Author Topic: Guzzi Campout Westfield NY  (Read 608 times)

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
Guzzi Campout Westfield NY
« on: March 11, 2024, 04:06:02 PM »
Have the dates been posted for the campout held at the KOA Campgrounds on Rt5 in Westfield NY?
Trying to figure the dates so I can combine visiting family members and do the campout while I'm up there.

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Guzzi Campout Westfield NY
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 04:45:18 PM »
Have the dates been posted for the campout held at the KOA Campgrounds on Rt5 in Westfield NY?
Trying to figure the dates so I can combine visiting family members and do the campout while I'm up there.

Jerry

That’s always been the WNY Guzzi RALLY.  Don’t think that’s happening anymore?  It was one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:49:00 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 04:46:43 PM »

Jerry

This is what I was told by friends that regularly attend. "The KOA (or was it the vineyard?) has expanded and there's no area for the rally now, that and there was some "friction" between some non-motorcycling guests and a few rally attendees."

Last year there was a "Proxy Rally" held in the Finger Lakes area to replace it, if I remember correctly. If it's held the "traditional" WNY Rally weekend, it would be June 7-9.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:55:17 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 06:21:04 PM »
Thanks much for the info.  Mothers side of the family was from Chautauqua  County.  Dads side is from Buffalo/Erie County.  I have relatives scattered all over Western N Y who I haven't seen in years.  Figured I really need to get back up there and show my face before they write me out of their wills.
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 06:21:04 PM »

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 09:31:21 PM »
Best bonfire at a rally I ever saw. Glad we made it a couple of times. Good times.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 08:58:15 AM »
I emailed one of the organizers of the "Proxy Rally" and asked if there was to be one this year, here's the response:

We have not discussed it with anyone yet.  I will talk to Don and check with some of the others and let you know if anything is happening.  If anyone is going, it is 100% on your own, no food, no coffee, whoever is there chips in for firewood. Pay for camping at the office and pitch a tent in the field.  There is a pavilion and picnic tables but that is it. It is an EXTREMELY bare bones camp ground, makes Willville look like a five star hotel in comparison so I'd hate to get anyone's hopes up expecting to come to an actual rally. 
Charlie

Offline vf84pc

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 01:52:46 PM »
I was at the last ralley in the Vinyard. I also stayed late to help pack up and I did not hear of any issues between Rally goers and campers, that is not to say it did not happen. I have not been there since the ralley so I don't know if the KOA has expanded. I do know that Joe was hopeing that someone younger might take over. It was my understanding that Joe was concentrating on racing his Guzzi's and was not giving up doing the rally but only postponing it.
I was unable to make the event last year but I hope I can make it this year. Going forward is anyone interested in helping put on the the WNY rally? I could speak with Joe about renting his "Tent" but I don't have a truck to transport it. I am about 90 Minutes from the KOA if it is not available I could investigate other locations. Joe lives 20 miles form me so I am sure he would gladly provide advice.

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 03:48:39 PM »
There wasn't a WNY Rally last year, and as far as I know there isn't going to be one this year either.
Charlie

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 07:02:05 AM »
It takes a lot of work and money to put on a rally, and many have thanklessly done it year after year for decades.  Rally goers just show up for the fun part, and some still complain.  “It’s too expensive, food isn’t what I want, I don’t have to pay the rally fee cause I’m just day trippin’ (but I’ll still eat)…”  I’ve seen it all.  I can’t blame the organizers for eventually moving on.

WNY was one of my favorites though.

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here