Author Topic: 37th Annual GRIT RALLY  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
37th Annual GRIT RALLY
« on: August 31, 2021, 10:34:06 AM »
The 37th annual FREE GRIT Rally is Friday, October 1 through Sunday, October 3 with the main event being on Sunday.   It will be in Lindale, TX at 15093 County Road 431.  All meals are included from Friday evening to Sunday lunch.  Camp onsite or stay in a nearby motel.  There is plenty to see and do and some great rides mapped out.  Come meet some new Guzzi riders and visit with old friends.  This is a family & dog friendly event.

Call or text me for more information.  If I don't answer the phone, please leave a message so I can call you back, otherwise, I may not even know you called! 903.316.7720.  Let me know if you can come, or might be able to come! (I don't have a computer at my house and I don't have a smart phone that can get on the internet, so I may not be able to respond to questions on WG immediately!)

As always, this rally is supported by 50/50 ticket sales and your generous donations!  If you have any unwanted or unused motorcycle related items sitting around the house collecting dust, bring them for door prizes! 

In case of rain, we can move inside!

Beaver
Georganne Foster

MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
Re: 37th Annual GRIT RALLY
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
It's only one county over for me, but alas, I will be out of town that weekend. I really hate that I can't make it.  Hopefully next time.

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:59:54 PM »
It's only one county over for me, but alas, I will be out of town that weekend. I really hate that I can't make it.  Hopefully next time.

In Kansas one county away would be like 30 or 40 miles. What is it like in Texas 300 miles?  I would love to make it to the GRIT but not in the cards. Maybe some will make it to Talimena
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Offline RHAT

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »
In Kansas one county away would be like 30 or 40 miles. What is it like in Texas 300 miles?  I would love to make it to the GRIT but not in the cards. Maybe some will make it to Talimena
Google maps says 47 miles from my house.  I would ride the ambo if I could go.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 08:15:26 PM »

I'm about 10 - 15 miles from 2 other counties!  There are 254 counties in TX, so most of them aren't huge.  However, one of them in west Texas is larger than the state of Connecticut!
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 08:17:25 PM »
Google maps says 47 miles from my house.  I would ride the ambo if I could go.

RHAT, you're close. What town are you in?
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 08:45:57 PM »
I just looked it looks like I could do three states five counties in just about 75 mile round trip. I'll try it sometime a report back
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 09:14:32 PM »
Sulpher S's

Dusty

Yeah, that is close.  SS is on my way anywhere up north OK, CV....

I like to take my grandkids to the Cow Museum (Southwest Dairy Museum) and then go to the courthouse square where they like to use the restrooms!  They're the kind of mirrored glass where you can see out, but not in! Good places to eat on the downtown square.  I used to do some work in a mobile unit at the hospital there too.

Not my picture, found on internet:

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 06:23:05 AM »
Get to meet some of the "big dawgs" in Guzzi mileage as Randy Tefft is coming in from NH and two more are coming in from Vancouver, WA. I sho nuff hope the word doesn't get out about how far it is for me :grin:

Tex

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
Get to meet some of the "big dawgs" in Guzzi mileage as Randy Tefft is coming in from NH and two more are coming in from Vancouver, WA. I sho nuff hope the word doesn't get out about how far it is for me :grin:

Tex

Hey Tex, you mind if I tell everyone you've won the Golden Turnip Award for the shortest mileage ridden to the rally?

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Beowulf

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 11:07:23 AM »
I have to check my schedule but hoping to make it. I really enjoyed this last time and I need a few new Tshirts. Anyone know if Dave of Galveston fame is coming?

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 08:37:46 PM »
Richard said that he would be going in from AZ.  I can't.  I burned up my vacation leave.  :embarrassed:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2021, 07:21:42 PM »
Here is some trivia for y'all,. Originally it was going to be called GOAT. Guzzi Owners Association Texas. My good friend, the late Dan Standee, out voted me and decided on GRIT.

Tex

Offline CharlieW

• Hatchling
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 07:12:56 AM »
Maybe go for Long Distance 2 Up ?

02 STONE

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »
Maybe go for Long Distance 2 Up ?

You reckon those two could tell some BS? My friend Oleo (she is a cheap spread that works the parking lot at the truck stop) said she was putting the picture in the ladies restroom!

Tex

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 02:20:56 PM »
 :grin: 

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »
Awwwwkk.  MotoGP weekend, I'll be otherwise occupied.

Jack down near Austin.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 07:26:20 AM »
Awwwwkk.  MotoGP weekend, I'll be otherwise occupied.

Jack down near Austin.

Jack,
October is a busy month for rallies after a long hot summer. The GRIT rally was originally on different Sundays in Oct. No matter what Sunday was selected it was in conflict with something so the big time promoters in their penthouse suites in Bug Tussle, TX said to always make it the first Sunday in October.

Tex

Offline bettythebear

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »
I also reckon that the percentage of MG riders who care about MotoGP is a bit lower than some other brands fanpeople. If the rally were the same weekend as the Harvest Classic, that would be two events too closely related for the same weekend.
2011 MG v7 Classic
2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Offline twowings

• Gosling
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
Simply purchase a part-season subcription to MotoGP and you can watch the races from the pool at the rally with an adult beverage in hand OR you can watch the race or any MotoGP race from years past anytime you have a free moment.

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Team Corse dal Delerium all'Oblivion
Moto Guzzi - 100 Anni Di Autentica Passione

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
Simply purchase a part-season subcription to MotoGP and you can watch the races from the pool at the rally with an adult beverage in hand OR you can watch the race or any MotoGP race from years past anytime you have a free moment.

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

I work at COTA (part time) and for whatever their reasons don't allow us adult beverages while working. Write them a letter for me, will ya?
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 05:09:19 AM »
There will be FREE coffee and other refreshments at the GRIT rally, but Starbucks is only 4 miles away in case you need a double frappa crappa mocha blah bla.

For grits and giggles look up Bug Tussle, TX on google and you will find a picture of the town. Someone told me how easy it was to post the picture and I told him how easy it was to shift a two stick 20 speed forward and four in reverse Mack truck.

Tex

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2021, 12:39:38 PM »

Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2021, 06:03:17 AM »

Thanks for posting the pictures SmithSwede.

Note the name of the town is on the second story of the only remaining building in Bug Tussle. The Bug Tussle signs always disappeared when they were posted on the highway.

Beaver has a number of route sheets for riders to explore beautiful East Texas.
Tex

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2021, 08:34:08 AM »
Well, the weatherman is on our side!  Last night on the news, he said he had ordered perfect weather for the upcoming 37th annual GRIT rally!  A cold front will be coming in on Wednesday, keeping the highs in the 70s and the lows in the 50s! No mention of rain!  So come on out and enjoy the beautiful weather! There's plenty of things to do and see in East Texas.  You have your choice of about 10 - 15 scenic routes I have mapped out or you can just take off on your own and explore. There's plenty of places to sleep - dance studio, garage, house, or yard (futon, 2 couches, 3 beds, floors, your cots/sleeping bags/tents.)

See you soon!

Beaver
903-316-7720 (leave message)

p.s.  I can smell that banana split bread baking all the way from Ken's house to mine!  I might have to pay him a visit!   :wink:
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2021, 01:43:15 PM »
 :thumb:  The PHX, AZ rep. should be showing up.   :grin:

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 05:59:21 AM »
Under the cover of darkness I snuck over to Beaver's home last night and found her ironing on the logo for the Guzzi rally t-shirts. Looking mighty fine! OK, I'm prejudiced. She offered to give me one(am I special :wink:) to wear to todays Guzzi lunch at Brisket Love on the outskirts of Lindale.

Tex

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:20 AM »
Well, the GRIT rally will be here before you know it - just 1 week away! (Oct 1 - 3)  We need rain and lots of it before then or we may have a burn ban.  Everything is so dry.  Other than that, the weather's been great, cool nights & warm days.  Come hungry cuz all meals are provided and there will be plenty of in-between-meal snacks sitting around tempting you! If you don't ride anymore, feel free to come in your car/truck/camper!  You won't be the only one not on a bike!  It's always nice to sit and visit with friends. Hope to see you there!

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 08:12:59 AM »
Well, the GRIT rally is just right around the corner so start packin' your bags!  There will be several long distance riders arriving soon so come and meet 'em.  East Coast, West Coast, desert, and mountains will be represented.  Come give 'em a great big Texas welcome!

Beaver

Timothy Barlow pulled in From Vancouver, WA last week and Randy T pulled in last night from Keene, NH. They will stay here until the GRIT Rally that starts Friday.

Randy T Rocon fame for going coast to coast on one. Amazing! Also, he has many long distance awards. A number of years we are sitting here in the kitchen at the Oleo Ranch when he said only 500 miles to go and I'll have 100K on the Quota. I said, "lets go." So we run all around rural roads here in the piney woods of East Texas until we got back here with all 9's on the odometer.

Timothy Barlow 4 time Four Corners tour rider Five time 3 Three Flags finisher. Ha he asked me if I had any bike washing supplies. I told him I had the same ones that he used two years ago and they were in the same spot.

Enjoyable visiting with old friends,
Tex
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here