Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1035172 times)

mkent

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1200 on: March 09, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
63 yr old retired school administrator.  Proud owner of 07 breva 1100 and triumph sprint 1050.  My wife is a very competent ridert of an 09 Bonneville.  We do about 5k per year primarily in Arkansas, smoky mnts-blue ridge, or Tx hill country.  Every 3 yrs or so we do a trip out west.

Offline ForFun

• New Egg
« Reply #1201 on: March 10, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »
Hello, Fernando from Spain. Currently owning a BMW F650.
Looking for a loopframe to do light touring and an occasional trip.
I have been visitng the forum for some months and finnally decided to join.
I am also interested in steel racing bicycles.

Rob Morton

« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2014, 02:22:40 AM »
Buenos dia Fernando.
Bienvenido a Wildgoose.

:)

Rob

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
Been lurking here for a few months, sucking up info, and I just put a deposit on a 2014 V7 Special. The bad news is I'm in Canada and the snowbanks in my driveway are higher than my head with another 15-20 cm forecast for tonight and tomorrow. So it'll be a few weeks before I actually take possession. Now to decide which of the other members of the herd to thin out to make room for this new one. The garage is overflowing. I know, first-world problem.  ::)
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

MrBluster

« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
Hope to buy a post-2008 Griso, preferably Tenni green or white. Live in Madison, Wisconsin USA

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2014, 07:11:11 PM »
Hope to buy a post-2008 Griso, preferably Tenni green or white. Live in Madison, Wisconsin USA

Welcome.

Hope you find your Griso.

Gotta say, tho, that a red one looks quite fine on Wisconsin roads up your way ...  :D

Best,

Bill

Steveski

« Reply #1206 on: March 12, 2014, 05:13:42 AM »
Hello to All the Guzzi Brethren! My name is Steve... 57 year old motorcyclist living in Palmyra, NJ (right across the Delaware River from Philly). I'm one of those guys who has always wanted to ride motorcycles.... I never really took to sports....baseball. etc... but bikes, oh yeah.... I've had a bunch too.... started with a 1974 250 Kawasaki Enduro (street/dirt). Installed a Hooker expansion chamber...sounded like a full-blown motocross bike! Took a bike hiatus after the 250 until Triumph came back in mid-s... I bought the Thunderbird model & since then, have been thru about 13 more bikes from BMW RT1150's to a Honda CBR600, to a 2000 Indian Chief, to my last bike, a Harley Street Glide. I sold the Street Glide in January of 2013 so I've been without a bike for over 1 year. I am seriously looking at the Moto Guzzi V7.... it is really a nice looking bike. I've read all the reviews & went to see the bike at Fast by Ferracci last weekend....

So.... I am going to post a new thread inquiring as to the plus's, minus's, & general performance of the bike!

Glad to be here & nice to meet everyone!
Steve

Offline groundhog

• New Egg
« Reply #1207 on: March 16, 2014, 04:23:31 PM »
Hello All
      Bob Johnson here.  I have just purchased a Lemans 5 and should get delivery in the next week. I am in Winchester, Ca and the bike is coming from Iowa. I am new to Guzzi ownership but have been looking for some time. Looking forward to learning more about these great bikes.  I have ridden a Lemans 4 and ridden with the friend that owned it and was always impressed how well these bikes handled and cornered and accelerated for a relatively lower powered bike. I have been riding for 45 years on several makes HD, BMW, Aprilia, Yamaha plus a bunch of dirt bikes.   

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1208 on: March 16, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
Lotsa Noobs! WELCOME EVERYBODY!!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #1209 on: March 16, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
Hello All
      Bob Johnson here.  I have just purchased a Lemans 5 and should get delivery in the next week. I am in Winchester, Ca and the bike is coming from Iowa. I am new to Guzzi ownership but have been looking for some time. Looking forward to learning more about these great bikes.  I have ridden a Lemans 4 and ridden with the friend that owned it and was always impressed how well these bikes handled and cornered and accelerated for a relatively lower powered bike. I have been riding for 45 years on several makes HD, BMW, Aprilia, Yamaha plus a bunch of dirt bikes.   

You buy the Marlboro Lemans from Maquokata Iowa?? You beat me out by mere minutes on the baby!! :D  Congratulations!! Enjoy her!!  Hope to see her and you at the Naional this July in Elkader Iowa.  First Scotch and Cigar is on me!! :BEER: :bike ;-T
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

derylt

« Reply #1210 on: March 17, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Hi!  Just joined and also pretty new to Moto Guzzi.  I am 64, and I've been a licensed riding instructor for 35 years.  My 2008 1200 Sport (aka "Bello") is my first Guzzi in a long list of bikes, beginning with a Lambretta 175. In the 9-5 world, I'm a financial advisor.  Home is Edmonton, Alberta where we are very, very eagerly awaiting the arrival of bare pavement.
Hobbies -- serious winemaker, and just beginning to learn to fly gliders (sailplanes).  Want excitement, challenge and a lot to learn?  Take up soaring!

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1211 on: March 17, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »
Hello All

Hey Bob you just missed a group ride Sunday that practically went past your house! Maybe next time.
 :bike
Flippity Floppity Floop

Offline EvanM

• Gosling
« Reply #1212 on: March 17, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »
Hi!  Just joined and also pretty new to Moto Guzzi.  I am 64, and I've been a licensed riding instructor for 35 years.  My 2008 1200 Sport (aka "Bello") is my first Guzzi in a long list of bikes, beginning with a Lambretta 175. In the 9-5 world, I'm a financial advisor.  Home is Edmonton, Alberta where we are very, very eagerly awaiting the arrival of bare pavement.
Hobbies -- serious winemaker, and just beginning to learn to fly gliders (sailplanes).  Want excitement, challenge and a lot to learn?  Take up soaring!

Deryl, glad to see you decided to register here! Welcome!
I'll second the eagerness for the bare pavement as well.
Evan
2007 Breva 1100

Offline hughtwg

• New Egg
« Reply #1213 on: March 18, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Hi, I'm Hugh, I'm 48 years old (for another day) and live in Norther Virginia. Been riding for almost 30 years and currently own 3 bikes in the states (Yamaha WR250X, Victory Vegas, Kawsaki Versys) and a 03 Breva 750 in Ireland which I haven't ridden yet. I plan on using the Guzzi for a 2 month 10k mile ride around Northern Europe. I'll be lurking and occasionally posting in the next few months as I get ready for my trip.

thanks,
Hugh

Shunpiker

« Reply #1214 on: March 18, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
Dan, 50 yrs, construction, Wendell,NC. Just bought a 1998 1100EV.

Rob Morton

« Reply #1215 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:54 AM »
"Hi, I'm Hugh, I'm 48 years old (for another day) and live in Norther Virginia."

Welcome to Wildguzzi, so does that make it happy birthday today Hugh?

Rob

Bill Hagan

« Reply #1216 on: March 19, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »
Dan, 50 yrs, construction, Wendell,NC. Just bought a 1998 1100EV.

Welcome ... and great choice.

Is yours a hotdog & mustard one or one of the slower versions?   ;D

Seriously, all the EV livery choices were attractive.  Mine is just short of 100K miles.  Love it.  Could never sell it.

Bill

=============

Edited a few days later to add that I looked up that "shunpiker" handle.  New to me.  Interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunpiking

Thanks for education.

I am certainly a shunslabber, whether toll or free.   :D

Bill

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:31:38 PM by Bill Hagan »

Rick T.

« Reply #1217 on: March 19, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »

Hello...  My name is Rick.  I'm from California - between Sacramento and San Francisco.  I'm and avid cyclist and motorcyclist and have been riding now for over 30 years.  I'm retired Air Force and still serve in my capacity as a DoD civilian.  I curently work in healthcare marketing for a military hospital. I'm a long time Ducati and Aprilia guy, but have always admired Moto Guzzi and am pleased to say I recently aquired a '13 V7 Stone.  I LOVE this bike!  It's simple, fun, and capable.  It draws admiring nods and stares everywhere I go.  It's simply a joy to ride.  With that said, the first of a series of functional upgrades are coming.  If there were one thing to nitpick about this bike, it's the suspension.  Great for A to B, but when the pace starts to pick up - as I like to ride spiritedly on any machine I'm on - it's shortcomings become quite apparent.  With Marzocchi forks going away with the '13-up bikes, I'm left with a new kit from Mupo Italy which is a drop-in, no fuss, no ghetto fitting option for the Kaipa (gasp) forks.  Then the rear shocks to follow either in custom Ikons or Wilbers.  Many more fun miles and years to come.  ;-T

I look forward to learning as much as I can from the community and being a positive contributor.  Thanks all!

Offline hughtwg

• New Egg
« Reply #1218 on: March 19, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

Welcome to Wildguzzi, so does that make it happy birthday today Hugh?

Rob

Yes it does and only 107 days till I get to test ride my Guzzi!  :bike

ssscruz

« Reply #1219 on: March 19, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
About to acquire an '86 650 Lario as a project bike.  It has been garaged for 12 years (owned by a friend) and has some electrical issues and ran a bit rough the last time it ran.  I am an experienced bicycle mechanic, and have some experience working on my BMW R1100 GS.  Hoping to dig in and have some fun while appreciating the mechanical beauty...

Am I making a mistake? I see some posts about working on these that seem similar to many other type projects, and no complaints about extreme issues working on them, or getting parts...

Looking forward to talking with you all!

ssscruz

« Reply #1220 on: March 19, 2014, 11:51:34 PM »
By the way, my name is Scott, I live in Santa Cruz, CA.  Love road trips on two wheels, both human and petroleum powered. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Bluecab

• New Egg
« Reply #1221 on: March 20, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
Hi, David here.
Have had my Eldo since '89 and Daytona since '97
Former MGNOC member
On the Massachusetts/Rhode island border.
Both bikes have been semi dormant for a year or two
Trying to revive the Eldo first as it is my favorite, It's a former side hack rig with a 16" rear wheel and a 1000cc kit...
Glad to find the forum!

Bluecab

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #1222 on: March 20, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Hi Scott,

Classic bikes at 20.  :bow

Rob

I had a classic bike when I was 20 too.  It just took me until I was about 50 for it to become a classic.  Luckily I never sold that H2.

Greeting Scott, from another ME.  Good luck with your studies.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Jason416

• New Egg
« Reply #1223 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »
Hey all,

I'm Jason and I'm from Toronto up in Canada.  I got into bikes after learning how to ride my grandfather's moped and a cousin's scooter in Italy during a summer family trip to visit relatives in the mid 90s.  The moped was a 1980s Peugeot peddle start and the Vespa was a huge (from what I remember) late 70s/ early 80s kick start manual transmission in white.  I didn't discover Moto Guzzi until about 2004 when they came back to Canada.  My desktop picture on my work computer was a Breva 1100 for a while.

I'll be heading into my third season of riding with a 2013 V7 Stone that I'll be picking up in a week or two.  I think I'm really going to miss my first "learner" bike and the adventures but I honestly can't wait to get on the V7.

I just turned 35 and work in the hospitality industry so travelling is in the blood.  Add a motorcycle to some amazing roads in Ontario down to upstate NY and PA and to me, it's the stuff great summers are made of.  

It's been really fun and helpful reading all the posts from experienced owners and riders in the US and worldwide.  Looking forward to being a part of it.

Other adventure stuff that I'm enjoying:  skiing, kite surfing (trying), cars and just plain old road trips and travel.

Pics of my first and only Moto Guzzi item so far and my first bike, a 2011 Ninja 400r, just sold.  Looking forward to sharing a pic of the V7.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shuttertimes79/sets/72157642664401833
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:12:07 AM by Jason416 »

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #1224 on: March 20, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »
You buy the Marlboro Lemans from Maquokata Iowa?? You beat me out by mere minutes on the baby!! :D  Congratulations!! Enjoy her!!  Hope to see her and you at the Naional this July in Elkader Iowa.  First Scotch and Cigar is on me!! :BEER: :bike ;-T

HI Storm
     Yea,  I know that it could have been sold a dozen times over and felt lucky to get it.  I live in southern Ca so I probably won't make it to that national but who knows. 

Offline groundhog105

• Gosling
« Reply #1225 on: March 20, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »

Hey Bob you just missed a group ride Sunday that practically went past your house! Maybe next time.
 :bike

I would like to have ridden with you guys but was on my way back from Florida.  Rode out to attend bike week at Daytona and the AMA races.  Have always wanted to go there but would not do it again.  what a grind coming back.  I will watch out for the next ride.

Bob

slowpoke69

« Reply #1226 on: March 23, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »
Hey y'all, thought I'd finally introduce myself, being that I bought my 06 Breva 1100 on Valentines day.
My wife must at the very least like me, as we spent the looong day driving from S. Jersey to Weirton,  W.V. to pick her up. MISERABLE day too, w/the obvious exception.
Left at 4:30 am, home for dinner by 6:30, just another day at the office.
I say that because I'm a truck driver, actually I drive for US Foods, anyone in the industry knows food service delivery is a ballbuster!
 Anywho, I'm 47, don't usually own up to THAT, have 3 grown (somewhat) kids, 2 dogs, and a wife.
 So far I'm LOVIN' this bike, a bit odd at 1st, the whole rocking to the side when you hit the gas, VERY COOL though!
 It's such a blast to ride, I still have trouble keeping the front end down leaving from a rolling stop, so much torque right from the start.
 I'll post pix once my kids can help me figure out how, she's black on black,  side cases,  Givi screen,  just for a mental pic.

MjrWraith

Re: Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1227 on: March 23, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
Hey all not exactly new here but my previously busy schedule kept me away for awhile. So I figured I'd reintroduce myself:

Name: Seth

Occupation: Water Treatment Plant Operator for City of Amarillo, and motorcycle mechanic

Bikes: '75 Moto Guzzi 850 T-3, '99 BMW R1100RT, and an '84 Harley FLT

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Joe G

« Reply #1228 on: March 24, 2014, 02:26:26 AM »
Hello. Joe, Quilcene WA, retired.

Nice simple forum.

Purchased a 2013 V7 Stone recently. 127 trouble free miles, so far.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:56:14 AM by Joe G »

trumps

« Reply #1229 on: March 24, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
G'day all,
 Thanks for accepting me onto the forum, looks like a great bunch of people, and a wealth of knowledge!
I Finally got my first Guzzi, been wanting one for a long time now but life and other projects got in the way. I don't how the cafe'ing scene rubs with most of you guys, some don't like people messing with what the factory created, but i have always loved cafe racers, and last year rebuilt my old H1 Kwaka

After a fair bit of searching i have bought an 84 1000SP, she runs and rides beautifully, but is very ratty, the plan is to strip her down and give her the full teatment, After putting a couple of hundred km's on her i am wrapped with the Characteristics of the bike and its long legged gait, it will be the perfect counterpart to the Kwaka, and far more suited to the longer runs.
 The first requirements will include one of those sexy long Imola style tanks, and sorting out what will be needed to convert her to spoked wheels, once i have these sorted the job will be on ;) Looking forward to getting underway!

Cheers
Craig

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here