Author Topic: EICMA 2014 merged threadfest / MGX-21 merged bitchfest / MGX-21 gets-the-green-light  (Read 69738 times)

Penderic

A 1400 "Vaudace"with a normal headlight! Yay!  ;-T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWCwJwlEfYo

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:06:53 AM by Penderic »

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
A 1400 "Vaudace"with a normal headlight! Yay!  ;-T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWCwJwlEfYo

;-T
finally, someone realized that the cali 1400 need to looks more like a "classic" bike than a space shuttle.
NOW if they only will replace that butt ugly rear fender with a classic one and mount a straight long seat , v7 style , i am sure it will attract more buyers .

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
;-T
finally, someone realized that the cali 1400 need to looks more like a "classic" bike than a space shuttle.
NOW if they only will replace that butt ugly rear fender with a classic one and mount a straight long seat , v7 style , i am sure it will attract more buyers .

+1 from me!  That fender has gotta go!

Couldn't tell from the video, but it looks like a shorter wheelbase, more clearance than the 1400 Calis?
Might be an illusion tho - without all the garbage that hangs off the tourer it's hard to bring into perspective.

I like this Guzzi the best of any of their other offerings.  The V7 Scrambler is pretty in a couple of the variations, but not big enough for the type of riding I do, and the big Calis are just too long, too low and too phat for me.

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Penderic

The exhaust tips are attractive too!  :D

Wildguzzi.com

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero

This is the red they should paint the Norge instead of the current ugly root beer color.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline mojohand

• Gaggle Hero
Richmond, VA, USA
-----
2020 BMW R1250RS
-----
Previous: 2000 Jackal, 04 Breva 750, 06 Breva 1100, 07 Norge, 09 Griso, 12 Norge, 14 FJR, 14 Striple, 16 SpeedTriple, 18 KTM Super Adventure S

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
yawn..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
What the hell happened to my cali? I hope that image in my head goes away soon.

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
That's one seriously ugly abomination.  :P
Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
I need to see it from more angles. I don't HATE it... not sure I'm sold on it either.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
So they took my beloved California 1400 and made it look like a Victory Vision (shudder). It doesn't have any Italian-ness to it.

That said, I'm always happy to see that manufacturers are trying to do something new with the cruiser segment. Honda is leading the way with its weird parade of Goldwing-based cruisers, but at least they are looking at the future, not 1946.
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
Could this lead the way to a full faired Cali?   Was this some custom or from Mandello?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
Dang, I thought YOU had a new Guzzi! 

Lannis

Me too!

Since I couldn't see that picture I went to the MG USA page where I saw the black/red Griso. I've got to see that bike in person!

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
Strada Planata?  (Street Glide?)

Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
A new adventure into fugly. :drool barfing not drooling
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Seagondollar

• Gaggle Hero
  • Wake Forest, NC
That one strikes me like some of the amateurish cafe racers I see.  Incomplete.  Now the new Cali Eldorado at EICMA shows me something more.  

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/04/2015-moto-guzzi-california-audace-and-eldorado-cruiser-motorcycle-review-first-look-photos/

2002 BMW 330i
1988 Toyota MR2
1974 V7 Sport
1989 Le Mans 1000 (V) - � morto

Offline pmillar

• Gosling
Throw some white fenders on that and you have the descendant of my civilian eldo.  That's not a bad place to drawn inspiration from in my biased opinion.

(for clarification, if needed, I am talking about the pic directly above, NOT the original linked "thing")
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:28:56 AM by pmillar »
Ann Arbor, MI
'73 Eldorado
'97 TL1000S
'00 TTR250

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
I really hope this piece of junk harley wanna be it's NOT from Moto Guzzi , and it's just a "special" built from someone....i dont even want to know who..

I highly doubt in Mandello they will produce such a crappy bagger harley style, but you never know.

I know one thing : moto guzzi motorcycles do not have anything in common with HD , and that's the way it should be forever...and ever...and ever...

Moto

Nice photos!

Any Grisi in evidence for 2015?

Moto

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
I know one thing : moto guzzi motorcycles do not have anything in common with HD , and that's the way it should be forever...and ever...and ever...

No, you don't "know" that - you THINK that.

As a multi-time owner of both brands I'm of the strong opinion they share more similarities than not.

But a lot of Guzzi owners feel the need to return the BS elitism that is put forth by so many Harley owners and don't want to hear that.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
I really hope this piece of junk harley wanna be it's NOT from Moto Guzzi , and it's just a "special" built from someone....i dont even want to know who..

I highly doubt in Mandello they will produce such a crappy bagger harley style, but you never know.

I just hope that Moto Guzzi doesn't starve to death in the meantime.  

For years and years, they've been able to do things the stylish Italian way that we love so much, and that we (the Guzzisti) have spent so much of our money on.

But there aren't many of us.   We like bikes that we can RIDE, that perform, and that do it in the way we like.

Most of the motorcycle buying public is not like that.   SOME actually ride, and look for functionality and the kind of style THEY like, which might be Japanese or European or British or American.

But the great majority are non-riding, posing sheep, as you can see from the swarms of extended-swingarm sport bikes and the herds of look-alike cruisers bumbling around every sunny Sunday.

And if you don't sell to those guys, you don't sell anything, and it's hard to buy groceries with nothing, especially in Mandello del Lario ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Bill Havins

Okay, Phil.  Cal me dense (although I like "You're a taxi!" better).  Is this someone's concept bike, or something we'll soon see at our Guzzi dealer?

Personally I really, really like it.  8)

Bill

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Okay, Phil.  Cal me dense (although I like "You're a taxi!" better).  Is this someone's concept bike, or something we'll soon see at our Guzzi dealer?

Personally I really, really like it.  8)

Bill

It's the "Eldorado" being shown right now in Milan.  This bike is shown with leather accessories.

Supposedly, the "Eldorado 1400" will be added to the lineup soon:

http://www.eicma.it/en/2014/11/moto-guzzi-eldorado/

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Bill Havins

Thanks, Rocker.  I don't have much time to read - is that obvious?  We're running to the Gila Wilderness in the spring of '15.  I guess we'll take the EV.  But I'd really like to go on an Eldorado 1400.

Judy looked at Phil's photos and said, "Wow!  What is that?"  For those who can't translate "little old lady," that means, "Who do we make the check out to?"

We'll see...  I've gotten cold feet before...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:34:25 PM by Bill Havins »

Rumba

It's the "Eldorado" being shown right now in Milan.  This bike is shown with leather accessories.

Supposedly, the "Eldorado 1400" will be added to the lineup soon:

http://www.eicma.it/en/2014/11/moto-guzzi-eldorado/

it is way beautiful with its 18" wheels and standard tail light style.

:bow

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
No, you don't "know" that - you THINK that.

As a multi-time owner of both brands I'm of the strong opinion they share more similarities than not.

But a lot of Guzzi owners feel the need to return the BS elitism that is put forth by so many Harley owners and don't want to hear that.

In my garage i have both brands , guzzi and HD

what i meant to say is that Guzzi DOES NOT have to dress up like Harley to sell motorcycles !

The V7 sport its' a nice bike of his own , does not looks like a hd sportster.
The california bikes are bikes of their own , they do not look like HD touring .

That particular california with 21 inches front wheel and hard bags similar to the hd baggers looks too much like a harley not like a guzzi.

Do you understand what i see/mean ?

ciao !

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here