Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 1566 times)

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
Downsizing
« on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Well its finally time to get on with it. I do believe that this will be the last season for the Stelvio. Great bike and I love it but its just gotten to be to big a hassle to move it around and worrying about dropping it when riding out on my own. I need a bike more suited to my age and abilities. The biggest issue is the high center of gravity on the NTX along with its weight. I am looking hard at a new V9 Bobber. Sticking with Guzzi is a must and my riding needs are going to be far more local heading into the future. More trailer time as well for the longer trips. I like the looks of the Bobber and its milder power output isn't an issue. Heck I rode a G5 for seventeen years with about the same HP output.
At any rate if any V9 owners out there care to comment on their experience with the bikes I would appreciate hearing it.
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Downsizing
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Not an owner (yet), just a Fanboy after having demo'd the Bobber Sport a few times this spring.

As a former CARC (B11) and Cali (Jackal) owner I think it is punching above its CC class and feels pretty comparable to the old Jackal in terms of hp/weight.

It wouldn't surprise me if you could still do longer distances in it.

My one recommendation would be to make sure you look at a later Bobber with the pegs further back or get the relocation kit for the early ones.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:16:37 PM »
Here is a motivational video...  :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-QaLiqtaM

1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »
Most, if not all riders started with smaller bikes, and we had a blast.
Test ride a few bikes, see what YOU feel comfortable with.
That's what really matters.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »

Offline Milosh

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
I bought my V9 Bobber from Cadre Cycles in Cincy. I positively love the bike. Ample torque, great handling (for a cruiser), and runs like a top. I put some HB cases on her and am taking her to Vermont in September.

___________________ ___________________ __
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton

Offline guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 08:01:11 PM »
I know what you are feeling. I downsized from my V11 Cali's to my V7II and have never regretted it.

Would look at both the Bobber and the V7...don't think you can go wrong with either.

Some of my best rider memories were aboard a Honda CB550 when going through High School.

The important thing is that we can still ride!!

Jeff
Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

Online Groover

• Gaggle Hero
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 07:19:17 AM »
I have a ton of fun with my nimble Vespas to be honest. I live in area where the motorcycle sometimes is just too much. Here in Ohio there is a law that anything 150cc and below, you can park on a sidewalk as long as it doesn't block anything. That is invaluable when it comes to urban areas, summer festivals, etc
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline stonelover

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 08:49:57 AM »
I don't have a Bobber, but at 80 years of age my V7 Stone satisfies all of my wants and needs.

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 09:18:17 AM »
Most, if not all riders started with smaller bikes, and we had a blast.
Test ride a few bikes, see what YOU feel comfortable with.
That's what really matters.

A few days ago I was tooling along, two up with bags along the interstate at 88 mph...  Just then a scooter passed me, also two up, and disappeared into the distance at what I'd estimate to be 95 mph.  Rider and passenger were wearing simple but effective black leathers and bike was fitted with small hard bags.  They were apparently touring on the thing and surely looked to be having a blast!  They waved as they went by  :grin:

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
A few days ago I was tooling along, two up with bags along the interstate at 88 mph...  Just then a scooter passed me, also two up, and disappeared into the distance at what I'd estimate to be 95 mph.  Rider and passenger were wearing simple but effective black leathers and bike was fitted with small hard bags.  They were apparently touring on the thing and surely looked to be having a blast!  They waved as they went by  :grin:
Uh huh

Offline T4halo

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »
I don't have a Bobber, but at 80 years of age my V7 Stone satisfies all of my wants and needs.

Stonelover, this comment made my day. I hope I’m still riding at 80. Good for you!!!

T4
7th & 10th SF retired

Offline MGrego

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
Stonelover, this comment made my day. I hope I’m still riding at 80. Good for you!!!

T4

:thumb:

Offline Sykestone8886

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
I test rode the bobber and the bobber sport, it didn't do it for me. I prefer my v7. I suggest you test ride a few before making the decision. Everybody's opinion is different.
54HDFL  73HDFLH. 85HDFLT. 73suzukiTS 250 76hHONDA cb360

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here