Author Topic: LM3 Headlight fairing rubbing to lower, Normal???  (Read 502 times)

Offline GuzziFuria

• New Egg
LM3 Headlight fairing rubbing to lower, Normal???
« on: August 01, 2021, 11:59:42 AM »
Ciao Tutti,

LM3 headlight fairing, lower right hand side is rubbing against side mid panel when completely turning steering to the right (to left no problem it clears)...

Also same side mid panel, will also further rub against RH fork tube, just above lower triple tree...

Is this normal ??  A typical factory non bothering  "Doesn't matter since when riding you will never turn the steering that far anyways"

After thoroughly looking, there doesn't seem anyway to adjust either mid panel nor headlight fairing for clearance...

Molto Grazie
Carlito

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
Re: LM3 Headlight fairing rubbing to lower, Normal???
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 01:28:08 PM »
Although I no longer have a LM3, I do recall some adjustment to the fairing, as well as the air foils. If you loosen all of the air foil fasteners, but don’t remove them, you will find some” play in their position. IIRC, that gives you the opportunity to adjust them.

If this does not solve the issue, remove the fairing itself, and try to adjust the mounting bracket. Again, just going from memory.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 01:52:17 PM by sdcr »
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 03:07:48 PM »
The only thing on mine that rubbed a bit was the rubber flap all the way to the right. There are rubber spacers on the bar that hold the wings where the widehead screw goes in. Maybe someone put a thicker one on RH side.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline GuzziFuria

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:57:46 PM »
Although I no longer have a LM3, I do recall some adjustment to the fairing, as well as the air foils. If you loosen all of the air foil fasteners, but don’t remove them, you will find some” play in their position. IIRC, that gives you the opportunity to adjust them.

If this does not solve the issue, remove the fairing itself, and try to adjust the mounting bracket. Again, just going from memory.

Thanks John, will try it out and play with it...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:57:46 PM »

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 06:27:08 AM »

Yeah, I've got an LMIVSE and had to do the same thing but it was 10 years ago so I don't exactly recall what I did to resolve the rubbing issue.
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here