Author Topic: Mandello del Lario factory tour!  (Read 636 times)

Offline Tony/CT

• Gaggle Mentor
Mandello del Lario factory tour!
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:20:54 PM »
So this is it! My wife and I are headed to Italy in Oct. The Guzzi factory in Mandello is on the must see list. Does anyone know if they give tours of the factory these days? Can we just stop in or would something have to be set up in advance? The last time I toured Italy was on a bicycle. Just couldn't get to a lot of the places I wanted to see. We will be renting a car this time. Thanks for any info.

Offline Daniel Kalal

• Gaggle Hero
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
Re: Mandello del Lario factory tour!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »
the museum hours are 3:00pm - 4:00 pm weekdays.  There is no regular factory tour, although each September the doors will be (somewhat) open during the annual Guzzi days of Mandello.

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
The protocol for the Museum is to show up a bit before it opens and wait outside the main factory gate. A small group is typically gathered there.  When they open they will show you to the museum and more or less move you through from one end to the other, eventually coming to the gift shop from where you exit the facility.  I've been on the museum tour multiple times and on the infrequent factory tours a couple of times long ago, pre-Piaggio.

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
 :thumb: very cool...
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here