Author Topic: Wow! Wild Custom "Mad Max" Movie Motorcycles  (Read 5948 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Re: Wow! Wild Custom "Mad Max" Movie Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »
The movie did the franchise justice, it was terrific

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »
  Max sure has held his grudge against road outlaws for a long time.  His grudge goes way back to 1979.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
The original Mad Max had a lot of cool motorcycles available only in Australia, so as an American I found them exotic. I can't wait to see the new movie, I heard it's very good. For what it is.
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
The original Mad Max had a lot of cool motorcycles available only in Australia, so as an American I found them exotic. I can't wait to see the new movie, I heard it's very good. For what it is.

The MFP cruisers were modified Australian Ford Falcons, which we never got here.   Love to have one of those.

But I think the bikes were mostly modified KZ-1000s, which you can certainly get anywhere.   At least Toecutter's bike was ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
The movie did the franchise justice, it was terrific

;-T
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

190 Octane

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »
 ;-T
Saw the new movie today and loved it.  First movie that I've seen long time that I would have stayed seated for a repeat showing if I could.

Offline Rusty goose

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 11:49:28 PM »
I saw it too, it was awsome! I really revered the original Mad Max and the Road Warrior. I was cautious about seeing this one, I was worried it would live up to my expections. It blew them out of the water! Great action flick, if you are a machine guy, see it.
Rusty
" A situation is never so bad that it can't get just a little bit worse."

Penderic

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 05:10:58 AM »
I haven't seen the movie yet.

I find it interesting that whenever there is a hit movie, eventually the hardcore fans are going to copy the iconic elements - the speech, dress and props too.

It wouldn't be too hard for building similar Mad bike builds on a budget with the use of low tech junk and common household items.

A lot of fans will be tempted! Will we see a lot of copycat clones on the streets now? oh yeah!

Needs feathers!  :D

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 06:17:43 AM »
I saw it too, it was awsome! I really revered the original Mad Max and the Road Warrior. I was cautious about seeing this one, I was worried it would live up to my expections. It blew them out of the water! Great action flick, if you are a machine guy, see it.

The original trilogy is one of my favorites.   Sometimes when my boys and I are sitting around doing nothing, we do the entire dialogue from "Thunderdome" from memory.

They're a bit silly, I know, but good fun.   I was afraid the new movie would not be "good" compared to the originals; not that it wouldn't be bang-bang blow-up-things, I know they can do that, but that it wouldn't be in the spirit of the originals.   

But if you're at the "revere" level of the originals and still thought this was good, I'll chance $11 on a theater showing ..... !

Lannis

Offline Rusty goose

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »
It is definitely a theater thing, at leaste the first viewing. There are a lot of cool little bits hidden throughout the movie that tie it to the first two. I didn't really care for the Thunderdome one as much, as a result I could probably on quote half of it.
Rusty
" A situation is never so bad that it can't get just a little bit worse."

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »
It is definitely a theater thing, at leaste the first viewing. There are a lot of cool little bits hidden throughout the movie that tie it to the first two. I didn't really care for the Thunderdome one as much, as a result I could probably on quote half of it.

It HAD started to get just a bit over-the-top silly, but some of the characters and dialogue are just hilarious.   "Me explain.  This MY vehicle!  You - PEDESTRIAN!".   

And in a project management presentation once (internal, not with a customer) I used the clip where the Bartertown generator truck is barreling down the railroad track to nowhere with Pigkiller at the controls, Auntie's whole army after them, and Max climbing up the driver's door, hollering in the window "WHAT'S THE PLAN?"   And Pigkiller gives this toothless grin and says "Plan?   There ain't no plan!".   That's a usable quote right there .... aside from one of the only two actually funny and justifiable uses of "F..k" in the movies.    (The other is in Major League.)

Lannis

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »
They should have hired JB as a consultant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 12:54:35 PM »

I find it interesting that whenever there is a hit movie, eventually the hardcore fans are going to copy the iconic elements - the speech, dress and props too.

It wouldn't be too hard for building similar Mad bike builds on a budget with the use of low tech junk and common household items.

A lot of fans will be tempted! Will we see a lot of copycat clones on the streets now? oh yeah!

Then pluck, you, too!

Penderic

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 01:21:19 AM »

;D

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »

Yeah, they copied our very own JB in the first place..

I don't care what anyone says, that bike is a work of art.. 
Had they hired John as a consultant they would have been able to build real rideable bike art.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:13:01 AM by atavar »
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

lucydad

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
loved the flick...now want desert varnish rat bike and lots sunshine...

Offline SteveRivet

• Gosling
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
;-T

Absolutely.  I went and saw it opening nite - told my 14 year old son it would give him some culture.  Blew me away.

Steve
2014 R1200GS

Previously:  1999 Bassa, 1972 Eldorado, 1986 Lemans IV, 2008 1200 Sport, 2011 Stelvio

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:49 AM »
You've got to love a movie where the credits at the end include a long list of "salvage artist"...
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline azccj

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:38 AM »
The original trilogy is one of my favorites.   Sometimes when my boys and I are sitting around doing nothing, we do the entire dialogue from "Thunderdome" from memory.

They're a bit silly, I know, but good fun.   I was afraid the new movie would not be "good" compared to the originals; not that it wouldn't be bang-bang blow-up-things, I know they can do that, but that it wouldn't be in the spirit of the originals.    

But if you're at the "revere" level of the originals and still thought this was good, I'll chance $11 on a theater showing ..... !

Lannis
Dr. Dealgood:
Right now, I've got two men, two men with a gut full of fear. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... dyin' times here!

Max:
I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket.

Max: How long are you in for?
Pigkiller: The big one. Life.
Max: For killing a pig?
Pigkiller: I had to feed the kids. Ah, it doesn't bother me. Down here, life's two, three years.

One of my favorite movies and the best of the original trilogy.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:59:52 AM by azccj »
Current Bikes
2022 MG V85TT Travel
2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
2019 Suzuki Vstrom 650XT Touring
2017 Honda African Twin DCT
2014 BMW F800GT
1972 Eldorado. Which someday I will restore.

Moto Guzzis now gone but not forgotten
2007 Norge
2003 V11 Le Mans
2000 Jackel
99 EV

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here