Author Topic: First ride with new fairing and seat  (Read 880 times)

Offline toolittletime

• Gosling
    • mysportgear.com
First ride with new fairing and seat
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:15:05 PM »
My driveway managed to thaw enough today to get the EV out for a test ride. This really is not normal here in N Idaho....usually it's March before I can get out, so I took advantage of the weather to test out the Vetter Rooster fairing and my new Ned's seat. Rode about 70 miles.

I can tell even from such a short ride that the seat will be fabulous. This is my first Ned's so the only thing I had to go on was the comments here.
The Rooster fairing worked nicely too. No  helmet buffeting or turbulence in the cockpit. There was a little wind coming from below the fairing, on top of my knees, and could probably be remedied with some lowers on the front end........but I don't think I'll bother. I do need to trim about 1/2" off the shield height for better visibility.

Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but I replaced the headlight and running lights with led's. Need the extra juice for my heated gear......35 degrees f. while riding today.......but sunny  :grin:

Tim

X-MSF Instructor
MGNOC 22710
12 Norge
2002 Cali EV
74 Eldorado

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: First ride with new fairing and seat
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »
not sure how they'd look on your bike but these Memphis Shades fork deflectors work amazingly well to cut wind and noise under my helmet.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here