Author Topic: 2001EV-proper fuel reg attachment  (Read 334 times)

Offline drburt

• Hatchling
2001EV-proper fuel reg attachment
« on: January 23, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
I'm finally putting my replacement manual petcock on the fuel tank (wires broke off of original electric one).
Manual one leaks through output when closed. Oh well.

I'm trying to find out the correct way to start the union fitting between regulator and tank.
The regulator fitting nut is left threads on one side and right threads on the other (same as petcock).
Do I screw the nut all the way down on the reg then screw onto the tank and they meet in the middle?
Do I screw the nut halfway down on the reg then screw onto the tank?
Do I start the nut on the tank...etc.

By the way, which way to orient the input hose to the reg? Left, right, back...?
Thanks for your advice!
Brent

Offline lucky phil

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2001EV-proper fuel reg attachment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm finally putting my replacement manual petcock on the fuel tank (wires broke off of original electric one).
Manual one leaks through output when closed. Oh well.

I'm trying to find out the correct way to start the union fitting between regulator and tank.
The regulator fitting nut is left threads on one side and right threads on the other (same as petcock).
Do I screw the nut all the way down on the reg then screw onto the tank and they meet in the middle?
Do I screw the nut halfway down on the reg then screw onto the tank?
Do I start the nut on the tank...etc.

By the way, which way to orient the input hose to the reg? Left, right, back...?
Thanks for your advice!
Brent

You "just" engage the thread on either the tap or the tank fitting then rotate the whole assembly on the other fitting until it also "just" engages then rotate the "nut only" from there until it tightens. The idea being that there is equal thread engagement for both the tap and the tank fitting threads. Orientation I can't help you with.

Ciao 
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room.

Offline drburt

• Hatchling
Re: 2001EV-proper fuel reg attachment
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 02:37:52 PM »
Thank you, Phil.
That gives me a great start.
I'll figure out the orientation by trial and error unless someone else chimes in on that.
Thanks!
Brent

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here