Author Topic: Givi part  (Read 696 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
Givi part
« on: March 30, 2022, 09:16:49 AM »
I got a response from Givi saying a part I need to repair a broken mount on my Givi bag is NLA. Open request to any Givi dealer who might have one NOS, please contact me. Part # is  "Z101". It's a plastic part of the latch that holds the bag on the mount.

THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Givi part
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 10:03:35 AM »
Maybe something Nate Jones could 3D print?
Charlie

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:27:26 AM »
Charlie, an idea...but I don't know what types of material can be 3-d printed. This part seems to be some kind of tough reinforced plastic, (obviously not tough enough!)
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
Why not ask if anyone has any Monokey complete bags they want to sell?  I did a few years ago and got a set of three one with the passenger back pad for $75.00. I now have GIVI monokey bags and parts for a lifetime  :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 12:55:03 PM »
GJ,
Yea I thought abut that. But these cases have some age on them. In my query to Givi I asked to ID the model, but that wasn't answered. They are similar to E36NA 36L, perhaps an earlier version? (see pix) Anyway, I don't want to spend the $$ for an "orphan" case, that might not use the identical part

THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »
Maybe something Nate Jones could 3D print?

Someone on this list?  I need to have a little plastic piece made for the license plate on my 1000S provided I can get an owner to lend me the piece.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 02:26:55 PM »
GJ,
Yea I thought abut that. But these cases have some age on them. In my query to Givi I asked to ID the model, but that wasn't answered. They are similar to E36NA 36L, perhaps an earlier version? (see pix) Anyway, I don't want to spend the $$ for an "orphan" case, that might not use the identical part

Have you done much riding with that setup? Reason I ask, I bought a set of GIVI's in Ohhhhh, 1989 and put them on my CX 100 with BUB mufflers and rode from KC to Abeline, Ks. and melted the bag to my drawers inside. I had to go commando that week at work  :angry:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 02:47:47 PM »
Those are E35 bags, also came as an E28.i forget which is what but...the E36/E45 style interchange by using different bases and the lids are the same. Pr vice versa.  The E28/E36 are the opposite

I think I may have the piece you're looking for.  Won't be able to look for it for a couple weeks yours for shipping if I do.
Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 04:01:56 PM »
Someone on this list?  I need to have a little plastic piece made for the license plate on my 1000S provided I can get an owner to lend me the piece.

No, Nate is just a mutual friend of Ron and I. If you find the part you need copied, PM or message me and I'll give you Nate's contact info.
Charlie

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
No, Nate is just a mutual friend of Ron and I. If you find the part you need copied, PM or message me and I'll give you Nate's contact info.

Thanks Charley.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here