General Category > General Discussion

MIU3 for P8?

(1/7) > >>

ampm7:
Is the download on Guzzidiag for the P8 the MIU3? I at first thought I had the 15M on my '98 EV but it is the P8. Thanks...

guzzisteve:
A P8 will need a chip changed in it, it does not allow a download. You can make a chip to put in it with the correct equipment.

Kiwi_Roy:
Does it need a download, the 98 EV was pretty stable.
What are the symptoms?

ampm7:
The usual symptoms: In first and second partial throttle/decel it has a surge and backfire. Once you roll on there is not a problem especially once you get above 4,000 in 3rd and 4th. I have adjusted the trim screw in the aft position on the P8 computer and I increased the fuel flow and it helped to a certain extent but I would like to get it right. Maybe that is not possible, I may just have to live with it; as it will get me from point A to B in a very reliable fashion. But since I have the interface cable, I wanted to know what I could do...It would be especially advantageous regarding the TPS measurement to measure it from the computer than unplugging the connector and putting the multimeter probes in as this just measures voltage and not position of the sensor. Correct me if I am wrong.

Wayne Orwig:

--- Quote from: ampm7 on February 20, 2021, 04:38:48 PM ---The usual symptoms: In first and second partial throttle/decel it has a surge and backfire. Once you roll on there is not a problem especially once you get above 4,000 in 3rd and 4th. I have adjusted the trim screw in the aft position on the P8 computer and I increased the fuel flow and it helped to a certain extent but I would like to get it right. Maybe that is not possible, I may just have to live with it; as it will get me from point A to B in a very reliable fashion. But since I have the interface cable, I wanted to know what I could do...It would be especially advantageous regarding the TPS measurement to measure it from the computer than unplugging the connector and putting the multimeter probes in as this just measures voltage and not position of the sensor. Correct me if I am wrong.

--- End quote ---

?
Measuring the voltage IS the position of the sensor. That is all the P8 can do. Of course it is more convenient to just plug in the Diagnostic cable.

You don't need to download anything but GuzziDiag to use it. Anything else is for cooking a new map which in that case needs an EEPROM reader and writer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version