Author Topic: Carc swingarm removal on centerstand  (Read 625 times)

Pizza Guzzi

Carc swingarm removal on centerstand
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:09:35 AM »
I successfully removed the swingarm on my new to me Breva 1200 using the center stand to support the bike. Others may have done the same before I'm not sure.
I used a procedure I had read somewhere, not sure where. With the bike on the side stand remove the brake side pork chop and fit a temporary nut and bolt at the center stand mounting where the pork chop bolt came out.
Now put the bike on the center stand.
I then removed the muffler, wheel and bevel box before removing the gear lever side pork chop. Put another temporary nut and bolt through the center stand mounting point where the pork chop bolt went.
I then went about removing the swingarm without issue.
Maybe this will be useful for someone like me who has no solid structure to support the rear of the bike.

Glenn

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Carc swingarm removal on centerstand
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 02:11:02 AM »
I successfully removed the swingarm on my new to me Breva 1200 using the center stand to support the bike. Others may have done the same before I'm not sure.
I used a procedure I had read somewhere, not sure where. With the bike on the side stand remove the brake side pork chop and fit a temporary nut and bolt at the center stand mounting where the pork chop bolt came out.
Now put the bike on the center stand.
I then removed the muffler, wheel and bevel box before removing the gear lever side pork chop. Put another temporary nut and bolt through the center stand mounting point where the pork chop bolt went.
I then went about removing the swingarm without issue.
Maybe this will be useful for someone like me who has no solid structure to support the rear of the bike.

Glenn
I’ve done it twice and never thought of that.
Thanks.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here