Author Topic: IMPORTANT UPDATE! Read!! March's Tn., Ga. NC etc Meet and Greet Lunch  (Read 3749 times)

bobrebos

I was just notified by Two Wheels of Suches that they are not serving food on Friday and Saturday evening.  My buddy’s bike also broke down on our way so I’m not going to be able to make it this weekend unless we get it running. Now I broke down after giving him a jump with my guzzi.  40 amp fuse was blown, replaced it and nothing when I hit the starter.   Fuel injected and he flooded his.  This trip was not meant to be for me.  Please to those who still want to go...go and eat lunch at 12 noon on Saturday! 

March's Guzzi Meet and Greet. Will be 21 March 2020 at 12:00 noon at Two Wheels of Suches motorcycle campground. I will be staying there from Friday to Sunday if anybody wants to join me for the weekend, otherwise for lunch we will meet on Saturday 21 March at 12:00 noon at the main lodge/cafeteria there at Two Wheels of Suches.

Please message me or post on here if you are planning on coming for the weekend or for lunch please so I can get a rough idea on numbers.  Hope some of you come by. Ride safe.  :bike-037:

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:15:38 PM by bobrebos »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: March's Tn., Ga. NC etc Meet and Greet Lunch
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:59:28 AM »
Planning on it.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 05:14:28 PM »
I’ll put in for a day off. Hopefully I can make it.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »
Putting it on my calendar.  This work travel has to break at some point. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »

Offline sidmonsters

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »
Dang, we'll just miss you.  My wife, son and I are again trailering the bikes down to the area for our spring break--we had a blast riding and exploring out of Dahlonega last year.  We're shifting a bit eastward to access Asheville this year, and looking forward to it.  Saturday is travel day from Northeast Ohio.
Steve
I intend to live forever.  So far, so good....
2013 Stelvio NTX
2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan
2007 Vespa 250ie

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 10:39:14 AM »
If the weather is nice , I'll either bring the wife or a tent  (never the two at the same time  :laugh:)  and meet ya for lunch and a ride !  :azn:    Let's pray for nice weather !   :grin:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:41:29 AM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

bobrebos

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 05:29:10 PM »
Bumpity Bump.  Hope you all can make it for lunch on Saturday 21st at noon.  Il be there for the weekend.  Hoping for decent weather and so far it looks good!   :bike-037:

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »
It's on the calendar and a kitchen pass has been obtained for the weekend.  Now work must cooperate...

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »
Right now it looks like my time in FL comes to an end on the 19th. If the weather looks good I will plan to detour that way before heading home. Since I am sleeping in the back of my truck I will need to find a camp spot nearby. Looks like many campgrounds don't open until April.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 06:40:11 AM »
Right now it looks like my time in FL comes to an end on the 19th. If the weather looks good I will plan to detour that way before heading home. Since I am sleeping in the back of my truck I will need to find a camp spot nearby. Looks like many campgrounds don't open until April.

I'm sure Two Wheels of Suches will let you truck camp on site.  I believe there's one  spot with hookups, but they let people stay in toy haulers over in the parking lot.  They open this weekend I think so just send them a note.

bookings@twowheelsofsuches.com

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

bobrebos

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
It's on the calendar and a kitchen pass has been obtained for the weekend.  Now work must cooperate...

Good luck with the work schedule.  Hope to see you there.  Hoping weather behaves too!

bobrebos

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »

Hope you can make it.  You should be able to truck camp at Suches as Ive seen other people do it before in years past. 

bobrebos

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
Dang, we'll just miss you.  My wife, son and I are again trailering the bikes down to the area for our spring break--we had a blast riding and exploring out of Dahlonega last year.  We're shifting a bit eastward to access Asheville this year, and looking forward to it.  Saturday is travel day from Northeast Ohio.
Steve

Enjoy your trip!  Ride safe.   :bike-037:

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 10:41:07 AM »
Bob, will the Mrs. be there? Lisa's inquiring and trying to get off work.

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »
Bob, will the Mrs. be there? Lisa's inquiring and trying to get off work.

No, she is staying home to watch the dogs, and to have some nice quiet alone time away from me.  lol.  Shes up in Wisconsin right now and wont be back until next week.  Then she has to get ready for a bicycle trip in Texas scheduled for end of month I guess.  So il be riding in to Suches  with the guy whos Kawasaki Nomad I just fixed. Wonder if the Guzzi will run ok riding along with a Kawasaki.  lol.  That's nice of your wife to ask about Peggy thoug.  Very nice of her.  Hope you can make it to Suches.  Have a geat week.   :bike-037:   

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 11:16:03 AM »
 Sounds like we just need to come see y'all one of these days!
As for Suches, going to give it my all.
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
This weekend is opening of TWO for season. Might be a madhouse there, fun for sure. Then in 2 weeks for Bobs, most riding I done since last year.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

bobrebos

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »
This weekend is opening of TWO for season. Might be a madhouse there, fun for sure. Then in 2 weeks for Bobs, most riding I done since last year.

Ive ridden very little so far this year also. 

Offline nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 01:32:39 AM »
Hoping the weather will cooperate next Saturday. 

Looking damp next week until Friday . . .
1990 MilleGT

bobrebos

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 06:29:39 AM »
Bumpity Bump.   Looks like next Saturday may rain some, but its been raining for like the last ten days here so whats new.  At least temperatures are mild!  Cant control the weather!

Hope some of you can stop by for lunch on 21 March 2020, 12:00 noon at the Two Wheels Of Suches Motorcycle campground!  Il be there for the weekend on a relaxing trip! (So I sit and people watch, lol)

See you there!  http://twowheelsofsuches.com/    :bike-037:

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 06:20:33 PM »
Bumpity Bump.   Looks like next Saturday may rain some, but its been raining for like the last ten days here so whats new.  At least temperatures are mild!  Cant control the weather!

Hope some of you can stop by for lunch on 21 March 2020, 12:00 noon at the Two Wheels Of Suches Motorcycle campground!  Il be there for the weekend on a relaxing trip! (So I sit and people watch, lol)

See you there!  http://twowheelsofsuches.com/    :bike-037:

Bob, it’s highly doubtful I’ll be able to make it. My Quota is down for repairs to get ready for the main riding season and I work Friday night thru Wednesday morning. It pays well but sucks for a social life.

bobrebos

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 06:27:31 AM »
Bob, it’s highly doubtful I’ll be able to make it. My Quota is down for repairs to get ready for the main riding season and I work Friday night thru Wednesday morning. It pays well but sucks for a social life.

Thanks for the update!  Hope the Quota comes out of the shop soon for you and you have a great riding season.  Work is understandable!  Be well.  Bob

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2020, 07:44:29 PM »
Thanks for the update!  Hope the Quota comes out of the shop soon for you and you have a great riding season.  Work is understandable!  Be well.  Bob

Thanks man. What time are you going to be there Friday? If you see an iridescent yellow victory show up it’s me.

bobrebos

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
Thanks man. What time are you going to be there Friday? If you see an iridescent yellow victory show up it’s me.

Im hoping to get there Friday by around 2:00pm but am concerned they might close because of the virus thing.  They are canceling and closing everything it almost seems like.  Im watching their website.   

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »
Im hoping to get there Friday by around 2:00pm but am concerned they might close because of the virus thing.  They are canceling and closing everything it almost seems like.  Im watching their website.

I know the restaurants and grocery stores and the hotel I am in are definitely doing more than they usually do to keep things sanitized. 

Seems like they should be doing that all the time or at least during flu season. 

With all the interaction with others from everywhere over the past several weeks I should probably practice social isolation for a couple weeks when I get home.  Might just take time off and go camp in the National Forest. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
I know the restaurants and grocery stores and the hotel I am in are definitely doing more than they usually do to keep things sanitized. 

Seems like they should be doing that all the time or at least during flu season. 

With all the interaction with others from everywhere over the past several weeks I should probably practice social isolation for a couple weeks when I get home.  Might just take time off and go camp in the National Forest.

Good idea until they close all the campgrounds??  Hope you get to go camping and enjoy!   :bike-037:

Offline nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »
Good idea until they close all the campgrounds?? 

Wouldn't want to give - to the wildlife.    :grin:
1990 MilleGT

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 12:53:24 AM »
Good idea until they close all the campgrounds??  Hope you get to go camping and enjoy!   :bike-037:

I'm talking National Forest boondocking, not campgrounds.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:28:56 PM by twowheeladdict »
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

bobrebos

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 09:42:07 AM »
I still am planning on going to Suches for the weekend, but if that changes I will post on here immediately.  With todays environment with the corona virus I understand if you other riders decide you don't want to go.  I think that is a personal decision and I understand.  For any that decide to come for lunch Il see you Saturday at noon.  If nobody decides to come I fully understand.  Be well out there.  Bob
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 10:51:01 AM by bobrebos »

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 12:18:03 PM »
As of today I'm still on for a Friday arrival.

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here