Author Topic: Toy Run Tyler, TX  (Read 340 times)

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
Toy Run Tyler, TX
« on: December 05, 2022, 08:38:52 AM »
Perfect fall weather, temp 60, greeted the 200 plus riders that gathered at the square in downtown Tyler for the 37th Annual Toy Run. A lady was wearing a blue leather jacket and I had on a long sleeve blue Moto Guzzi t shirt from MPH Cycle. I guess you could say we were outstanding compared to all the black leather and denim. At 2 PM the LOUD roar was off for the 20 mile ride to the LongRiders M/c clubhouse for the chili feed. Have you tried starting your Guzzi in a loud roar.? You need to check the dash lights or feel the motor to know if your bike is running.

I didn't think you'd still be alive said a gal I hadn't seen in 10 years. She had a sewing shop set up in a big bike shop when I came in one day to get a new tire put on. She said your tire is in bad shape. I told her that I usually catch them earlier so I can send them down to Belize to get em recapped. She said I'm going to pray for you!

Lots of changes in the 50 plus years I've been going to Toy Runs. No chase vehicles anymore. In the old days one or two rescue trailers were needed. Some other Guzzi riders and I'd ride in the back of a huge ride and count the amount of bikes that were broke down and the amount of junk that fell off bikes on a 30 mile ride.

A good day.
Tex

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Toy Run Tyler, TX
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 11:31:41 AM »
Sounds like a nice ride, Tex. After going on a few same types of rides, I noticed most of the bikes that needed trailer rescue, were the custom builds, from the "orange county choppers" era. It seems alot of those "special construction" bikes, were not put together very well. The factory build bikes were/are much more reliable. Maybe thats why you see less chase vehicles these days.
Rick.D.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:07:27 PM »
From the Turnip:
Have you tried starting your Guzzi in a loud roar.?
Had owned my T-3 for a month when I took it to the Wichita Toy Run with around 1,200 bikes. I was having starting problems (ended up being poor coils) and yes trying to start up when you can't hear a thing but straight pipe H-Ds is challenging.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
I started at the end of the toy run in Springfield, Mo. yesterday. They had a good turn out, I just couldn't convince myself pulling a clutch lever 10,000 times in 8 miles was a good idea. But donating a toy was!  :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 08:18:21 PM »
I have a couple of riding buddies in Tyler: Dutch, Jay and Ellie.  Give 'em my best.  We used to ride to the Ozarks.  I only crashed once keeping up Jay but he's crashed on his own too. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here