may find it useful to post your question, above, in a new, separate post in the general discussion section, i.e., not this intro where far fewer folks may see it.

The Breva 110 is a great Guzzi with few known issues.  Perhaps the most expensive involves problematic electronic in the dashes, tho what you describe about the engine dying may have nothing to do with that.

Best wishes,

Bill

Jacks the lad

« Reply #1566 on: January 28, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »
Hi,
Greeting from the UK, I have a pair of Guzzi machines, a Nuovo Falcone and a Ex police V50. The V50 is giving me all sorts of grief just now, but hopefully this is the place to get advises

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:25:09 PM by Jacks the lad »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1567 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
That's a couple of nice machines, and the V50 is REALLY purty in that paint job and the small panniers!

Lannis

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1568 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:38 PM »
Hi,
Greeting from the UK, I have a pair of Guzzi machines, a Nuovo Falcone and a Ex police V50. The V50 is giving me all sorts of grief just now, but hopefully this is the place to get advises

I also think the V50 looks neat.  I had a blast on a V50 for a weekend a couple of years ago.  Not so much on the freeway - thought I might explode the engine keeping up with my friends - but wonderful on the twisties in the hill country, even with the extra weight of my wife on the back.  That experience s what led me to buy my Guzzi.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

twforeman

« Reply #1569 on: January 29, 2015, 01:43:39 PM »
My name is Tim. I'm 52 years old and live in Minneapolis, MN. The riding season is short here due to living in Minne-snowta.

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 30 years and I just bought my first Guzzi - a 1998 V11EV with a Hannigan sidecar attached. This is the second sidecar rig I've owned but just driving it home has shown me that this Guzzi powered one is going to be great fun!

Edited to add: Forgot I was supposed to post my occupation. I'm a full-time IT professional and part time wrench and woodworker.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:57:13 PM by twforeman »

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1570 on: January 29, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
Sweet set up and welcome!

inditx

Down by KC way
inditx

This is the day.....

Offline dera

• New Egg
« Reply #1571 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »
Hello!This is Michael - from Poland.
My current MG is Quota 1100ES.
I like 1100 engines - this is my third MG with this engine - I suppose next will be Stelvio - but now I'm waiting for the summer.......
I'm IT guy working with Oracle database :-)

Take care!
Michał

California Über Alles

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1572 on: February 01, 2015, 06:24:42 PM »
Hello!This is Michael - from Poland.
My current MG is Quota 1100ES.
I like 1100 engines - this is my third MG with this engine - I suppose next will be Stelvio - but now I'm waiting for the summer.......
I'm IT guy working with Oracle database :-)

Take care!
Michał

Zapraszamy do wildguzzi stronie internetowej!

Bill

Chris_Netherlands

« Reply #1573 on: February 02, 2015, 07:25:23 AM »
Hi there,
Chris from the Netherlands here at age 43. New to Moto Guzzi and new to this community.
I recently bought a (according to paperwork) 1982 MG 850 T3 Cali with a sidecar. Sidecar is a Duna (complete aluminium) tub on a homemade chassis. Chassis and tub are not yet a configuration. Bike is far from original including leading links forks and 15" spoked wheels with Michelin 145-15 XZX tyres all around. (Wondering if I cut the side- and centerstandlugs of at some time since it's just ballast on a 3 wheeler)
Would have posted a picture but.... well, I have to read into the "how to" section of this forum.

Kind regards from "tulip and wooden shoes country" better known as the extra square kilometers around Amsterdam.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:49:27 AM by Chris_Netherlands »

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1574 on: February 02, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Welcome, Chris.  VERY interesting looking machine!
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

cricket1

« Reply #1575 on: February 03, 2015, 08:41:26 PM »
Lannis-

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.  I know a Guzzi won't have the overall power as the Sprint, but that's ok.  It's very rare that I really wring the Triumphs necks.  (Very easy to be looking down and see 120mph+)

Gonna have to keep on the hunt!  :)

Offline lorazepam

• Gosling
  • Almost ready for suspenders
« Reply #1576 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
Hello!  My name is Gale, (guy) and I am 57yoa, and I live in Ohio, in Amish country. I have been riding for 40 years, and finally bought my first Guzzi, a V7 Stone.  I was told by the salesman that this is a great place to get knowledge on the bikes, and information on where to find the best farkles for the Guzzi. I spent many years on BMW motorcycles, and I am hoping the Stone will give me the pleasure of an airhead, with a modern bike.

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #1577 on: February 06, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »
Hi,

Brother Jack,

Welcome aboard.  Not to worry, when you get your V50 sorted out, we'll happily make up your grief deficit.   :BEER:   

TTFN, Jack in Texas.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1578 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:42 PM »
  I was told by the salesman that this is a great place to get knowledge on the bikes, and information on where to find the best farkles for the Guzzi.

Smart salesman!!  Many of them don't know about Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi.   Stick with that shop, I'd say ....

Farkles?  We don't need no steenking farkles!!  ;)   

Lannis

Offline motogearhead

• New Egg
« Reply #1579 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
Greetings all!  

Randy (Motogearhead)

Retired Logistics Engineer

Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Moto interests include long distance, adventure and vintage...and anything else 2 wheeled related

Several scoots including BMWs, KTMs and others...but no Guzzi...yet!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:42:50 PM by motogearhead »

onip

« Reply #1580 on: February 09, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
Hi!

I'm a 45 y old guy from Quebec, Canada. New owner of a '15 MG Stelvio. I'm a traveler. I've done all Americas on a VStrom 650 in 2009-2010...

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1581 on: February 09, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »
Hello, I'm Jeff from Lake Oswego, Oregon. I don't yet have a Moto Guzzi, but I'm hoping to buy one very soon!

I'm currently riding a new Triumph Thruxton (currently for sale to facilitate my next purchase) and an old Ducati ST2. The Thruxton is my fun-in-the-sun around town bike. The Ducati is my rain and high-speed bike. Where I live, because of the rain, the Ducati gets ridden a lot more than the Thruxton.

I am a self-employed lawyer, but that just pays the bills. I love motorcycles, scooters, bicycles, and music (playing and listening). My wife also rides: a new Vespa Sprint, and a new Triumph Bonneville. We love getting away to our old family beach cabin (Olympia, Washington) when the weather is nice and playing with our chocolate labs in the water.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Cmr58

« Reply #1582 on: February 15, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »
Hello all my name is Chris Morrison, born in England, living in the Netherlands. 48 years old on Wednesday :) and I work for a food/industrial powders contracting company. Anyway I have just purchased a 1100 Breva after riding Japanese bikes since I was 16... I bought the guzzi so my wife can go on the back,  after she would not ride on the back of my last Fireblade ! So we are planning some nice trips this year... My other love is racing my R6 Yamaha, but this year will limited to track days at Assen and Zolder. Don't think I will taking my guzzi on the track, my wife would kill me !!

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1583 on: February 17, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
Hello all my name is Chris Morrison, born in England, living in the Netherlands. 48 years old on Wednesday :) and I work for a food/industrial powders contracting company. Anyway I have just purchased a 1100 Breva after riding Japanese bikes since I was 16... I bought the guzzi so my wife can go on the back,  after she would not ride on the back of my last Fireblade ! So we are planning some nice trips this year... My other love is racing my R6 Yamaha, but this year will limited to track days at Assen and Zolder. Don't think I will taking my guzzi on the track, my wife would kill me !!

Welcome ... and Buon Compleanno!   :D

Your wife has similar views to mine.  Happy to ride pillion on the Norge and EV, but Griso?  No, thanks.  :wife:

Bill

Asylum

« Reply #1584 on: February 17, 2015, 06:23:44 PM »
Hey guys

Patrick, 36

Elevator Mechanic (Schindler Elevators)

From Montreal, Canada
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:18:05 PM by Asylum »

knucks

« Reply #1585 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:41 PM »
New here. Live in Ann Arbor, MI.
Considering a Guzzi as an additional bike, perhaps an older one.
They seem hard to find :(

Offline hwy61

• New Egg
« Reply #1586 on: February 19, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
Hello all! In the great rotation of two wheels in my life, it looks as though I'm heading back to Guzzi (after many German years). Had a V 1000, with hack, years ago and feel as though a vintage Goose would be the way to go again. Ideally I'd love to find an old Loop, as it would fit my older, more relaxed riding style these days! ;D

Cheers,
Pete

Offline Bonafide Bob

• Gosling
« Reply #1587 on: February 21, 2015, 07:53:46 AM »
Hey folks, My name is Bob, I live in South Louisiana. I have been riding for 60 years. I have owned more motorcycles than I can remember, but never a Moto Guzzi, hopefully that will change soon as I am trying to buy a 2013 Stelvio.  I am a semi retired Safety Director. My current bikes are a 1970 Harley Shovelhead, 1977 BMW R100/7 and a 2006 Harley Street Bob.
 Thanks for allowing me to join the group.
 Bob
We have freedom of speech, as long as we don't say to much.

wpak

« Reply #1588 on: February 23, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »
Hi, I am a life long Alaskan that has owned a few bikes, Kawis and Hondas, sold long ago.
At a barbeque the summer before last I was in Fairbanks building a bridge, (put beans on the table for 39 years, this summer doing this) . Off in the corner I spied little black bike so I moseyed over to it, I haven't saw many Guzzis here in the north.
I was impressed with the design. So looked on Ebay and thought that they were reasonable priced, but there was no support in Ak.
Anyway last summer I was doing another bridge and I  kept driving by a BMW 75/6 sitting on the edge of the road in the rain. I had to stop, it went home with me. The hook was set again.
Now the 75/6 has a friend, 100gspd. Soon maybe another, Dana fxdx, possibly taken in trade for a boat.
Still no Guzzi.
I was trolling, found this forum and here I found some Alaskans with Guzzis. So I thought I will hang around and see how they do it.

Ward

katoosh

« Reply #1589 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »
Richard Stanley
San Francisco
2009 Griso 8V: GTR exhaust with PCV/Autotune and open top intake with BMC filter. Bike purchased after my KTM 950 was stolen. So far, so good.

Love the guzzidiag for noobs thread. Much needed.

Previous MG? Oh, yeah. T-3, Le Mans IV, SPII.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here