Author Topic: self healing ECU  (Read 15080 times)

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
Re: self healing ECU
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »
it's alive!!!!   Thank each you for every piece of advice.
My last question on this topic:
Left side is running 280F, right side is running 220F. Is this a major concern? (measured at the lambda sensors after a test run of 50km)
~ okay second last: is it worth investing in Guzzidiag hardware for owners of modern V7's? Can adjustments be made such as would balance the 60 degree difference in the pipes?

In appreciation of all the assistance offered by forum members I've tossed a few extra dollars into supporting Wildguzzi.
I hope other folks who benefit from the generous sharing of knowledge found herein will follow suit as they can afford.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 03:24:56 AM »
it's alive!!!!   Thank each you for every piece of advice.
My last question on this topic:
Left side is running 280F, right side is running 220F. Is this a major concern? (measured at the lambda sensors after a test run of 50km)
~ okay second last: is it worth investing in Guzzidiag hardware for owners of modern V7's? Can adjustments be made such as would balance the 60 degree difference in the pipes?

In appreciation of all the assistance offered by forum members I've tossed a few extra dollars into supporting Wildguzzi.
I hope other folks who benefit from the generous sharing of knowledge found herein will follow suit as they can afford.
Glad you got it running again. Guzzidiag for the MUi based bikes can't change mapping, so that will stay the same. But what it can do is read errors and show the health. Investment is a bit overdone word, for 20-30$ parts.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »
 Guzzidiag for the MUi based bikes can't change mapping, so that will stay the same....

Paul, is that mapping lock likely a permanent situation (as-in a hardware issue) or will software be written as more demand and data-sets grows?
.... I'll swap straight across with anyone for a pristine LM mk 1 2 or 3...  ;D

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 03:41:00 AM »
the MUI can be programmed like any ecu, but what is lacking is : a bike, we don't know anyone who has one near. And b, we can't blind gues what is needed, so we need some sample to test with. Same with the 7sm from the cali 1400.
Paul

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 03:41:00 AM »

beetle

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »
Like I said before the crash. Paul, Pete and I are onto it. When he gets back from the West, well sniff a map upload to an M3. Also a 7SM when we get the chance.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 01:55:48 AM »
Aside from being a bit out of the way to loan you the bike... is there anything I can do to contribute to the process?
The connectors from UK should be arriving shortly and I have a dedicated Win7 netbook ready to load software.

Vasco DG

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2015, 03:06:30 AM »
PM sent.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2015, 04:12:02 AM »
I've the M3 bike available, Pete. Let me know where & when. I expect to be taking it down to Tallangatta for the 5-7th June & both you and Mark are on the way (both there & back). Otherwise earlier or later.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Vasco DG

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 06:58:54 AM »
Alas I won't be back on deck until 09/06/15 and have a bit of a backlog. We also don't know if your bike will take a map update until I plug PADS in. Thanks for the interest though and any time you're up here give me a call.

Pete

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
Thanks, mate - will do.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline rfguy

• New Egg
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Just recently got the Lonelec kit. Guzzidiag installed and running. About ready to order a set of Mistrals for my 2014 California 1400 Custom, and so have been researching ECU tweaking. Doesn't appear to be many sample maps available for the 7SM (if any?). I've got a late Android phone with a RAM mount on the handlebars and a USB cable running to it from the battery area (simply for power at the moment). I'm a retired IT professional, Windows nor Linux hold any surprises for me... ;-) Anyway, I'm not a speed/performance fanatic, but would like to keep the Cali happy with a more freely flowing exhaust than what it originally set up for. Consider this post a volunteer to assist in any way you guys see a way I might be able to do so...

Jim

beetle

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »
ReXXer is your only choice for the 7SM at this time. We're working on it!

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 06:16:33 PM »
Doesn't appear to be many sample maps available for the 7SM (if any?).

did you find a cali 1400 map at all? I didn't. I have a number off 7sm rsv4 maps, so I have an idea how they look. 
Paul

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »
did you find a cali 1400 map at all? I didn't. I have a number off 7sm rsv4 maps, so I have an idea how they look. 

Is there a reader for the IAW 7SM ECU available?  I'd be happy to retrieve one off my Cali 1400 if I had the tools to do it.

Offline rfguy

• New Egg
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »
Well, no. I was hoping this post would scare something up (if there were any around to be had). Oh well, guess I'll keep on watching over here and on the Ghetto for any developments. To whomever it will be of use, I'll be happy to volunteer for testing and/or data logging, just let me know...

Jim

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:44 PM »
we are looking far a mui3 and 7sm ecu. So if anyone has a spare.
Paul

Vasco DG

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »
Alas no but I'll ask around....

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:29 PM »
Just received notice that the DB Killers for my Mistral shorties have arrived at the postal station. The other day I also received the GuzziDiag cables from UK.
SO... before I give the modified Mistrals a second chance I'm going to run GuzziDiag on the stock set-up. I'll screenshot as many settings as can be reasonably done.
Which are the key readings to record for reference? Are there some readings that would be more useful when seen together on the same screen. (aside from the obvious : left and right banks). My mobility is extremely challenged at the moment so I'll have plenty of time to fiddle with recording the software outputs.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here