Author Topic: V7 850 trouble in paradise  (Read 10089 times)

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V7 850 trouble in paradise
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2022, 07:26:18 PM »
Just an FYI, my V85 experience was Piaggio has finally stepped up their game and appears to be doing a good job with warranty / customer service. Warning though, don't bring it in with aftermarket exhaust or maps.
All things considered, that’s probably fair enough.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:27:59 PM by Huzo »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2022, 12:26:27 PM »
If anyone is interested in the MIU G3 looks like and does (ECU, throttle body, etc.), there is some good info here:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.guzzitek.org/documents/injection/ECU_MIU-G3_Training.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiV1_XNsuf0AhU3GTQIHYUuCf4QFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw1JMaG9Br6_xlDrZPm5Knwu

Cheers,
Shaun
Thanks for posting that manual
I do note they still don't show the second coil in the starter solenoid, what is wrong with those guys?
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2022, 02:21:54 PM »
Only felt right to post where it all started. AF1 reached out today ( stellar customer service) and informed me it is indeed the ECU that has been misbehaving and will be covered under warranty.

I’m honestly thrilled that AF1 got on the problem so fast and that it’s going to be fixed. Warranty is coming in handy and Piaggio has been really decent about the whole thing according to both dealers. I miss that motorcycle terribly. I’m afraid it’s quite a love affair.

What did I miss?  Last update was neutral switch replaced and bike running great.  Did you bring to AF1 just to reaffirm repairs or did it crap out again?  Thanks.  Great thread, by the way.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline Beowulf

• Gosling
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2022, 05:27:22 PM »
It crapped out bad. So Af1 meet me in Houston to pick the bike up and DaveDel helped me out big time trailering it to Houston. It started revving up for no reason and not acting right. Af1 is replacing the ecu as it’s determined to be faulty.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2022, 05:27:22 PM »

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here