Author Topic: Splurge  (Read 856 times)

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Splurge
« on: December 29, 2021, 03:50:48 PM »
I just pushed the button on something I’ve wanted for decades - an Aerostich riding suit.  I ordered the two piece Transit leather combo.  I can’t wait to get it and try it on.  It’s a big hit on my bank account.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline SoCV

• Hatchling
Re: Splurge
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 04:00:06 PM »
 That's the leather stuff , right ? Yes , pricey no doubt , but the best .

Dusty
Almost 900,000 in a little over 8 years in two .

RIP Mike Prentice

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 04:12:04 PM »
I just pushed the button on something I’ve wanted for decades - an Aerostich riding suit.  I ordered the two piece Transit leather combo.  I can’t wait to get it and try it on.  It’s a big hit on my bank account.

For cold, wet weather climates, like back East...they tell me they are "THE BEST." :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :wink:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 04:17:24 PM »
I too finally bit the bullet and bought myself a two piece riding suit that I had been wanting for years but couldn't convince myself to to. Easily one of the best decisions I ever made and regretted not doing it sooner. And yes, it was a Transit suit also. It is a wonderful suit. Easy to get in and out of. Super comfortable. Mine is sized on the tight side as I only wear shorts and a tee shirt underneath. But in temps between 60 to 100 f That is all I need. Between 40 and 60 f I wear two thin layers of long johns and am still comfortable.
You won't be disappointed in the purchase.

Skippy
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »
Hmmm, can't wait to hear / see more! Keep us posted Ben.

Steve M

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »
Congrats, Ben! I've been an Aerostich guy for years and always happy with the stuff. The Transit outfit is like a dream because of the expense. So cool that you could do it!

Offline jrt

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
Aerostich does make a good, durable suit.  I really like my road crafter and I am sure you will enjoy your Transit.  I've ridden it in -15 F and in monsoons-  it has never let me down.
L-720
1973 Eldorado
2003 Yardbird (1100 hydro)
2020 R1250RS

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 07:56:06 PM »
Congratulations on the purchase!!!! :thumb: I've daydreamed about that suit :drool:...even contemplated riding up there to ensure the fit given the price. You've GOT to report back.
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 12:47:00 PM »
So the suit came in last week. I’m 6’1 something, weigh 215 and have wide shoulders.  I spoke with the rep for a while while measuring and ordered a 48 regular jacket 42 regular pants. They were way too big. I sent them back to the tune of $77.00 shipping and insurance (I’m not complaining. aerostich pays the shipping my way).  After another call, they sent me a 46 regular jacket and 36 regular pants.  They fit very well, and there is just enough room inside the jacket for a tee shirt and a fleece.  The pants have just enough room for a pair of pants, but it is snug.  I envision mostly riding with a tee shirt and shorts or skivvies.

The quality is really great and they look fantastic. They are pretty heavy and according to the kitchen sink very waterproof. I’ve been wearing them around the house and on dog walks to try to break them in. I think it will be a while.

Lastly, I went online and ordered iron-on laundry tags with my name and cell number. I’m going to put them in the suit, my old Schott jacket and my good gloves.  Maybe I can put them in my helmet liners. Can’t hurt.

and 46 long jacket 36 regular pants
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

bobrebos

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 11:32:11 AM »
Congrats!  Nice purchase!  I just ordered new windows and exterior doors for my house so that’s where my riding suit money is.  Lol

Online Johncolleary

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 07:37:14 PM »
I finally got a stitch last fall and love it. 
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." �Groucho Marx
2013 Stelvio NTX
2014 Triumph Tiger 800
2001 Suzuki DR400
2023 Kawasaki KLX300

Online chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 06:06:17 AM »
I bought a beat to shit two piece at a bmw riders swap day…

Guzzi content….Repaired two zippers for $100. That was about 20 years ago….still a beat to sh!t two piece but with 1000’s of dollars of gas money

So jealous you can get that Transit, omg
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Online BRG-BIRD

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 07:19:43 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase! I don’t have the pants but I love the Transit jacket and can attest it is waterproof and will not absorb much if any water. You are going to love your suit IMO

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here