Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033817 times)

oldbike54

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2580 on: March 02, 2018, 07:51:07 AM »
Hi!

New member here. Mainly all the great info on guzzidiag and tunerpro drove me to this forum.

Name: Emil Grundstrom
I work as a PLC/DCS programmer

Bought my first Guzzi, a California SP Aluminium, almost three years ago. Also my first bike in many years. Also happened to turn 40 the same year  :shocked:

Welcome , we seem to getting more members from Nordic countries lately , that is interesting . We need some pics from your local environs Emil .

Dusty

Offline Grundstrom

• New Egg
« Reply #2581 on: March 02, 2018, 10:55:06 AM »
Right now all you have to do is to stare at a blank sheet of white paper to get sense of the environs ;-)

But here's a picture from last fall. Lots of trees and a heavy sky. But a phone camera don't really make the view justice.

Offline Tomalberta

• New Egg
« Reply #2582 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »
Hi All-Tom from Calgary Alberta, up north in good Canada.
Age-44
Occupation-surveyor
Ride a 2014/15 V7 special! That’s me!

oldbike54

« Reply #2583 on: March 06, 2018, 08:30:47 PM »
 Hi Tom  :grin:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2583 on: March 06, 2018, 08:30:47 PM »

Offline dcardo021

• Gosling
    • moto guzzi
« Reply #2584 on: March 06, 2018, 10:26:15 PM »
Dean Cardon
Coach
8 kids
6 bikes
12 grandkids
3 dogs
El Paso, Texas

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline bikertrucker

• New Egg
« Reply #2585 on: March 07, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
Rich Lunetta, 61, Crane Operator, Woodbridge,NJ. Hobbies: motorcycles, guns, RV's. Current rides:17 Griso, 09 Harley CVO Roadglide

Offline rutgery

• Hatchling
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2586 on: March 08, 2018, 04:55:57 AM »
Hey! My name is Rutger.

I'm a 21 Year old student, but I've worked as an aircraft mechanic as well.
I live in the Netherlands, and love aircraft, guns, animals and, of course, motorcycles! 
'82 Moto Guzzi G5
'89 V7 Sport replica from a Cali 3

Offline JFCHARRUA

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
« Reply #2587 on: March 09, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
Hi to everyone, I'm Juan from Uruguay, 33 year's old, and like all of you a motorcycle enthusiast, in this moment I have 72 a moto guzzi V7 special 750cc, and two Ariel red hunters from the 48.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

oldbike54

« Reply #2588 on: March 09, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
Hi to everyone, I'm Juan from Uruguay, 33 year's old, and like all of you a motorcycle enthusiast, in this moment I have 72 a moto guzzi V7 special 750cc, and two Ariel red hunters from the 48.

Cool , start a thread with some pics of the bikes and your local area . Uruguay , I do believe you are our first member from there  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline JFCHARRUA

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
« Reply #2589 on: March 09, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »
Cool , start a thread with some pics of the bikes and your local area . Uruguay , I do believe you are our first member from there  :thumb:

Dusty
Hi Dusty, if you Google "Punta del Este" that is were I live you can see some of our land scapes, Uruguay is a small country but very beautiful, know for his beaches and his countryside, many years ago was know as the Swiss of America, and that's why here you can find a lot of classic motorcycles and cars, that were bring to the country in his majority by europeans, here you can find , ariels, triumphs, panther, matchless, norton, ajs, bsa, bmw, Royal enfield, horex, zumbean , guzzi etc etc, the negative of this is that now a days it's more difficult to find the good ones because the majority are being sell internationally, well sorry for any grammatical error but English is not my best language.

oldbike54

« Reply #2590 on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
^^^ Don't worry about your English my friend , just keep those pics and reports coming . Lovely Loop Frame , and nice collection  :bow:

Uruguay looks beautiful  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #2591 on: March 13, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »
Hi, my name is Jim Eichhorn. I live in East Central Indiana and operate a municipal recycling facility. I’m 45, and have recently purchased an ‘02 California Stone. Needs everything! I have a half dozen other bikes and enjoy a bit of dirt with my son and other family and friends as well as some spirited road riding whenever possible. Excited to get the Cali back on the road!
‘02 MG California Stone
‘09 Yamaha TTR125
‘98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
‘97 Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit
‘96 Buell S2 Thunderbolt
‘87 Yamaha TW200
‘86 Suzuki FA50 Shuttle
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline DavidF

• New Egg
« Reply #2592 on: March 17, 2018, 07:18:43 AM »
Good morning.
David, middle aged school teacher who just got his first Moto Guzzi, a 1978 convert.
Previous rides include
1974 Kawasaki 90
1984 Jawa350 semi with side car
1969 Triumph Daytona 500
1957 HD K
1978 Honda Hawk 400

oldbike54

« Reply #2593 on: March 17, 2018, 08:04:59 AM »
Good morning.
David, middle aged school teacher who just got his first Moto Guzzi, a 1978 convert.
Previous rides include
1974 Kawasaki 90
1984 Jawa350 semi with side car
1969 Triumph Daytona 500
1957 HD K
1978 Honda Hawk 400

You're gonna fit right in here  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline convertaddict

• New Egg
« Reply #2594 on: March 20, 2018, 05:43:53 AM »
Ciao Guzzisti!
New on the board.
I am Hans Barnar almost 72 years of age and living in The Netherlands.
Started my career on 2 wheels in 1965 on a Ducati 200 Elite and had several Ducati's till now.
The last one I bought is a 860GTS in 1976 still in my possession.
In 1987 I switched to the Guzzi and bought a 1976 Idroconvert. The 2nd Convert came on my way in 1978,
bought as a parts spender, but did a full restoration on this bike.
In 1998 I bought a California 1100i and having so many Convert parts I converted this bike 3 years ago into
a Caliconvert 1100i and riding this one with great pleasure.
Hope to contribute to the discussion board.
So far.

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '97 1100 Sport i, '89 Mille GT
« Reply #2595 on: March 21, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
Erm. Been in here a while but I don't think I did this.

Eric LaCruze, 56

Mostly Retired

If it moves I've probably worked on one except for Helicopters and Jets.

Jensen Beach, FL

'97 1100 Sport i
'85 LM 1000
'92 Mille 1000
'74 Aermacchi/H-D 350 Sprint
'71 Norton Fastback Commando
Something wistful and amusing, yet poignant.

Offline Marduki

• New Egg
« Reply #2596 on: March 25, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »
FNG Marduki!!!!  Railroad MOW Superintendent
Guzzi, BMW, Triumph old bike enthusiast.
1971 Ambo
1974 Eldorado
1974 Robyn
1991 Cali III
2000 jackal
1962 R-60/2 w sidecar
1967 R-50/2
1967 Triumph T-100
1976 Bonneville T-140V
2007 Dyna Low Rider

Want to say hello to all here!

Offline poppe

• New Egg
« Reply #2597 on: April 03, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »
Hello all,

For some reason I thought I had joined the group a long time ago, but I realized I had not, so please accept my warmest hello. I look forward to talking with all the other Guzzi people out  there.

I have a 2015 V7 stone in a brilliant red. I have had the bike for two years but this last year's work slowed me down deeply, and so I the bike sits with 7K miles on it.

Here it is with the new exhaust I put on last year - https://streamable.com/h6nll. The bike has been a dream and an experience of it's own. I just got new Continental Road Attack 3s on it and boy did that change everything.

Thanks!

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #2598 on: April 03, 2018, 07:16:08 PM »
Hello all,

For some reason I thought I had joined the group a long time ago, but I realized I had not, so please accept my warmest hello. I look forward to talking with all the other Guzzi people out  there.

I have a 2015 V7 stone in a brilliant red. I have had the bike for two years but this last year's work slowed me down deeply, and so I the bike sits with 7K miles on it.

Here it is with the new exhaust I put on last year - https://streamable.com/h6nll. The bike has been a dream and an experience of it's own. I just got new Continental Road Attack 3s on it and boy did that change everything.

Thanks!

Sweet bike.  Just gotta love that red.  Enjoy the ride.

Here's my 2015.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:18:14 PM by gerryp »
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2599 on: April 03, 2018, 07:26:06 PM »

Hi Juan,

I came to Uruguay 3 years ago for a couple weeks. I like it there very much, sorry I didn't have a motorcycle to tour with. I especially liked Minas and Taquarembo.

Offline JFCHARRUA

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
« Reply #2600 on: April 03, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
Hi Juan,

I came to Uruguay 3 years ago for a couple weeks. I like it there very much, sorry I didn't have a motorcycle to tour with. I especially liked Minas and Taquarembo.
The next time give me a call and I will borrow you a guzzi ,[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106].

Online pressureangle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2601 on: April 03, 2018, 07:44:50 PM »
^^^ Don't worry about your English my friend , just keep those pics and reports coming . Lovely Loop Frame , and nice collection  :bow:

Uruguay looks beautiful  :thumb:

Dusty

In Rocha. Every little town (and both big ones lol) has cars like this just...being there.

Offline poppe

• New Egg
« Reply #2602 on: April 04, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »
Sweet bike.  Just gotta love that red.  Enjoy the ride.

Here's my 2015.

Tha's really nice. I keep meaning to get the tank pands like that. Very nice looking. And wow on the gold/copper rims! I had been wondering how it'd look but didn't know of anyone doing it. Looks great.

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #2603 on: April 04, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »
Tha's really nice. I keep meaning to get the tank pands like that. Very nice looking. And wow on the gold/copper rims! I had been wondering how it'd look but didn't know of anyone doing it. Looks great.

Thank you for the compliments.

The accessories are a mix from Moto Guzzi, GuziTech and  AF1 racing.

Regards,

Gerry

2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline cttruetec

• New Egg
« Reply #2604 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
Tom Truelock 55
Santa Rosa California
Married love to hike backpack ride
Auto technician by day Guzzi tec by night 

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #2605 on: April 05, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
Tom Truelock 55
Santa Rosa California
Married love to hike backpack ride
Auto technician by day Guzzi tec by night

Welcome to the forum, Tom.  I have family in SR and they came within houses of being burned out.  Hope you fared well during the fires.
Do you currently have a Guzzi or just have Italian fever?

Jack
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline midnite

• New Egg
« Reply #2606 on: April 06, 2018, 11:28:25 PM »
Greetings from Petaluma, California!  I caught the Guzzi bug last year around this time and bought a 2016 V7ii that I cannot stop riding, modding, and reading about.  I've logged about 5K miles in the first year of ownership.  Mods include: GT hybrid fork kit, Racetech G3-S shocks, GT Stainless Valve Cover bolts, Dart Marlin screen, Tuono mirrors, GT 2:1 exhaust (asked Todd to weld in a baffle because it was a little too loud for me), remap, and a BMC filter... and one of those super-nifty Motodemic LED lights (not the adaptive one) on the way.  And some Agostini crash bars that I haven't gotten around to installing. Like I said, I can't stop! 

I'm married with a nearly-four-year old daughter, and work in education.  Enjoy hiking, skiing (alpine and backcountry), cycling and tinkering with and riding my V7 and FJ-09.

Cheers!  I look forward to lurking, learning, and to the extent I can, contributing.

Offline Nick-cee

• New Egg
« Reply #2607 on: April 07, 2018, 10:21:19 AM »
Hi everybody!
Nick (surprisingly, given user name) from Berkshire, UK. Now retired, 5 grand children, 1 Breva 750, and an SV650s, both 2004. Found this forum whilst searching "startus interruptus", now just got to follow the advice found in the threads, what a great resource! Hope that I can contribute in some way.

Love my Guzzi!

Offline MGilbert

• New Egg
« Reply #2608 on: April 09, 2018, 10:11:55 AM »
New guy, first post. SW Arkansas where the only curves are on the river roads. But close enough to the Ouachitas and Ozarks to get there in a hurry.  New owner of a �16 Stelvio and couldn�t be happier about it. One more airhead to finish then my T3 project goes on the lift. I�ll be mostly reading and learning until then but will surely post up for help once I get into it. In the meantime, just glad to be onboard.
Cheers!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:15:39 AM by MGilbert »

Offline F-22

• Hatchling
« Reply #2609 on: April 10, 2018, 02:17:48 PM »
Hello,
I am a 20 year old mechanical engineering student from Slovenia. I've owned a lot of bikes, including a few Guzzis. It was my passion for a really long time now, and I do know a lot about motorcycles despite my age (or perhaps that is my advantage?). My father is also very interested in motorcycles for most of his life, and that is how I got into this...

My first was a 77' gray V35, a brilliant bike although with many faults. Here's a photo, next to my 73' CB360 and a 77' Morini 350.

Bought it at a scrap yard for really cheap three years ago, it had around 48000km, I fixed (basically just did the maintenance and inspected everything) it up and rode it until last year. At the same scrap yard at the same time, I also bought this V35II with 98000km for spares:

It actually fired right up and ran well, but had some ridiculous whining noise from the gearbox, probably bad bearings. I also did not need and spares so I just sold it after starting it up.
Next year I found this beautiful 78' V35 in Italy (on a swap-meet) with only 3000km on the clock. After inspecting it a bit, I am certain it really did have so little kilometers, everything was original.

Other bikes on this photo are not mine. Either way, around that time I was also considering selling the V35 I was riding, and I just sold both - 350cc is just not enough for the highway and for easy overtaking. I also had a V35 Imola (unfortunately, I do not have any better photo than this one, next to my CB450):

But it was not much different from the other 350's.
I also bought two V50III's and sorted them out last winter. These are great bikes, a lot better ignition and lots of power compared to the older models:

They turned out really nice. But at that point, I already had some larger bikes to ride so I sold them too.

Just this weekend I was at a motorcycle swap meet in Reggio nell Emilia. I was looking for another project, and found a V7 Special deal that I couldn't pass by. Just sorted out the import documents today, and I am now a proud owner of a 71' Guzzi.

The double-sided double leading shoe front brake is just awesome, looks like they took it off of a 60's GP bike to me. It runs great, but unfortunately the front rim is a low-quality copy of the original. I have not found the Borrani sign on it (it is on the rear), and there are lots of little cracks around the spoke holes. So I am afraid it it not really safe to ride currently. I also hope converting it to left side shifting is not too hard or expensive.

I've also had this 3-speed Guzzi beast for some time when I was a kid. Actually quite nice as far as small 50cc Italian mopeds go.

And here is my current project. It was actually owned by my father, he bought it a few years before I bought my first V35 but now he gave it to me.

First series T5. It was dissassembled into parts some 4 years ago and left like that. Engine ran well, but it had a clutch problem. I want to build it up into a T3-ish touring bike. The T5 engine is very nice, I believe it already has most of the important upgrades and can be very reliable. I've read the T5 handling is not that good due to the 16" wheels, but I think I will let myself be surprised (I do like how large the 16" tires seem), and I think the brakes must be a lot more effective if the wheel diameter is smaller. If I will replace the piston rings, I might even round off the cylinder and head edges on a grinder to make it look a bit more like the older engine, and use the old head covers if possible.

Here are some of my other bikes and restoration projects:

R100RT

R100CS

71' CB450

75' R90S

And I've worked on lots and lots of other bikes (with my father), from pre war to modern ones. He was always a BMW guy, but after working on a few, and then going to a Guzzi, I really feel like BMW was just milking money out of an outdated design, while Guzzi really wanted to improve it (and they did). I swear even the V7 Special feels more solid and agile to ride than my 90' R100RT.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:18:54 PM by F-22 »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here