Author Topic: Original seat V7 Sport = chances?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline wicks

• Gosling
Original seat V7 Sport = chances?
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »
What are my chances of finding an original V7 Sport seat (not a repro), just cover or the whole thing...
---
'77 LM1 / '93 1000s / '73 V7 Sport / '06 Ducati Paul Smart  / '73 Porsche 911s / '94 Porsche 964 Turbo / '94 Defender 90

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Original seat V7 Sport = chances?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »
Slim to none.  And Slim's outta town.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
You never know - a customer gave me one last year. No, I don't still have it, sorry.
Charlie

canuck750

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
I have been lucky enough to find a couple over the past couple years, both are now on V7 Sports (sorry not for sale), keep an eye on German Ebay and you may want to get in touch with Guzzi Stephan in Germany and ask him to look for one for you.

http://www.guzzi-stephan.de/

Moe at Cycle Garden sells repro covers.

German Ebay has listed repro covers and foam in the past (but not currently) and I have used both.

Eventually everything turns up on Ebay some where in the world, patience is your friend.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline wicks

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »
Thanks so much. Extending my wish list for original parts:

- Original seat, or just seat cover in new or excellent condition
- Original chrome oil caps/bolt/plugs
- Original set of 4 european spec turn signal blinkers
- Original headlight securing bolts (maybe I can find the correct ones somewhere? parts book only shows the whole unit)
---
'77 LM1 / '93 1000s / '73 V7 Sport / '06 Ducati Paul Smart  / '73 Porsche 911s / '94 Porsche 964 Turbo / '94 Defender 90

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 04:26:53 PM »
Thanks so much. Extending my wish list for original parts:

- Original seat, or just seat cover in new or excellent condition
- Original chrome oil caps/bolt/plugs
- Original set of 4 european spec turn signal blinkers
- Original headlight securing bolts (maybe I can find the correct ones somewhere? parts book only shows the whole unit)

Moe @ Cycle Garden has seat covers, also Eric Hjeltness (spelling?). Some info. for Eric at this link:
http://www.s3750motoguzzi.co.uk/links/links.html

I replace the chrome 10 mm drain/level plugs with stainless ones I make from bolts. 20 mm fill/drain plugs I have rechromed.
Charlie

canuck750

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
I am reproducing another batch of V7 Sport / 750S front signal light brackets. The stock ones used a separate screw in hollow stud 12mm x 1.25, I am making a batch if these and another bunch using the Aprilia stems (exact same length and diameter that have the threaded extension to accept the Aprilia cast signal lights.

I had the oval brackets water jet cut from 3mm plate steel and turned down 16mm tube to the correct 15mm diameter and cut in female 12 x 1.25 threads, I will be sending these off for chrome plating in a week or two.

My price per piece (each) is $40 USD. If you want some you can pm me and reserve a pair.

I may be making up another batch of the rear brackets but don't have any spare pieces right now.

The signal lights for the Euro spec are the high quality Aprilia units that Ducati used as well, a good pair of these typically sell for $100 USD if you can find them, unfortunately I don't have any extras to spare. These show up on German Ebay quite often. The orange Aprilia lens are very hard to find.

Here is a picture of the V7 Sport at the museum in Mandelo, nothing special about the bolt holding the head light

Drain plugs where chrome plated, send yours to a reputable shop to get them replated

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:39:29 PM by canuck750 »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »
OEM seat.  Good luck and keep searching.  Mine's still attached to my bike and not for sale.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
As you can see, OEM parts for these bike will cost ya $$$ (if you can find 'em).
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

canuck750

Offline wicks

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
Ahh, so much candy here...and thanks for the links...

got to think about...would happily pay for an original set of blinkers...but complete, don't want to end up with half the set and then need to keep shopping for 2 years to complete...
---

canuck750

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 05:43:07 PM »
I have four Lucas type signal lights I am removing from my 750S rebuild project, I could mate these up a repro set of front and rear brackets if you like, this would be correct for a North American V7 Sport.

The cost of this set up would be much less than trying to get four original Aprilia cast signal units. PM me if you are interested in the Lucas type set. If you have your heart set on Aprilia units I would recommend you buy them when you can find them (like the link I sent) and then use a set of repro brackets.

Offline jagwillie

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 11:35:43 AM »
I have an original V7 Sport seat, has cover, foam, and the pan. The forward part of the pan is rusty, the back half is usable. The cover and the foam could be used for patterns as well as the rusty front. I bought another seat pan (not V7) to get the front part from it and section the V7 seat, I think that will yield a solid seat. If this works for you then I would sell it.
Bill Bassett
1973 Eldorado
2009 V7C Wife's bike, "Pearl"
2010 Kawasaki Concours/Hannigan HP Sidecar
2016 BMW R1200RS
1983 BMW R100CS
Seeley MK III Goldstar 600
1951 Velocette Alloy Mac (wife's bike)
1966 Velocette Venom

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here