2018 AFT Flat Track thread

Author Topic: 2018 AFT Flat Track thread  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Daniel Kalal

• Guzzi Hero
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
Re: 2018 AFT Flat Track thread
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »
Personally I'm not a fan of the "new improved" jump.

The new jump is more like the original old jump; it's been changed several times over the years.  The idea is to keep today's twins (with 50% more power than the last time the twins ran this track) from jumping right into the creek.  If that were to happen, that would be the end of the Peoria TT on the national circuit.

I wish there were a way to make the track twice as wide as it is.  But, the bowl that it sits in pretty much limits what can be done, without a great deal of effort that would ruin the attraction of the place to many people who love it. 

So, it remains what it is: nice people, great organization, great food, great heritage, horrible track.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• goose!
  • Guzzi Hero
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »
Stevie Bonsey has had really bad luck this season, but he should be healthy for Springfield on the Ducati 821.  Just on principle, I'd hate to see 1 - 18 all riding Indian.

I'd love to see the Duc run with those Indians. Or anything else as far as that goes.
Not anti social, pro solitude.

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2018, 08:04:34 PM »
I'd love to see the Duc run with those Indians. Or anything else as far as that goes.

maybe we'll see an Aprilia Dorsoduro next year?   :evil:

I'm told it's possible.  Don't know if it's likely.  I wouldn't put any money on it.  But it's been discussed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:36:49 PM by LowRyter »
John L  (Guzzi's Chime at 9AM & Midnight)

There are two kinds of Okies:  Those that hate Steinbeck and those that like him; those that hate Woody Guthrie and those that like him. 

I am in the latter class.

Offline Daniel Kalal

• Guzzi Hero
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »
maybe we'll see an Aprilia Dorsoduro next year?

It's not listed in the 2018 rulebook as approved, but who knows?  These things have been shown to be flexible.  The expectation is that any changes in the rules for 2019 will be towards a 750cc limit and I don't know that Aprilia makes a 750 version of the Dorsoduro these days, do they?

Offline LowRyter

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2018, 08:55:22 PM »

It's not listed in the 2018 rulebook as approved, but who knows?  These things have been shown to be flexible.  The expectation is that any changes in the rules for 2019 will be towards a 750cc limit and I don't know that Aprilia makes a 750 version of the Dorsoduro these days, do they?

Nope, it's a 900.  Like I said, I wouldn't put money on it.
John L  (Guzzi's Chime at 9AM & Midnight)

There are two kinds of Okies:  Those that hate Steinbeck and those that like him; those that hate Woody Guthrie and those that like him. 

I am in the latter class.

Offline guzzisteve

• Guzzi Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #215 on: Today at 04:39:52 PM »
Thunder in the hollow is going on!!
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Flying Tiger Motorcycles
Moto Guzzi, Royal Enfield, Zero Electric Motorcycles
FlyingTigerMotorcycles.com
Advertise Here

Please consider white-listing this site in your Ad Blocker settings. White-listing this site helps the forum financially and reduces the need for donations. This site is 100% donor based. I've taken great strides and effort to ensure there are minimal ads displaying so not to be too intrusive and to find a good balance. The ads are region specific and could actually benefit you as well. Thank you. Look to the very top right of your screen for the "X" to close this message.
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here