Author Topic: Stelvio Heavy Duty Springs / Cartridge Kits?  (Read 327 times)

Offline 3rdWheel

• New Egg
Stelvio Heavy Duty Springs / Cartridge Kits?
« on: June 02, 2023, 09:08:53 PM »
Hey Guzzistas,

Hope all is well. I am looking for advice re: a heavy-duty front-end upgrade.

I am not a featherweight @230# and ride my 2013 Stelvio (have had it for 3 years) on and off road pretty hard. During the cold season, I ride it with a fairly heavy sidecar. The front end has always been soft and recently started to bottom out.

It's time to replace the springs and the cartridges. What are the best toughest heavy-duty model-specific options out there?

I looked at Ohlins and Progressive, but they have nothing made specifically for a Stelvio or Moto Guzzis for that matter.

Bring it.

Thank you,

T

Offline coast range rider

• Hatchling
Re: Stelvio Heavy Duty Springs / Cartridge Kits?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 10:58:36 AM »
Matris F20 Fork Cartridge Kit is perhaps what you are looking for (best?). I have no personal experience with these.

Andreani has a setup for over 200 lbs. Good bang for the buck and huge improvement over original equipment. I'm still happy with 40,000 miles of use.

Andreani: Equipped with a sophisticated control system and hydraulic piston ø 20 mm with increased oil passage holes, and adjustable in compression, rebound and spring preload springs are provided which are chosen based on the weight before buying and the driving style of the driver.
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

Offline 3rdWheel

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 09:01:15 PM »
 :thumb: Thank you Coast Range Rider! Did tons of preliminary research in the last couple of days and got these two on my list. Are Andreanis a simple drop in install or is there any additional fitment necessary? Thanks again.

Matris F20 Fork Cartridge Kit is perhaps what you are looking for (best?). I have no personal experience with these.

Andreani has a setup for over 200 lbs. Good bang for the buck and huge improvement over original equipment. I'm still happy with 40,000 miles of use.

Andreani: Equipped with a sophisticated control system and hydraulic piston ø 20 mm with increased oil passage holes, and adjustable in compression, rebound and spring preload springs are provided which are chosen based on the weight before buying and the driving style of the driver.

Offline coast range rider

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 05:41:26 PM »
Yes, I would call the Andreanis a simple drop in install. But I remember it was a struggle to compress the spring enough to get the fork cap threads started.
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 05:41:26 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here