Author Topic: Center Stand Debate:Just for Fun  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Center Stand Debate:Just for Fun
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
Good post with fine comments.

All my Guzzis have centerstands. Seldom used, but sho nuff handy when you need it. Kick starters, vent windows, radio dials, door key and ignition key etc have all gone by the wayside. Twenty years from now someone will post a pic of a centerstand and want it ID.

Tex

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
Makes changing tires on the side of the road a whole lot easier.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 12:13:21 PM »
I absolutely agree with nice to have and I even have one. But, I'm just saying, 20 years ago (40 years ago?) if I had posed the same question about the need for a kick-starter it would have gotten the same responses; everything from wouldn/couldn't travel without one to -it just looks cool to use it. But it seems like more and more they are either becoming add on accessories or even impossible to add on unavailable luxuries. If I  have a flat on the road and my screw-in plastic plug won't get me to a shop I will call my roadside service provider, and I like riding, not fixing or maintaining. And manufacturers (and not just MG) must be thinking the same way, ergo center stands are no longer a universal motorcycle accessory like a kick-starter once was.

Maybe in the East & South your conclusion makes sense of depending on a tow truck to bail you out, but out  West you may wait for hours or days for a tow truck to show  up and the cost will be a lot.   Fortunately I rarely get flats(knock on wood).  I carry stuff for it but never need it.   I won't own a bike that doesn't have a CS or if 1 is not available for it.

Bikes with no CS is equivalent to some new cars with no spare tire, IMHO.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here