Author Topic: Anyone by Ransomville, NY?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Anyone by Ransomville, NY?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »
Glad it got saved from the goofballs. Just cleaning it would be a better idea of what you got. Good Luck on it.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2022, 01:19:59 PM »
The only parts I'd be concerned with are the forks.  The pitting on the chrome looks superficial.  You might get away with just cleaning them off and checking with a file to smooth out.  Good luck!   :thumb:  What did you get the bike for and did you buy direct from the owner or the shop?
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2022, 06:15:44 AM »
Nice!!  And at least you know after the clean up, you need to pull the tank, and remove the air filter/mouse house. then pull the throttle bodys!!! That part of the diag is done for you, but it SURE would have been less effort to check the aircleaner first. Good luck, and hope you get her back into shape.
Paul B

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2022, 06:58:30 AM »
Good score! Bet it cleans up well. Let us know if the mouse swarf penetrated the air filter element and got into the throttle bodies. I suspect that it hasn't.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2022, 06:58:30 AM »

Offline Mike Tashjian

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »
Some 0000 steel wool should clean up the forks.  The rims should be checked closer as they were prone to rusting inside.  My Stone barely see water and I have chased interior rim rust at tire changing. 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2022, 03:12:26 PM »
Good score! Bet it cleans up well. Let us know if the mouse swarf penetrated the air filter element and got into the throttle bodies. I suspect that it hasn't.
Larry
Look at the video, they start it w/fluid and suck it in, then look at the TB's and it's full of airfilter. It started on the start fld so it's down inside deep.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 08:48:16 AM »
Didn't see that part of the video. Well, that will be fun to clean out... The mouse nests I have found have always been in the outer part of the airbox. Never seen them chew through an air filter element. Guess I can't make that statement anymore.
I bought a Tundra in January from upstate NY. Drove it 300 miles home and found the airbox packed solid with mouse nest, complete with a mummified mouse. Very surprised that the truck ran at all. The mice didn't chew though the element though.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here