Author Topic: The Perfect Cup of Coffee Motorcycle Ride  (Read 1233 times)

Offline swordds

• Hatchling
  • (504)234-9011
The Perfect Cup of Coffee Motorcycle Ride
« on: May 14, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »
I am fortunate living in Mandeville Louisiana because there are probably a dozen places within walking or bicycling distance where I can get an excellent cup of coffee. But the coffee is the least significant part of what I am considering to be a "perfect cup of coffee motorcycle ride" equation. Here is my equation: the Perfect Cup of Coffee Motorcycle Ride = Good Coffee + Excellent Coffee House Atmosphere + An Outstanding Motorcycle Ride There and Back. The ride from my apartment in Mandeville to the Giddy Up coffee house in Folsom Louisiana is an 80 mile round trip loop ( for me less than 50 miles would be too short and more than 100 would be too long for a cup of coffee ride) along very lightly used scenic country roads with multiple opportunities for pleasant detours and alternate routes and even opportunities to add dirt and gravel roads into the route. I like a coffee ride better than a breakfast or hamburger ride because it provides a pleasant objective without making me feel like I am getting fat from riding my motorcycle. A great way to spend a part of any day.
2016 V7II Stone
2016 Suzuki TU250X (lost in the great flood of ought 16)

In the future I will strive to tolerate everything except intolerance and to hate nothing except hatred.

Lcarlson

Re: The Perfect Cup of Coffee Motorcycle Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »
Spot on....

Offline menzies

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
My feelings, when I eat I feel drowsy and do not feel like riding home.
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2007 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »
My ritual for decades has been an early Sunday ride to either The Rock Store on Muholland Hwy or up the Crest (Hwy. 2) to Newcomb's Ranch. Both have terrible coffee. Often though of packing a small thermos with my own joe in my tank bag, but too lazy.
Kirk

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »

this one is a few hundred miles from home. I don't get there often enough..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:52:35 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »
My ritual is make coffee at home, after 3 cups I'm awake enough to ride.  Plenty of atmosphere on the deck, and I don't have to deal w/folks who haven't had their coffee yet.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Solojoe

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
When I visit Starbucks I'm impatient with the people who are getting all those sweet concoctions that take forever to make - what ever happened to just a regular cup of...? In Canada we have "Tim Horton's", a franchisee named after a hockey player - it has taken over the country! They serve a poor rendition of coffee with numerous portions of cream and sugar added - you order "A Double Double" indicating you want 2 shots of cream 2 shots of sugar. The clerks are amazed when I ask for my coffee without the double thing. The images of their coffee at http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/coffee.php without any cream - just coffee the way it should be.
4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here