Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1055328 times)

jwinwi

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1650 on: April 19, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
Hello All,

John Wendt in Wisconsin
48 years young; Guzzi fanatic since 1987 when I bought an 850T.
Sales Engineer
So many bikes, so little time to enjoy them...

Offline Calijackalbob

• Hatchling
  • The BEST looking Jackal in Singapore.
    • ZDK Elite Karate & Kickboxing
« Reply #1651 on: April 19, 2015, 10:51:54 PM »
Peter here.
An Aussie in Singapore.
52years old.
Own and run a Martial Arts Studio in Singapore. ZDK Elite Fitness Studio @ ww.zdkelite.com where  I teach Muay Thai, Karate, Wrestling etc........

I've owned over 100 bikes before I got my Italian lover, a 2001 Jackal. 100 bikes too late. I LOVE IT! I bought it intending to make a cafe racer out of it, but the bike is awesome as it is, so I guess I'll just have to get me a V7 or anything I can get my hands on in Singapore. My bike is one of only 2 jackals in Singapore, a country the size of a postage stamp which has maybe 20 Guzzis in total and about 2 million other bikes. (Mainly scooters.)
Here's the Jackal in good company. 

slater

Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1652 on: April 20, 2015, 11:43:30 AM »
Hello all! I'm Slater, a film director/editor who works in advertising in Minneapolis. Just got a new V7 Stone and just parted with a 76' Bonneville. In the process of mod'ing up the v7 to make it my own. Running into many ?'s and I hope the experience of you all will come in handy. Trying to get most of this done before our baby shoes up in a few months!

-Slater

Offline StillOnTheRoad

• ForeverBeginning
  • New Egg
    • Yankee Come Home: On The Road from San Juan Hill to Guantanamo
« Reply #1653 on: April 22, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »
Bill Craig
   Somehow 57
   Way married.
   Vermont, writer, jazz musician (stand-up bass) and professor
   I like to travel and write about the connections between what we see now and what happened back when... yankeecomehome.com
   Favorite Moto Guzzi sighting: the Nevada ridden by the Cuban cop who pulled me over on the road to Daiquiri.
   I've owned a (strange?) assortment of bikes, and I'm looking to buy the one that'll see me through to the end of my riding days.
   I think it might be the V7 II Stone, and I'm thinking of buying one just about the minute they're available here. It'll be my first Guzzi. I welcome all advice! And I appreciate all I'm already learning from this forum.
Riding = Doing the Next Right Thing

2012 V-Strom DL-1000 ADV
'96 R1100RT
'08 KLR650
1983 K100RS
1981 CB900C
1975 CB250
1977 CB750A
1978 Peugeot 103SP

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1653 on: April 22, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »

Offline ClassicV7

• New Egg
« Reply #1654 on: April 22, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
Elliot Abraham - Columbia County NY. 2012 V7 Classic & 2009 R1200RT -
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:26:50 AM by ClassicV7 »
-Elliot
2009 R1200RT
2012 Guzzi V7

Snakebit

« Reply #1655 on: April 23, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
Hi, Name is Norm, I live in Southwest New Mexico, USA.  I've owned several bikes over the past 45 years.  Current ride is a 2009 Star Roadliner S in candy red.  One of the best I've owned by far.  Recently in a visit to neighboring El Paso, TX, I visited a few dealerships and was blown away by a pearl white Moto Guzzi California Touring.  The styling is terrific, with the tank molded around the cylinder heads, the beautiful and functional bags, the cool factory windshield, the stylish seat, and many other items.  I've read a few reviews online and while it may not be quite the 1900cc powerhouse I'm currently riding, it has really grabbed my interest.  I registered on the site to find more information from Cal Touring riders, and I look forward to reading through the posts I've found here.     

Offline Twinpot

• TwinPot
  • New Egg
    • Morgan Plus 4 Bloo'
« Reply #1656 on: April 24, 2015, 03:46:49 AM »
Hello from NornIron (Northern Ireland)

Mark (Moss)
Semi Retired
Motorcycles, Cars, boats, guitars, a bit of painting (but quite frankly I'm an awful artist) - and of course The Spaniel 'Ozzy.'

Both my girlfriend and I have bikes: Me - HD Streetbob 2011
                                                             BMW R1200GS 2009
                                                             XT660Z Tenere Yamaha 2013

Karen - HD Sportster 1200 Low 2007

I am currently trying to buy a Guzzi to replace the one I should never (isn't it always the case) have sold. My first Guzzi was bought in 1996 and myself and a Guzzi friend (now deceased) at the time were regularly asked about the bikes (when parked) by passers by. Both 1995 1100i Californias. Although I had a Heritage 1340 at the time also, I loved the California and attended some great camps and a memorable 1998 Guzzi meet where I  learned that you really can't over-stuff a leather Guzzi pannier when it sits on a stock' exhaust! Fantastic memories and confusion by the same degree.

The memories of the bike are what causes the confusion. I would really love a California - but I sort of have that with the Street-Bob. I love the look of the Griso and the physical gesture of the V12Sport - but I hate the thought of parting with any of the others to finance this, so may look at older models. Yes of course it's a nice problem to have - but it's taken a lot of hard work and focus.

To me, bikes aren't something I just flip in and out of. I've pursued them all my life. Reading through a lot of the posts on here I see there are a lot of folks who are similar. It's a rare thing in life that you get to enjoy something this much through all your years. I'm as happy biking now as I was at 17.

I've looked around the site and just thought I'd say hello. I'll post photos of the bike when it comes and I'll continue to follow the daily postings on here.

Be safe and enjoy.

Moss.

http://bloomorganplus4.blogspot.co.uk

I can't get photoshop to play ball just now but the California can be seen here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890129&page=7

under 'Batman'

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:11:40 AM by Twinpot »
Moss
http://bloomorganplus4.blogspot.co.uk/

2011 CalVin, 2016 HD Electra Glide, 2013 XT660Z Yamaha, 2009 R1200GS

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1657 on: April 24, 2015, 06:31:24 AM »
Hello from NornIron (Northern Ireland)

Mark (Moss)
Semi Retired
Motorcycles, Cars, boats, guitars, a bit of painting (but quite frankly I'm an awful artist) - and of course The Spaniel 'Ozzy.'

Both my girlfriend and I have bikes: Me - HD Streetbob 2011
                                                             BMW R1200GS 2009
                                                             XT660Z Tenere Yamaha 2013

Karen - HD Sportster 1200 Low 2007

Welcome, Moss (& Karen).

Great travel pix and narrative in your blog.

That Morgan is covetable ... not that I'd ever commit such a sin.   ::) ;)

Best wishes in your "hunt" for the right Guzzi.

Bill

P.S. Like that "NornIron" thing.  May steal it for us, as we live at the top of Virginia, but to most folks, "Northern Virginia" means the great Washington, D.C., metroblob.  So, there is some charm in "NornVa."   :D

Offline Twinpot

• TwinPot
  • New Egg
    • Morgan Plus 4 Bloo'
« Reply #1658 on: April 24, 2015, 06:52:38 AM »
Bill,

Many thanks for the welcome. 'Norva' sounds good to me. Many years ago there was a Norvin motorcycle in uk. Wish I could claim that one!

Moss
Moss
http://bloomorganplus4.blogspot.co.uk/

2011 CalVin, 2016 HD Electra Glide, 2013 XT660Z Yamaha, 2009 R1200GS

Offline Blind Lemon Ade

• New Egg
« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »
Hiya, I'm Ade, from the county of Kent in the UK.

I have a Breva 1100, and I came here to find out how to use GuzziDiag, so expect a lot of stupid questions!

I had a Breva 750 for a short while, and long ago, a V50 Monza (back when they were new).

In between, I got distracted by the dark side (D****i), and spend ten years racing the things.

If I'm not fiddling with the bike, I'm playing guitars, either teaching, rehearsing or (rarely) gigging, which is where my Username came from...

Now, where's the "Dumb questions from GuzziDiag noobs" thread?

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #1660 on: April 24, 2015, 10:55:01 AM »

I have a Breva 1100, and I came here to find out how to use GuzziDiag, so expect a lot of stupid questions!

I had a Breva 750 for a short while, and long ago, a V50 Monza (back when they were new).

In between, I got distracted by the dark side (D****i), and spend ten years racing the things.

If I'm not fiddling with the bike, I'm playing guitars, either teaching, rehearsing or (rarely) gigging, which is where my Username came from...

Now, where's the "Dumb questions from GuzziDiag noobs" thread?

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.0
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1661 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:53 AM »

Ade, Kent is one of my favorite places in the world, I've walked and ridden all over it.   Whereabouts in Kent you from?

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Blind Lemon Ade

• New Egg
« Reply #1662 on: April 24, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »
Thanks for the link, Dean!

Lannis, I'm just outside Sevenoaks, not far from Brands Hatch racetrack... at the foot of the North Downs.

Offline Tony H.

• New Egg
« Reply #1663 on: April 24, 2015, 03:11:09 PM »
Tony Heimerman 60 years old I ride a 2001 Bassa. Had a great time at cedar vale last weekend.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1664 on: April 24, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »
Thanks for the link, Dean!

Lannis, I'm just outside Sevenoaks, not far from Brands Hatch racetrack... at the foot of the North Downs.

One of my favorite rides on an old sidevalve BSA is from there, down through the countryside to the Romney Marsh, stop at the old Red Lion at Snargate, and then to Dymchurch and have fish and chips on a raw, blowy beach .... I really like that part of the world!

Lannis

Pieta

« Reply #1665 on: April 25, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
I am Pietà, I live in Scotland, I'm 1962 vintage (so currently 52)  I'm a statistician, I own a Suzuki VL650 and what was a 2003 California Aluminium Special Sport. The California is in need of much tlc as it appears to have spent much of its life sitting outside in Scottish winters before I got it, which is sad considering it also appears to be an grey italian import used to sunshine.

oldbike54

« Reply #1666 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
Tony Heimerman 60 years old I ride a 2001 Bassa. Had a great time at cedar vale last weekend.

It's about time you joined here my large friend  :) Yeah , we had a good time .

Dusty

mosney

« Reply #1667 on: April 25, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
Hey group, what's up? I'm Jonathan Mosney. 37 years old, web developer by day. Bought my first Guzzi back in November 2014 - a 2015 v7 Stone in black. Loving it so far!

Offline Blind Lemon Ade

• New Egg
« Reply #1668 on: April 26, 2015, 06:35:10 AM »
One of my favorite rides on an old sidevalve BSA is from there, down through the countryside to the Romney Marsh, stop at the old Red Lion at Snargate, and then to Dymchurch and have fish and chips on a raw, blowy beach .... I really like that part of the world!

Lannis

Yes, Romney Marsh and Dungeness are something special - I love going to the cafe at the old lighthouse on Dungeness, near the steam railway and the nuclear power plant... 

AGRO!

« Reply #1669 on: April 26, 2015, 07:18:37 AM »
Hi all my name is Jeff.
I'm 58
Bikes are 2009 Super Duke plus Black V7II Stone.

moss

« Reply #1670 on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm Charles, 27 years old, just got my 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone in matte green yesterday. I'm in Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. Nice to meet you all.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1671 on: April 26, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm Charles, 27 years old, just got my 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone in matte green yesterday. I'm in Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. Nice to meet you all.
Which direction from Philly?

We were in Kennett Square till last summer.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

moss

« Reply #1672 on: April 26, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »
I'm in the burbs, north of philly, near Doylestown

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re:
« Reply #1673 on: April 26, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
Good location, you can get to Coopersburg Eurosports easily. You may want to check them out if you're going to have anyone else work on your bike.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1674 on: April 26, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
Yes, Romney Marsh and Dungeness are something special - I love going to the cafe at the old lighthouse on Dungeness, near the steam railway and the nuclear power plant... 

That little steam railway is fun, a proper railroad with schedules and stations and all.   

My company was bidding on a big job involving Dungeness and I was hoping we'd win it and I could work there a year or two, but it didn't work out ....

Lannis

philip15

« Reply #1675 on: April 26, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
Hi I'm Phil
From Wales UK
Mechanic
My New Ride Bellagio 940

Offline Elliott

• New Egg
  • A sitting crow starves.
« Reply #1676 on: April 27, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »
Elliott, 37, also from Wales (sut mae Phil). Picked up a 2013 Stone last autumn. Third bike for me but first MG.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:38:09 PM by Elliott »

tinsign

« Reply #1677 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
I'm the new guy to the site - I'm looking to find the old cool bikes that my buddies used to ride and race during the 70's

I'm really searching for a 1978 lemans in red and black just like my buddy Dave rode back in 78 - very cool bike - tho out of my price range then - hopefully not now

I've found one that sounds good on paper -the Vin number is in the right range - the tag near the triple tree looks right - issue is that the motor has no numbers stamped on - could be a service replacement back in the day that the dealer forgot to stamp  or who knows -

Does anyone have any ideas on this or have the heard of something similar happening back in the day

Thanks

Doug   

lonerockz

« Reply #1678 on: April 27, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
Howdy folks. New to the site. Not a Guzzi owner yet. Have a Triumph Explorer 1200, BMW K1200R and a Kawasaki Versys. Thinking of ditching the K1200R and Versys and getting a V7. Want a light weight touring bike to take to the 4 corners of the earth. As the V7 is the only sub 400 lbs shaft driven bike made right now its the only thing on my list. Just worried about reliability and parts availability.

Live in USA, CA - SF Bay area.

Cshoe

« Reply #1679 on: April 28, 2015, 04:06:36 PM »
Hey Guzzi People
My Name is Craig Schumacher
I live in San Diego California
Favorite televised sport is F1
I'm in the building industry
60 years young
Current ride is a BMW K1600GT

Looking to add the new V7 2 to the stable

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here