Author Topic: V65 rear master cylinder return pring  (Read 1067 times)

Offline chrisk

• Hatchling
V65 rear master cylinder return pring
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:06:08 AM »
I've just fitted a new rear master cylinder to a v65 but the lever isn't returning. I've replaced the bushes on the gear lever shaft so it is a little stiff but not so bad, and I'm sure it will loosen up.
Anyway, I've got a spring as per the pic, but this version of mcyl doesn't have a mount for the centre of the Spring. I seem to remember on an old v50 that the pivot that holds the lever extended by about 10mm on the right side as you look at the pic which is where the centre of the Spring was mounted.

I guess the question is can I get one of longer pins, which also needs to have the circlip ridge....?

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V65 rear master cylinder return pring
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:07:14 AM »
Ok, I should have gotten the real camera, but this crappy cell phone pic is taken from the top rear. You can see the hook under the brake arm. The other end of the spring hooks under the MC body. From memory  :rolleyes: the Lario is the same, but I don't want to pull the side cover to make sure.
I thought all these masters were the same, small block, big block, etc. I don't think I've ever seen what you have for a spring/pin combo.
2016-04-08_06-57-16 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline chrisk

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »
I think my picture is misleading, I'm holding the spring with my hand, and the thing that looks like it's going through the spring is actually the footrest below. From yours it looks like you do have a longer pin that the centre of the spring wraps around.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »
It certainly appears that way. <scratching head> I wonder why?
My precision tools are down in the shop, and I'm not still walking far, so you'll have to put up with a scale measurement.  :smiley: As nearly as I can tell, my pin is 34mm long, and held by an e ring on both ends.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here