Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1079425 times)

Offline drbone641

• Gosling
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1590 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
Well Hello there,
Don Bowen 57, Airplane Pilot for 36 years. Fighters long ago, now Boeing bus driver.
Been riding dirt since late 60s, street since 1976. For the last 9 years I have been riding Ducs
and have been peeking over the fence at MG for about a year. I have a trip planned in late April
with my son and my friend and his son to show the kids the BRP for the first time on bike.
Thinking of doing it on a Guzzi as my air cooled Multistrada makes me go too fast and has very
little protection from wind etc. I love the Duc, but getting ready to shift gears.
Live south of Atl down in Newnan. I'm here to learn and pick some brains.
Thks,
Bone
73 TR6
09 Multistrada
16 Eldorado

jfree

« Reply #1591 on: March 01, 2015, 05:57:27 PM »
Jeff P from Indy
Pushin Forty
I do what I want
I have a serious moto addiction
I have an 850T and a
field fresh Eldo project.

Doppelgaenger

« Reply #1592 on: March 10, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
Well Hello there,
Don Bowen 57, Airplane Pilot for 36 years. Fighters long ago, now Boeing bus driver.
Been riding dirt since late 60s, street since 1976. For the last 9 years I have been riding Ducs
and have been peeking over the fence at MG for about a year. I have a trip planned in late April
with my son and my friend and his son to show the kids the BRP for the first time on bike.
Thinking of doing it on a Guzzi as my air cooled Multistrada makes me go too fast and has very
little protection from wind etc. I love the Duc, but getting ready to shift gears.
Live south of Atl down in Newnan. I'm here to learn and pick some brains.
Thks,
Bone

Welcome! Have a look at the Norge. especially the 07-08s with the 1100 engine, they are geared tall so while they'll still go fast, they're not as prone to making you go TOO fast if you don't try harder.

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #1593 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:20 AM »
Welcome! Have a look at the Norge. especially the 07-08s with the 1100 engine, they are geared tall so while they'll still go fast, they're not as prone to making you go TOO fast if you don't try harder.

They're 1200s.  Just with 2 valves per cylinder.

Don't  buy a big block Guzzi to go slower.  You will find the speedo needle loves 80mph.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1593 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:20 AM »

crooner

« Reply #1594 on: March 11, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »
I've been on and off this forum, but now am a 3-Guzzi owner and love the advice and community.

IT for 30+ years but prefer to work with my hands in the garage. Hit the half-century mark a couple years back and am generally in Annapolis, MD, Athens, GA or Tombstone, AZ. Bike count at 7, 4-BMW, 3-Guzzis.

Building a '75 cafe from an 850T barn find. Currently stripped down as far as I could get it. Frame blasted and primed, parts  sourced (except for exhaust and few bits). Engine is on the bench, 59k on the clock and ran ok, but I've been convinced to tear it down...so the fun has begun.

Offline NorthernProducer

• New Egg
« Reply #1595 on: March 14, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »
John

Finishing my 6th decade next year

Retired and own a small farm in

Middle Tennessee

Been riding for 50+ years which includes on and off road.

Have a new 2015 Griso and enjoy riding with my wife on her V7 Special.
USAF '67-72

Guzzi-less for the moment

davedogg

« Reply #1596 on: March 15, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »
Hello. I'll try to keep it factual. I'm 27 and have been riding for a couple years. Love old bikes especially two strokes and rebuilt a 1973 Yamaha RD350. I got my father back into riding after about a 30 year hiatus. We both said if we were to get a new bike it would be a Moto Guzzi. Found a used 2012 V7 Classic for my dad a couple months ago and love it! I will be trying to do most the work myself but shamefully admit that new bikes have me puzzled especially with fuel injection, shaft drive, and sensors. I'm used to carbs and no valves  :BEER:

C908

« Reply #1597 on: March 15, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
Chuck Leftwich (C908) Age 60, Retired, Sedalia,Mo   I've been riding since 1974, current bike 2010 Harley Ultra Classic. I am interested in the new Guzzi California Tourer, trying to learn all I can about it. My other consideration is a Triumph Rocket Tourer. I live in a small town and the nearest Guzzi dealer is about 80 miles away. Once the weather gets nice I hope to go try out a California Tourer. 

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #1598 on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
Hi my name is Al Klug.  I am a retired science teacher (63) and have been riding dirt and road since 1968.  I have ridden most brands of bikes but always liked the two Guzzis I had (V50III and SP1000).  After many years off the brand I recently flew from Pgh to Charlotte to buy a new Norge.  I remembered why I always liked the Guzzi, unfortunately there were electrical problems on the way back that stranded me in the back woods of WV.  The bike is now in Wooster getting fixed.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

56Pan

« Reply #1599 on: March 15, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
Hi my name is Al Klug.  I am a retired science teacher (63) and have been riding dirt and road since 1968.  I have ridden most brands of bikes but always liked the two Guzzis I had (V50III and SP1000).  After many years off the brand I recently flew from Pgh to Charlotte to buy a new Norge.  I remembered why I always liked the Guzzi, unfortunately there were electrical problems on the way back that stranded me in the back woods of WV.  The bike is now in Wooster getting fixed.

Just curious, Al.  Did the dealer in Charlotte give you a full tank of gas on the new bike?

C908

« Reply #1600 on: March 15, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »
 Chuck Leftwich , age 60, retired, live in Sedalia, Mo.

oldbike54

« Reply #1601 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:32 PM »
Chuck Leftwich , age 60, retired, live in Sedalia, Mo.

Hello Chuck , check out our Cedar Vale Kansas thread . Come on down , lots of Guzzi Gurus to answer questions .

Dusty

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #1602 on: March 15, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
No, I stopped at the gas station next to the shop to fill up.  I didn't mind that, it was more the whole waiting in a stranger's house for four hours while my friends came to get me when it quit thing that was annoying.  I am sure the dealer had nothing to do with that.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

SDC

« Reply #1603 on: March 16, 2015, 01:16:01 AM »
Hi, Steven Currie, 42. Accountant. Have ridden on and off-road since I was a kid. I live in NSW, Australia.  Other hobbies include cycling, beach.  Latest addition to the garage is a 1997 Cali EV.

Offline coastdude

• New Egg
« Reply #1604 on: March 16, 2015, 02:31:51 AM »
G'day I realise I should have done this a while ago. My name is Andy and I live in North Eastern NSW Australia, I'm 56 and a Horticulturist. I've just bought my first guzzi, a V7 Special II after many years of being ducatsi.
Don't try to eat anything larger than your head
2015 V7II Special
1982 Ducati 600 Pantah

56Pan

« Reply #1605 on: March 16, 2015, 08:05:19 AM »
No, I stopped at the gas station next to the shop to fill up.  I didn't mind that, it was more the whole waiting in a stranger's house for four hours while my friends came to get me when it quit thing that was annoying.  I am sure the dealer had nothing to do with that.

Okay, thanks.

wkndwanderer

« Reply #1606 on: March 18, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »
heber davis. kitchener ontario. just purchased a 2012 norge with 0km. absolutely new to moto guzzi so anything u guys have to share please do. some of my interests are canoes, guns, kayak, motorcycles and camping. did i mention that i like shooting? 60 years old, millwright and auto mechanic by trade. LOVE HAND TOOLS

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1607 on: March 20, 2015, 08:48:05 AM »
I'm baa-aack..  After a too long hiatus (a couple years) i am back.  I have moved from ND to Sioux Falls SD and brought the Guzzi's with me.  Now I need to find some two legged riding buddies down here.
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Faab

« Reply #1608 on: March 20, 2015, 05:37:23 PM »
Hey all, I'm Fabian but please call me Faab. ;-T

I'll probably be one of the youngest on this forum at 23 of which I've spent the last 8 driving whatever is at hand. At the moment I'm driving a Zephyr 550 until  my Guzzi is finished. I am restoring a V65 that used to be from the Spanish police.
I am finishing my automotive studies this year (hopefully :P), but I'm already looking for a job.
I live in Belgium, so I get to eat the best fries  :pop and drink the best beer in the world :BEER:

I have been on a few forums before and I am excited to see whet this forum brings. I'll definitely be asking smallblock questions, first of which:
Is a smallblock really that much of a girls bike to you?

(Last thing I did was litter this post with emoticons)  :P

oldbike54

« Reply #1609 on: March 20, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
 SBs are only girl's bikes in North America , we have , er , masculinity issues  ::) :D Welcome  Faab, another Belgian , you guys have a strong presence on WG  ;-T

Dusty

Faab

« Reply #1610 on: March 20, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
Hey Dusty, thanks for the warm welcome!

Nice to know there are other Belgians on here 8)

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1611 on: March 20, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
SBs are only girl's bikes in North America , we have , er , masculinity issues  ::) :D Welcome  Faab, another Belgian , you guys have a strong presence on WG  ;-T

Dusty
I dunno, I love riding my wife's Breva in the city..  it is so flickable and easy.  Problem is she won't let me cuz i scrape the bottom of the pegs off..  lol

manny113

« Reply #1612 on: March 21, 2015, 09:50:16 AM »
Hi my name is Manny Morris I live in Tiverton,Ontario,Canada.I have been riding motocycles for fifty years and MotoGuzzi for the last 20 years.I own an SP 1000 and also an 850T3 that is being built as a café racer.I am retired construction electrician.Thankyo u for allowing me to join.....

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1613 on: March 21, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
Welcome Manny.  How is life in the cold? 

Offline Johncolleary

• Gosling
« Reply #1614 on: March 21, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
John Colleary
59 years old
General Contractor
Long Beach, Ca.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." �Groucho Marx
2013 Stelvio NTX
2014 Triumph Tiger 800
2001 Suzuki DR400
2023 Kawasaki KLX300

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1615 on: March 21, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »
Hey all, I'm Fabian but please call me Faab. ;-T

I'll probably be one of the youngest on this forum at 23 of which I've spent the last 8 driving whatever is at hand. At the moment I'm driving a Zephyr 550 until  my Guzzi is finished. I am restoring a V65 that used to be from the Spanish police.
I am finishing my automotive studies this year (hopefully :P), but I'm already looking for a job.
I live in Belgium, so I get to eat the best fries  :pop and drink the best beer in the world :BEER:

I have been on a few forums before and I am excited to see whet this forum brings. I'll definitely be asking smallblock questions, first of which:
Is a smallblock really that much of a girls bike to you?

(Last thing I did was litter this post with emoticons)  :P

Welcome.

As for the SB's being for girls, suppose if that's so, I'll have to start wearing pink when I get one in a year or so.   ;D

No, I don't that is the case at all, and if anyone does think so, I wouldn't care.

Bill

oldbike54

« Reply #1616 on: March 21, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »
Welcome.

As for the SB's being for girls, suppose if that's so, I'll have to start wearing pink when I get one in a year or so.   ;D

No, I don't that is the case at all, and if anyone does think so, I wouldn't care.

Bill

I promise to never show the pic Bill  ~;

Dusty

Offline wayne.maki

• New Egg
« Reply #1617 on: March 21, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
Wayne Maki
Detroit, Michigan
Woodworker

Hi all!

Faab

« Reply #1618 on: March 22, 2015, 06:35:12 AM »
Welcome.

Bill

You could start wearing pink now, as practice  :P

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1619 on: March 22, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »
Welcome.

Bill

You could start wearing pink now, as practice  :P

We are not amused.   >:(

Well, OK, maybe we are.   ;D

Actually, I do have a couple of pink dress shirts.  Look just fine with the right coat and tie.

Was a dealer yesterday and sat on a V7.  Confirmed my view that I need to add one to my harem.

Bill

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here