Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Been playing their albums since the 70's. And yes, what a run for Dickey. RIP Mr. Betts.  We have three Cockatiels  and I taught one of them 25years ago to whistle the intro from "One Way Out" and the other two birds have picked it up. All three whistle along when I put it on the turntable.

Paul B
General Discussion / Re: Norge handlebar differences
« Last post by brider on Today at 09:03:07 AM »
I too would LOVE a set of the 1200 Sport top clamp. I removed a set of risers from my '07 Norge and find the stock position not-uncomfortable, but would love the configurability of the 1200 Sport setup. That's gotta be a rare find.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by brider on Today at 08:58:25 AM »
I agree with John A, symptoms say clutch slipping.
General Discussion / Re: New ride
« Last post by brider on Today at 08:54:03 AM »
VERY Nice! Looks a lot more Adventure-y and trail-capable than Vstroms I've looked at in the past during my ADV-bike daydream scrollings thru the used market. LOVE the color scheme, too.
General Discussion / Re: Stuck Norge Filter
« Last post by brider on Today at 08:50:01 AM »
I've the three pronged filter wrench on my GRiSO for the last nine or ten years of oil filter changes.

This is GOLD, Jerry, Gold! As of this moment my Norge filter is waiting for my big screwdriver to lever it loose, after letting it drain the HUGE amount of oil trapped in it. I was considering the filter wrench in the OP's image, but had no confidence that there was clearance between the filter & the sump recess. Now I know (if the sump design is the same as the Griso)! I like the 3-prong for filter removal, guess I'll check out HF today so I won't have to caveman a filter off again in the future.

As I've only had the bike a short time I have no idea what filter is on it, but it looks like a 76 mm 8-flute, but I said screw it trying to guess at a filter wrench so I'm doing what Tom mentioned and drained my 1000-mi 10W-60 Motul into a clean container and will go back on with a HiFlo HF77(?) and the reclaimed oil (removing the sump and spacer to check/replace the common spacer-gasket squeeze-out problem).
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by ital4me on Today at 07:42:22 AM »
A Dyna left me stranded once. Dropped a cylinder. Nothing you can do about that on a ride. Points can be fiddled with on the road. I usually carry a spare set along with a points file and spare plug. When solid state components fail, nothing you can do.
General Discussion / Re: Marelli starter brushes
« Last post by chuck peterson on Today at 07:30:19 AM »
I used a local auto generator alternator repair shop…still a few around. Fortunately for me he had handled repairs for a few guzzi cop bikes. Hand rewound the coil something something for me

I believe MGCycle maybe others had an exchange program…send them your non running one and they ship a previously rebuilt one

Just checked MGCycle..didn’t see any exchange…however they list an alternate complete starter for $120…about what I paid for a rebuilt

They do have bosch brushes
https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_159&products_id=316
General Discussion / Re: welding question 75 850 T
« Last post by ital4me on Today at 07:28:22 AM »
I would bevel the edges of the crack and use enough heat. You don't want to worry about that breaking at the wrong time.
General Discussion / Re: Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by brother dave on Today at 07:10:47 AM »
I use a SW-Motech Pro Daypack. It also requires the Pro Tank ring. There are also additional accessories you can add (phone case, lock).
The really nice thing about it is that it's not too large, and the connection of the bag to the tank ring is magnetic, at least for positioning. It clamps onto the ring, but the magnets ensure it hooks up easily, property and securely. Removes with a pull of a strap. Great for gassing up and then reattaching quickly and easily.

I installed one a while back on my V85.  It is just right in terms of size. Looks great and the quick release attach feature makes it easy to take with when you hop off for lunch.  Get one now!
One of my favs since I first heard them in high school and I am 69 now. So yeah, long time. I you haven't listened to the Tedesci Trucks band you might want to give them a try. Trucks is a nephew of Butch trucks and their band is is formated like the Allman's. Two drummers, two lead guitarists Big keyboard influences. They do great covers of Allman brothers songs. One of their own songs, Midnight in Harlem, is on my playlist. Awesome song.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here