General Category > General Discussion

time has come

(1/3) > >>

Alfetta:
So the V7(3) (2018) has 16K miles under she belt. and now the check engine light has decided to turn on...

Friday was hot here and the bike was in the sun all day.
I fired it up to and it stumbled and died. (check engine light turned on)
I tried on more time with the same result.
So third push on the start button i gave it a blip of fuel to keep things spinning, It still stumbled, gave me a lean pop. and then slow settled down and ran correctly.
The bike ran just fine for the 20 mile journey home.  And ran fine back to work this morning. (light still on)

So i think its time to get the necessary equipment to run diagnostic test.
Q1.  Will a standard auto OBDII reader work with correct interconnect cable ?
Q2.  Would GuzziDialog software and cabling be a better option ?

faffi:
I cannot answer your questions, unfortunately, but have you checked battery voltage unladen and when cranking? Low voltage can cause all sorts of issues.

Xander:

--- Quote from: Alfetta on June 10, 2024, 11:30:54 AM ---So i think its time to get the necessary equipment to run diagnostic test.
Q1.  Will a standard auto OBDII reader work with correct interconnect cable ?
Q2.  Would GuzziDialog software and cabling be a better option ?
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure about the V7, but I learned that the V85TT just began compatibility with OBDII in 2021 (or '20?) with the E5 (Euro) standard.  I guess that probably applies to Moto Guzzi in general.   :sad:
EDIT:  I think the prior system on MG bikes requires a proprietary scanner.

I've gotten an adapter (Amazon ~$8) for my ODBII scanner (16 pins) to the plug on my '21 V85TT (6 pins).  I haven't tried it yet, but I'll do so and report back here if anyone's interested.

--- Quote from: faffi on June 10, 2024, 12:37:19 PM ---Low voltage can cause all sorts of issues.
--- End quote ---
Very true.  I'm told that on the V85TT low voltage can be a cause of the "startus interuptus" issue which flashes a red warning about the security key instead of starting the brum brum.  I had that issue and charging the battery fixed it.  I've since replaced the battery after testing the charge voltage while running, and I've not had the problem since.

azccj:
I have the OBD adapter that plugs into my V85tt's red diagnostic plug, and have connected a cheap wireless OBD scan tool into the adapter. It appears to work fine showing fault codes and sensor readings. Also works on my girlfriend's Vespa which uses the same red diagnostic plug.

Xander:

--- Quote from: azccj on June 10, 2024, 07:05:21 PM ---I have the OBD adapter that plugs into my V85tt's red diagnostic plug, and have connected a cheap wireless OBD scan tool into the adapter. It appears to work fine showing fault codes and sensor readings. Also works on my girlfriend's Vespa which uses the same red diagnostic plug.
--- End quote ---
What year is your V85TT and her Vespa?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version